• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

I would not be surprised if Monster Games were working on an F-Zero title, honestly.

If this were true my tears of joy would flood my bedroom, drowning my 3DS leading to more tears, of sadness. No other studio out there understands how to create the perfect balance between a Mario Kart style racing game and a full-on competitive racer with a solid sense of speed like Monster Games.

I only played Metroid: Fusion; the rest will be new to me.

I'm surprised there was no Advance Wars. However, I'd prefer a 3DS version with all the fixings.

Will replay Minish Crap to see if there is any reason why some people do not consider it the worst non-CDi Zelda game in existence.

Peff

Well the last FE never made it outside of Japan which may have set the trend for future entries.

The last FE was a remake of the sequel of the remake that people weren't too thrilled about mostly because it was a remake of a 20-year-old game. There's also the fact that Nintendo's releases this year have had a lot of text in general, which probably killed any chance. I'm confident this one will be released.

FatCat

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

Upon further inspection, there are many titles I have not played, those I have bolded. This list is better than what I was expecting, guess Nintendo really was asking for forgiveness.

What's the general opinion on the fire emblem, kirby and wario land?

18-Volt

I would not be surprised if Monster Games were working on an F-Zero title, honestly.

I would. Monster Games gotta be working on ExciteWhatever on Wii U. Excite is their main reason of their existence. Besides F-Zero wouldn't be F-Zero if SEGA is not in charge of it (Yes, I'm ignoring any F-Zero's other than GX.)

Reclaimer

Minish Cap! I recently started a new playthrough on my GBA, but now I'll wait to get the 3DS version.

So many good games stored in my 3ds at one time!

< happy early adopter.

Will replay Minish Crap to see if there is any reason why some people do not consider it the worst non-CDi Zelda game in existence.

With that attitude, surely you'd be better off playing something you like/something new?

Picking Sacred Stones over 'Fire Emblem' is odd, but OK

Murrah

Banned
What's the general opinion on the fire emblem, kirby and wario land?

Never played Fire Emblem, but Kirby's a pretty cool Metroidvania game, and Wario Land is one of the best 2-D platformers I've ever played. Anyone experiencing it for the first time is in for a tasty, tasty treat

Wow, that's a fantastic list of games. Wario Land 4, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, and Kirby: The Magic Mirror are games I haven't even played before. And the others I never really played for more than an hour except Warioware. Unlike the NES ambassador games, I expect to play the hell out of all of these. Can't wait!

i honestly would have preferred super mario world and not mario world 2. otherwise, its a solid list all around, though i have played/beaten most of them.

Question.

I remember reading maybe two months ago that the GBA games wont have a sleep mode. When you close your 3DS, the top screen will still be on. Is this true?

With that attitude, surely you'd be better off playing something you like/something new?

Picking Sacred Stones over 'Fire Emblem' is odd, but OK

Of course I'd play what I haven't played before, but since I love Zelda and it'll be available for me to play again, I'll give Minish Crap another go. I mean, hey, a crap Zelda is still a good game.

Disappointed at no Advance Wars, but this is a great list.

....Goddamn it!

MooMoo

Question.

I remember reading maybe two months ago that the GBA games wont have a sleep mode. When you close your 3DS, the top screen will still be on. Is this true?
If things haven't changed, then yes, closing the 3DS won't make it go into sleep mode. However, a lot of GBA games have a built in sleep mode that you either activate via menu/through a series of button presses.

tuffy

Question.

Yes. The SpotPass stuff will also be disabled. These games are essentially turning a 3DS into a GBA; they won't have the OS running underneath like emulated NES or Gameboy titles.

Hope the list is the same. And if it's any different I hope it includes ALTTP.
That won't happen due to Four Swords. The ROMs are as-is so they won't remove Four Swords either.

Though if NOA are being trollin' they'll put in:
Zelda: LTTP + unplayable Four Swords
Metroid: Zero Mission
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland

As the latter 2 are sort of NES Ambassador and eShop already. I know they're different enough for it to a well they'll be out eventually, maybe (IIRC, Wario's Woods would like a word)

pulga

Banned
So, Nintendo. You're telling me I get to have Zelda I, Zelda II, Link's Awakening, Four Swords, Ocarina of Time AND Minish Cap inside my 3DS at any given time?

I LOVE YOU YOU BEAUTIFUL GREEDY BASTARDS

gerudoman

Personally, I don't understand picking Amazing Mirror over Nightmare in Dreamland, which I think is one of the best remakes ever made by Nintendo.

The Metroidvania structure felt a bit out of place in a Kirby game, where the fun resides in picking a level and going through it with no complications, whereas in Amazing Mirror you have to be able to find all maps if you don't want to be lost constantly. It was hilarious to find myself printing the maps from the internet and using theme while playing. While playing a Kirby game, lol. It had a decent amount of secrets, though.

Tuck

I'm not an ambassador. Will I be able to buy these games right away or will I have to wait until an undetermined, future date?

I think its the latter (Which sucks), but I want to make sure.

EDIT: Read the beginning of this page. That's disappointing - hopefully Nintendo puts them up for sale one day.

Ridley327

Personally, I don't understand picking Amazing Mirror over Nightmare in Dreamland, which I think is one of the best remakes ever made by Nintendo.

The Metroidvania structure felt a bit out of place in a Kirby game, where the fun resides in picking a level and going through it with no complications, whereas in Amazing Mirror you have to be able to find all maps if you don't want to be lost constantly. It was hilarious to find myself printing the maps from the internet and using theme while playing. While playing a Kirby game, lol. It had a decent amount of secrets, though.

It's not like the Metroidvania formula was particularly new for the franchise (see: Great Cave Offensive), but I wasn't too thrilled with Amazing Mirror myself.

I think the lack of Nightmare in Dreamland can be directly attributed to the recently released 3D Classics version of Kirby's Adventure.

Anybody who missed out on WarioWare Inc. is in for a treat. That and Twisted would probably make my top 5 games of the generation, console games included.

This is a fantastic list!

So, Nintendo. You're telling me I get to have Zelda I, Zelda II, Link's Awakening, Four Swords, Ocarina of Time AND Minish Cap inside my 3DS at any given time?

All that you need now is to have these games on the special edition Zelda 25th anniversary Zelda! But yea, it's a beautiful thing indeed and another reason I am not hating on buying the 3ds day 1.

ghibli99

Great selection. So much better than the NES offerings. Sold off so many of these carts long ago... it will be nice to play them again. Thanks Nintendo!

The last FE was actually good though, fixing most of the things wrong with Shadow Dragon (no more killing units to unlock sidequests, character development, supports, difficulty levels that changed more than just enemy stats, etc). Remember that Sacred Stones came out near the end of the GBA's life as well. I wouldn't say FE3DS is a sure thing just yet.
It didn't fix the dreary DKC graphics. I think Shadow Dragon sales and fans trolling it to death basically killed any hopes of FE3 DS. Hopefully the lull in FE allows it to reboot with the 3DS version. Shadow Dragons difficulty did more than stats. Enemies start getting forged weapons from H2.

Personally, I was very straight to the point with my Shadow Dragon post-play survey (on the NOE side), I felt the game needed FE3DS in it from the start (or some extension to the plot, the prologue didn't cut it) and its exculsion was a cynical money grab as it was blatently in development. If others felt the same, there you go, they listened for once :(

Why would they release Mother 3 when the MOTHER 3DS Collection is coming?!

*sobs*
This is just giving me horrible visions of Mother 3 3D in the style of the N64 version of Mother 3...

The Lamp

Now if they just give us a Majora's Mask 3D then it will truly be the ultimate Zelda handheld.

All that you need now is to have these games on the special edition Zelda 25th anniversary Zelda! But yea, it's a beautiful thing indeed and another reason I am not hating on buying the 3ds day 1.

It just sucks we can't have ALTTP on there too. Hopefully they're working on a top secret 3D Classics version!

Roto13

Kirby's Adventure is already on the eShop, in 3D no less. There's not much point to have another remake there too.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Love this list.

Outside of YI and Minish Cap (both great games, and I'm glad people will get to experience the latter which I consider possibly the best hand-held Zelda), I never played the other ones. Especially excited about Warioland, the original WarioWare, and Fire Emblem.

Top Bottom