• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(3DS) NEW Love Plus+ announced in this week's Famitsu

This series needs to die (I'm sorry fans). There was a stage where the art looked alright, now it looks a cheap visual novel. There are better waifus to be found elsewhere people.

Also is the game actually called NEW Love Plus + ......isn't that new love plus plus?

I thought the last one failed?

Is this series still alive?
Didn't fail, it boosted 3DS sales and given the game breaking bugs, it still performed well. 200k IIRC, not too shabby.

Edit: actually it fell off the charts at 130k...still wouldn't be surprised if it crept up to 200k~ in the end, a patch for the bug did come out after all, the game could have recovered some what after the fact.

King Boo

x22VLpQ.jpg

lmao. is he cheating on his wife?! (i'm assuming he's married)

Pyrrhus

I still just don't understand this series... I know people are supposed to get attached to the girl characters and some people take it too far. It doesn't bother everybody that they've got the same girlfriend as a couple million other people?

vareon

I still just don't understand this series... I know people are supposed to get attached to the girl characters and some people take it too far. It doesn't bother everybody that they've got the same girlfriend as a couple million other people?

Are you not understanding the game or some people playing the game that way? The game itself is just a relatively harmless lovesim.

CTLance

Man, that Iwata pic is creepy. The blur adds a "caught in the act, blurred to protect his identity" angle...
She looks like your typical 2DPD scum.
I'll fully admit to having little interest in the genre, but your comment led me to google and now I'm even more confused.
kjW_3+-R_original.png

Pyrrhus

Are you not understanding the game or some people playing the game that way? The game itself is just a relatively harmless lovesim.

I believe I understand it mechanically. I don't understand where the emotional investment, particularly on the more extreme end, comes from.

Zenaku

That's why she's not in NEW Love Plus+.

Took me a second or two, but I got it. xD

Pyrrhus, I've played the game almost 300 hours now, and I don't really understand the emotional investment either.

Generally I like visual novels. I like simple love stories, I like games where you get to know characters well, I like games where you collect things; the games have a lot of small things I like that let me enjoy it. There's plenty I'd still like to see improved though (an easier way of setting the girls hair/clothes being top of the list).

wsippel

Banned
I would say "No one is going to get that, Mandoric." but with Highschool DxD NEW airing this summer, maybe it will spread in English...
And guess what's getting a 3DS game...?

Which is probably a bigger surprise than New Love Plus+, as I definitely expected a Vita game here. The shonen games moving to 3DS I could understand, but the otaku games seemed to remain on Sony platforms for the most part.

Its a game dude..Not like you're gonna actually sleep with the girl you date, why does it bother you that a million people "date" her?

vareon

I believe I understand it mechanically. I don't understand where the emotional investment, particularly on the more extreme end, comes from.

Well some people have extreme emotional to everything, from fictional characters to toys to whatever, that aren't rational at all from the outside view. I don't think we need to understand them, as the game is not designed so that virgins can marry their DS.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Game release date set for Spring 2014, and NEW LovePlus+ Mega Deluxe Complete Sets announced for each of the 3 heroines.

For just 32,000 yen, you get a set that comes with:
  • Customized deluxe 3DS LL with the chosen heroine
  • New LovePlus+ (package version)
  • A4 40-page book visual artbook featuring the chosen heroine
  • Binaural recording drama CD featuring the chosen heroine (approx. 10 minutes)
  • 4 illustration sheets (of the event CGs) sealed in an envelope (to prevent spoilers until one experiences them in-game) featuring the chosen heroine
  • Customized illustrated packaging art featuring the chosen heroine

Rendering sample:
mutxoGc.jpg

Pre-orders close December 8th!

mpgeist

I wish Konami would give Akari Uchida some money to produce a new Rumble Roses (one that is fun to play instead of just about oogling the girls, too) instead of making him do these Love Plus games over and over.

cafemomo

I'm legit surprised Konami hasn't made Metal Dating Solid yet.

Where you can date Paz, EVA, Dr. Naomi, Meryl, Mei, Rose, etc.. etc..

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is gonna bomb pretty hard, isn't it?

I was under the impression that New LovePlus' launch issues basically murdered the goodwill the franchise had built over the previous years.

cafemomo

No Solid Snake husbando?

dlc for husbandos

Kaz - $20
-
MGS2 Raiden - $20
MGS4 Raiden - $15
MGR Raiden - $50
-
MGS1 Solid Snake - $10
MGS2 Solid Snake - $15 (to call him Iroquois Pliskin, an extra $2.50)
MGS4 Old Snake - $5
--
MGS3 Naked Snake - $35 (to call him Big Boss, an extra $2.50)

etc.. etc..

Hey guys, can any of you tell me how I should instruct a friend of mine to obtain the Manaka set via preorder or otherwise? Is there a particular shop that she can go to? My friend lives in Nagano and willing to go to Tokyo if needed to preorder it.

I am asking because she has no idea and still can't speak japanese very well.

Sakura

Hey guys, can any of you tell me how I should instruct a friend of mine to obtain the Manaka set via preorder or otherwise? Is there a particular shop that she can go to? My friend lives in Nagano and willing to go to Tokyo if needed to preorder it.

I am asking because she has no idea and still can't speak japanese very well.

Can't she just order it off Amazon?

Can't she just order it off Amazon?

amazon.jp ?

Again, her ability to read japanese is almost basically non existent. My reading abilities are basically kindergarden. What kind of requirements and what kind of information do you need to enter to successfully preorder it?

I can see it here
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B3%E3%83%8A%E3%83%9F%E3%83%87%E3%82%B8%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%83%86%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88-NEW%E3%83%A9%E3%83%96%E3%83%97%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9-%E3%83%9E%E3%83%8A%E3%82%AB%E3%83%87%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%BB%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%BC3DS-LL%E5%90%8C%E6%A2%B1/dp/B00GTE7NTM

But how would an illiterate gaijin order it? That is the question.

Sakura

amazon.jp ?

Again, her ability to read japanese is almost basically non existent. My reading abilities are basically kindergarden. What kind of requirements and what kind of information do you need to enter to successfully preorder it?

I can see it here

But how would an illiterate gaijin order it? That is the question.

There is a button in the top right below the cart icon that says "Would you like to see this page in English?" just click that. The product name and stuff will still be in Japanese, but the ordering and stuff page should be in English.

There is a button in the top right below the cart icon that says "Would you like to see this page in English?" just click that. The product name and stuff will still be in Japanese, but the ordering and stuff page should be in English.

Wow, how did I not see that? You've been really helpful. One last question. Amazon.jp works the same way as Amazon US, right? As in, she won't be charged until it ships out?

Sakura

Wow, how did I not see that? You've been really helpful. One last question. Amazon.jp works the same way as Amazon US, right? As in, she won't be charged until it ships out?

I imagine so, but as I haven't ordered off there (they won't ship games overseas) I'm not sure.

Dunno if I should keep complaining that I don't want to hear about these things unless they're being localized in Eglish, OR I should finally just learn Japanese.

Top Bottom