• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

Great list but I definitely would have preferred Fire Emblem 7.
I'm wondering if they chose Sacred Stones for its gentler difficulty or excluded FE7 as it is more valuable.

Shame Sacred Stones has the enemy control glitch (though its kind of fun having a Bishop using Dark magic) and the Peirce glitch (Peirce is weird animation-wise and if you get two in a row and the second one hits while the enemy HP is still depleting from the first the game will lock up) then again FE7 had the random Devil Axe glitch (the backfire would raise HP instead of lower...and would not stop) and of course the mine glitch (which is enemy control except you can easily do it on any map).

finally i shall play Minish Cap :)

really looking forwards to getting back some of my favourite GBA titles. that's a wonderful list.

I'm wondering if they chose Sacred Stones for its gentler difficulty or excluded FE7 as it is more valuable.

Shame Sacred Stones has the enemy control glitch (though its kind of fun having a Bishop using Dark magic) and the Peirce glitch (Peirce is weird animation-wise and if you get two in a row and the second one hits while the enemy HP is still depleting from the first the game will lock up) then again FE7 had the random Devil Axe glitch (the backfire would raise HP instead of lower...and would not stop) and of course the mine glitch (which is enemy control except you can easily do it on any map).
My least favorite part of Sacred Stones is the inclusion of random battles. I know you don't have to do them if you don't want to but I've always loved how the FE games are balanced around a specific number of battles and experience available to you. Throwing in random battles lets them avoid properly balancing the game for no grinding. FE 7 had a much better story as well. I don't know anything about glitches in either game. :p

Sacred Stones is still a great game, though.

Metacritics review links:
Don't forget to add +5 for each score due to media handheld bias. :p

Edit: NVM

I'm just excited they are coming.

It's also good to see that Nintendo still remember it has an F-Zero franchise.

Well it's tomorrow in Japan, Australia and Europe, definitely. I don't know where you are, but NOA would have to be real dicks to make Americans wait a week longer!

Edit: Oh, okay whatever.

You foiled my Stealth Edit!

Yeah, I realised that it didn't make much sense to have North America wait a week. However, NOA can be a real dick.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The only 2 games I don't really care that much about is WarioWare and FE. I'll be giving FE a chance to hook me but it hasn't in the past. I don't like WarioWare at all.

Wonder why they didn't just include Sealed Sword or Blazing Sword instead of Sacred Stones for Fire Emblem. Sacred Stones is embarrassingly easy.
Sealed Sword doesn't have an English translation so they couldn't pick that if they wanted the games to be the same across all territories.

Soulhouf

I would prefer some obscure games rather than the classics that everybody played already.
But still it's nice to have those for free.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I would like some obscure games rather than the classics that everybody already played.
But still it's nice to have those for free.
What obscure Nintendo-published GBA games (they weren't going to give out third party games) would you like?

Bgamer90

Banned
Great games.

Would have preferred Super Mario Bros. 3 -- Mario Advanced 4 but maybe that could be a future downloadable title.

Javier

Advance Wars was probably out of the question from the beginning, since they were released differently in Japan and US/EU. While we got the games separately here (as intended), in Japan the games were released as a 1+2 compilation, so there's no "common" version to release globally.

FE: Sacred Stones was likely chosen because it's a completely standalone entry and FE6 is Japan-only while FE7 is connected to it. FE8 is fun to blast through though, and a great starting point for newcomers.

Soulhouf

What obscure Nintendo-published GBA games (they weren't going to give out third party games) would you like?

Something like Dr. Mario & Puzzle League/Kuru Kuru Kururin.

But yeah, you have a point. Most of the games published by Nintendo in NA are classics.

That's actually a pretty fun list. The only one I haven't played on there was Wario Land 4 even though I loved the first three. I bought a physical copy recently for like $2 but it ended up not working so this is perfect. I'd also love to play Minish Cap again and having Super Circuit always on my system is awesome.

Oh shit, thats indeed and amzing list.
I would have preferred Zero Mission (so fucking good), but fusion is also awesome.
F-zero Climax would have been awesome, its too bad it was never realeased in the west, because its the best Mode7 F-Zero there is, and even if I love Maximum Velocity music was not really good, and characters where shit.

I'm excited to play many of those games and I'm glad Fire Emblem's been included just so it gets some recognition for being the awesome series that it is.

ultron87

I hope they quickly go back on their promise to keep these games to ambassadors only.

I would pay good money for Metroid and Minish Cap. Presumably Nintendo wants money.

Plasma

Banned
Pretty good list only other games I probably would have liked to have seen were Advance Wars and Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green.

Really hope these aren't one offs and they do end up bringing GBA games to the virtual console, I loved my GBA so many great games.

I hope they quickly go back on their promise to keep these games to ambassadors only.

I would pay good money for Metroid and Minish Cap. Presumably Nintendo wants money.

I hope they don't. Us ambassadors have earned our preferential treatment with our stupidity

Top Bottom