• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[3DS eShop] The Rolling Western/Dillon's Rolling Western |OT|

Yagharek

Smiles all round from me.

EAD <3
Tower defence <3

Been looking forward to this since Armadillo Racing was cancelled on pal ps1.

Let me take you through my FEELS as I saw this thread:

1) "An OT for an eshop game, that's rare. Huh."

2) "Roling Western? That sounds like a really lame title though."

3) "But wait...if someone made an OT for it...then it must be awesome, I guess."

4) *Clicks thread*

5) "Hmmm! That Clint Eastwood Armadillo actually...looks pretty bad-ass! I'm surprised!"

6) *Reads thread* "Whoa, whoa, whoa...this game is MADE by Nintendo?"

7) *Clicks video* O______o

8)
13034936768621.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I find it really weird that Dillon is the "funny animal" type while the rest wear full clothing.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Although it may be using some Zelda assets. The game is apparently Nintendo x Vanpool working together.

So it could be Vanpool with Tanabe / SPD3. Or Vanpool with Aonuma / EAD3. Eitherway not a full EAD/SPD inhouse game. Still looks cool.

Wizpig

10€ and no demo? ouch.

The few people following this game will buy this for sure, but what about the more "casual" e-Shop customers?

Wizpig

Right :lol

Well, i usually buy XBLA games so 800 points (10€) is a good price there... it's just that this is unprecedented on 3DS.

Will buy the game for sure today though.

Playing right now.

Initial impressions;
- Graphics are good. Character models especially, but backgrounds are pretty bland (for a desert... lol)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So Panzer Dragoon director Yukio Futatsugi on Sakura Samurai and now former SMRPG and Love-de-Lic staffer Taro Kudo on this? Sweet.

Although it may be using some Zelda assets. The game is apparently Nintendo x Vanpool working together.

So it could be Vanpool with Tanabe / SPD3. Or Vanpool with Aonuma / EAD3. Eitherway not a full EAD/SPD inhouse game. Still looks cool.

Vanpool is great, I have their Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love sitting on my desk.
I need a nap before I can really enjoy TRW though ;//

The game is not wasting any time on a proper introduction. It's a bit confusing so far, but the Zelda-esque treasure chest opening was funny.

freoleo29

Wow this is $15 dollars in Australia,
i thought it was going to be $9 and a first minute buy but now im not sure and going to have to wait for reviews.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
What was Pusho priced at in Europe and Australia? I'm trying to estimate the USA price for Dillon...

great, let us know further impressions, please.
especially on the longevity (to justify the price tag)

I've played for about 10 minutes, but it seems pretty deep. There's Quests, upgradeable items, treasure chests to find.

I've been playing for a while and haven't actually fought any enemies yet...

Alright, I finished the first day. It seems pretty neat so far and there's quite a bit of stuff going on. The game is essentially split in two parts; day and night. During the day you gather resources from the open field or from randomly placed mines. You can use them to upgrade your towers or your base. You can also find ancient ruins with treasure chests in them. During the night you defend your base from rock monsters. Those appear in traditional TD manner on certain points on the map and walk along a path to your base. When you touch them the game switches to a separate battle screen where you will fight the monsters. The combat doesn't seem very deep so far as it seems to rely mostly on timing to hit as much dudes as possible with one attack to win the fight as soon as possible.
There's also a Quest tab, which I assume will have sub-objectives, and an equipment tab where you can equip, well, equipment.
There seem to be some cutscenes and text boxes here and there, but it's not incredibly story-heavy. Shocking, I know.

Not sure if the price tag is justified and I can see the combat becoming a problem (or totally awesome, who knows!), but it seems cool so far.

Meikiyou

Alright, I finished the first day. It seems pretty neat so far and there's quite a bit of stuff going on. The game is essentially split in two parts; day and night. During the day you gather resources from the open field or from randomly placed mines. You can use them to upgrade your towers or your base. You can also find ancient ruins with treasure chests in them. During the night you defend your base from rock monsters. Those appear in traditional TD manner on certain points on the map and walk along a path to your base. When you touch them the game switches to a separate battle screen where you will fight the monsters. The combat doesn't seem very deep so far as it seems to rely mostly on timing to hit as much dudes as possible with one attack to win the fight as soon as possible.
There's also a Quest tab, which I assume will have sub-objectives, and an equipment tab where you can equip, well, equipment.
There seem to be some cutscenes and text boxes here and there, but it's not incredibly story-heavy. Shocking, I know.

Not sure if the price tag is justified and I can see the combat becoming a problem (or totally awesome, who knows!), but it seems cool so far.
Cool impressions bro =c

Top Bottom