• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS 2016 Line Up By Nintendo Revealed (Verified Source at Nintendo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindekuma

Banned
Keep that source of yours safe, OP.

fsXsL.gif

More leaks, MORE!

I can't tell if this is serious or not :/

I don't see why he can't feel that way--I share the sentiment as well.

Edit: Like Vyse said, the 3DS library + DS library + all the great indie games (a console with actual Japanese indie support) = my favorite handheld ever.

The only thing I'm left wanting is some Dreamcast games ported. Action on the top screen and a VMU display on the bottom.

MK_768

The 3ds library is fantastic on its own, but the fact that it also plays DS games pushes it into god-tier. With the two libraries combined, it's easily the best handheld ever. That's not a tall order or a stretch, really.

I mean if you want to include the DS games, sure. But 3DS alone? No.

I don't see why he can't feel that way--I share the sentiment as well.

Never said he couldn't. I was just confused lol.

GUYS I CANNOT CONTAIN MY ZELDA NX HYPE. I wanted the best for the game and it seems like we really might be getting it!!!! There's a reason the only footage we have of the Wii U version is in 720p, I bet they didn't compromise on their original vision for the game and its size and that will actually come to the NX and the Wii U version will be largely the same aside from a lower resolution though both will likely be 30fps. I'm so hyped!

And to you guys who are mad about it, why? I own a Wii U and I've put plenty of hours into it. I honestly think that despite its historically poor sales Nintendo has done a great job giving it great games. It makes sense to me that they would need Zelda to bolster the NX launch, and I'm biased because that's what I wanted, but financially it's for the best

And consider this: if the NX does well, which it will with a launch title like Zelda, we can expect a lot more games from Nintendo and othe developers because it's a lot safer to invest in development for a larger install base!

thefro

Wait, so now we're treating FFXV and FFVIIr as definitely coming to the NX?

Not confirmed (Trev said that was a rumor), but I'd say that looks much more likely now given what we've learned.

I suspect everything from the "PS4 developer" on the dev kit timing was spot-on, Unreal 4/Unity supprt, crazy NDAs etc. which is partially why the Nintendo person contacted him. That's also been backed up by the comments from the Unravel dev about not being able to learn about the NX before they pitched a project.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What???

Trev leaked this or...?

Awhile ago, Serkan Toto tweeted that he heard from a reliable source (otherwise, he wouldn't have posted it) that Namco is working on several games for NX, including a Super Smash Bros. game for launch. No specification about if it's a new game or a port, but I think we all know what it actually is, i.e. port of SSB 3DS/Wii U.

MK_768

Well its backward compatible with the NDS so...its the best handheld.

As for the leaker(s), stay safe.

polishing.gif

Again I was under the impression that he meant the 3DS alone. I was wrong. Also again, I do not disagree that, with the library of the DS at its disposal, the 3DS is the best handheld.

AdanVC

Maybe the NX version of XV is the surprise Tabata mentioned would be announced at the XV event?

That could happen but only if Nintendo reveals NX before the FFXV event. It would be insanely cool if true. I would not have to buy a PS4 to play XV and FF7R :D

thefro

What is this developer and engine leak stuff? Link to an article or a GAF thread?

Here's the information from the PS4 developer on the NX

Trevelyan9999 said:
I am sharing this with you guys as a rumor, but I happen to know that this info is true/correct:
http://www.nintengen.com/2016/02/nin...it-engine.html

Unnamed Developer says their game is running on Unreal Engine 4 and looks very impressive graphically.
The Developer said that Dev Kits are limited supply and a larger number of developers wanting Dev Kits will get an SDK so they can prep their titles for release on NX.
The Developer’s Nintendo Account Manager stated that Unity and Unreal Engine 4 will both be ready in time for when developers outside of key partners are able to purchase dev-kits of their own.
The Developer states that since their game is running on Unreal Engine 4 already, this is very promising news and are happy that Nintendo has at least taken the initiative in this regard of engine support out of the gate.
The Developer seems to think that they have a good chance of getting an actual dev kit and not just an SDK.

The developer went on to inform that he actually did not break any NDA that he was under by telling this information. The release date of the Dev Kits for all developers remains under NDA and the specs of the Dev Kit are still hidden

Developer interest is far higher in the NX than the Wii U at this stage

I believe there was another video where he said that PS4 dev also stated that the timelines for when you could order a dev kit (if you weren't a trusted partner) made sense for third parties to be able to port games over to the NX for a 2016 launch.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Keep that source of yours safe, OP.

fsXsL.gif

More leaks, MORE!

I hope that source is safe. No need to risk anything with more leaks, you took one for the team. As a happy Wii U and 3DS owner I appreciated the info, and it didn't reflect poorly on Nintendo.

Malus

Aside from the bullshots res (1440p downscaled to 1080p), the game looks like that on the Wii U lol. It should look way better on the NX if it's a normal jump.

I hope it gets more than a resolution bump. Reading the AC Black Flag last gen vs next gen comparison on digital foundry the game got a lot of little details improved in addition to resolution.

I just want AA.

Nicer textures would be great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom