• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS games on sale at Amazon

Codeblue

It is probably the best price you will get on it for the next two years. I grabbed it even though I'll probably not touch it till next year.

Sold. Now all my friends can stop nagging me about it.

Now lets see if my mortgage can eclipse my student debt.

Is there something special about Animal Crossing that I'm missing? It doesn't sound like fun at all. The entire game sounds like boring busy work.

Davey Cakes

You have got to be shitting me.

I was actually waiting for Animal Crossing: New Leaf to go down in price. Then I realized that $35 was already a lower price point for a 3DS game, plus I had 6 dollars in points so that game would only end up being about $29. I also considered that high-profile Ninty games don't always drop considerably in price. So, I decided to snag it.

A week later it drops to $26 and I would have gotten it for $20 with my points.

THANKS. :(

web01

Whenever I see these awesome us prices and sales its just makes me angry my 3DS is region locked. Would 4 times the games I do now if it was not the case.

Is there something special about Animal Crossing that I'm missing? It doesn't sound like fun at all. The entire game sounds like boring busy work.

You need to experience it yourself to know what it's all about. You are not going to get it if you just read some impressions.

Have you tried the game? Don't worry if you tried and don't like it, some
heartless
people just cannot get it.

Its magical when you get into it , never played anything like it and there is noting else like it (aka the clones mostly all sucks).

Codeblue

You are missing something but it's not really anything I can explain. You might like it, you might not, but Animal Crossing is a super bizarre experience that you need to see first hand to get the appeal.

WolvenOne

What is the price of Animal Crossing on the e-store? I want it, but I am thinking I may prefer to have it always with me.

With you on that one, it sounds like AC is best for short bursts of daily play, which means that you'd either have to keep it in the slot on the time, or fumble with 3DS cards on a daily basis.

I prefer cards for most games, because most games I'm only playing for 3-4 weeks before moving onto something else. But for AC, I'll be paying the extra for the download, I think.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man even at those prices, it's still not enough to make me impulse buy some of these games. I'll wait for a better sale.

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll pass on AC. No one can really say what's good about it and I know a lot of (crazy) gamers like games that are more like jobs than games. This sounds like one of those games and I'm not one of those people.

Hmm, really debating Donkey Kong/Animal Crossing.

Is Animal Crossing like Harvest Moon?

Sort of but not really. Its laid back / relaxed like Harvest Moon but you aren't taking care of anything really. In the one I played you're basically just raising money to upgrade your home, collecting furniture, talking to townsfolk, and taking care of the town. The fun for me was always the events, like stuff on Halloween, since the game goes by the time and date settings on your system.

In the 3DS version I believe you're the mayor so you're also working on upgrading the town and such. And I think the mobile versions also have multiplayer that seems like fun (visiting each others towns and such). I've only played the gamecube version ever so I don't know about the multiplayer really, all I know is that I did enjoy playing animal crossing every once in a while to check out the events. It seems like the perfect game for mobile gaming so you can just pop it out while you're watching TV or something and play for a few minutes every once in a while.

Codeblue

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll pass on AC. No one can really say what's good about it and I know a lot of (crazy) gamers like games that are more like jobs than games. This sounds like one of those games and I'm not one of those people.

That's probably best. I went through the trouble of digging this up, so I'm gonna post it anyway, but Jeff tries to explain why he likes it on the Bombcast. Skip to 57:00.

Edit: He really starts getting into it at 1:05:00

Darryl

Banned

yea its a weird game. i like it a lot. its like a casual facebook game with high production values without all of the manipulative crap. some parts of the game literally makes you wait a real life day to continue. its good if you want gaming to become a part of your life. its bad if you just want something you can pick up for a day, finish it, and do something else.

RM8

It's The Sims meets Harvest Moon meets Paper Mario's localization. Best description I've read about it, I bought the game because of that :p It's definitely not for everyone, it's not an action game.

Hero

These are great sale prices for Nintendo games (25%) but I think people are spoiled by the race to the bottom prices of other publishers where a month after the game comes out it's 50% off or more.

I want a Fire Emblem sale.

It was 30 during the last sale.

RM8

Is NSMB2 good?
Yes. It looks and sounds like a NSMB game alright, but really, the gameplay is perfect 2D Mario. 3D Land is the better Mario game, but this good enough to be worth playing. 2D Mario is way too good to skip, in my opinion.

I wish this was happening on Amazon.co.uk. £35.66 for OoT3D is just extortionate. I suppose on the plus side it prevents me from racking up an absurd backlog.

Guess you have never purchased a first party nintendo handheld title ? They basically never drop in price and they are 25% cheaper than the regular price, thats a "sale" for me.
Don't be ridiculous. Of course I have.

I'm not really sure what point I was trying to make, but I dunno, when I read "sale", I'm expecting something cheaper than $30.

Yes Boss!

Don't be ridiculous. Of course I have.

I'm not really sure what point I was trying to make, but I dunno, when I read "sale", I'm expecting something cheaper than $30.

Sale really does mean $4-7 off. Most hold their value and are price-guarded by Nintendo. Of course there are exceptions to the rule with things like Sin and Punishment, Rhythm Heaven Wi, Golden Sun DS, Elite Beat but those are really the exceptions and not mainline franchises like Animal Crossing.

SlickVic

Ugh, makes me regret not getting OoT 3D when it was on sale for $20 a couple times last year. Every time I've seen it on sale this year it never seems to go below $30. Here's hoping for a good deal on it for Black Friday.

SHIT. I just bought animal crossing yesterday and it shipped out last night. :( oh well, might take this chance to get dkcr3d

Ask Amazon Customer Service about it. YMMV, but they're aces at this sort of thing. Ask if you can get the price adjusted, or if you need to place a new order and return the one that got shipped.

Rootbeer

Banned
I already own them all :( Except LEGO City... and I'm not going near that one. I already own the Wii U version and I'm fine with that. Yes, I know they are 'different games'

GrizzNKev

Banned
Ask Amazon Customer Service about it. YMMV, but they're aces at this sort of thing. Ask if you can get the price adjusted, or if you need to place a new order and return the one that got shipped.

It's in a box with a bunch of other stuff, I don't really want to mess with my order. I'll be fine.

I picked up Luigi's Mansion by price matching at Fry's today. Good timing because I needed 30 points to hit Platinum status for Club Nintendo and the year ends tomorrow.

BiggNife

Animal Crossing is one of those weird games where it's impossible to know whether or not you'll like it until you play it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Amazon UK is doing a deal where you get a free copy of New Super Mario Bros 2 if you buy either a 3DS or 3DSXL, this also includes other bundles

Fail.

It is one of the best games of last year.

But it removed all the charm that the Paper Mario series is known for.

What's sad is a 2-year-old remake of a 15-year-old game at the price of a brand new game.

It's how Nintendo makes their money, beside the game was worth it.

Don't buy this game, it isn't as good as the Wii U version.

Top Bottom