• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS release date set at Nov 20th in Japan?

Boney

Banned
AniHawk said:
About as well as the rest of the series. Certainly not the worst.
I'm gonna guess Sacred Stones was the worst one. Still, it was a pretty lazy remake, and as much I love the series, that shouldn't be rewarded. They should've moved 3's remake to 3DS in order to get people to jump in like the original Advance Wars, but I guess they already had everything up and just had to move the maps around.

AniHawk

Boney said:
I'm gonna guess Sacred Stones was the worst one. Still, it was a pretty lazy remake, and as much I love the series, that shouldn't be rewarded. They should've moved 3's remake to 3DS in order to get people to jump in like the original Advance Wars, but I guess they already had everything up and just had to move the maps around.

Actually, the GBA games sold really well. More than they did in Japan. I think Path of Radiance is the worst-selling in America. Shadow Dragon's squarely in the middle.

Boney

Banned
AniHawk said:
Actually, the GBA games sold really well. More than they did in Japan. I think Path of Radiance is the worst-selling in America. Shadow Dragon's squarely in the middle.
Oh yeah, forgot it released on 2005. That's dead territory.

seady

Japan system launch usually don't come with too many titles. I remember the Gamcube's launch only has like 3 games.

Busaiku

Chris1964 said:
Japan: Pokemon Crystal for GBC first, GBA 3 months later
USA: GBA 3 months after Japan, Pokemon Crystal for GBC 1 month later than GBA

Japan: Pokemon Black / White for DS first, 3DS 3 months later
USA: 3DS 3-4 months after Japan, Pokemon Black / White for DS same time or later than 3DS
What about Emerald?
It was 3 months before DS in Japan, DS launched in the US 2 weeks before Japan, and Emerald came 6 months later.

mj1108

If on the 29th they announce a November/December release here in the US, I suggest everyone here who wants one go and preorder the fuck out of one IMMEDIATELY. I said it before and I'll say it again, if it gets released here in that time frame it WILL be the hot toy this Christmas....which means if you don't get it right away you'll have to fight soccer mom's and scalpers to get yours before the end of the year.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I was expecting March 2011 or June for a realistic Australian launch :lol :lol :lol

I'd murder to get it by Christmas.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
AceBandage said:
So, it'll come out in either 2010 or 2011?
I mean, just because it says "launch" game doesn't mean a thing.
From last month:
In the course of this day we also had the opportunity, the DS version of Sims 3: Console test out in detail. In an interview with producer Sam Player, we could also include the proposed 3DS version of the popular EA simulation speak at.

According to him it was planned to publish the game for the launch of 3DS.

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-the-sims-3-for-the-nintendo-3ds
The EA Play Label of EA today announced that the critically-acclaimed The Sims 3 is in development for the Nintendo 3DS, and will be available in 2011.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Router said:
I was expecting March 2011 or June for a realistic Australian launch :lol :lol :lol

if it came out around Christmas, you'd literally have to if you really want one :lol

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Router said:

For what it's worth, I haven't heard anything about a 3DS release date this year.

Most of the Euro countries and the UK have had 3DS events, we haven't.

seady

sphinx said:
It will be like the wii all over. Out of stock for a couple of years, the premium +90% metacritic game material with take its time to arrive but it will at some point, I will slowly finish my DS backlog (Like I did with my Gamecube) and when the dust has settled down, I will go into a store and purchase a nice 3DS bundle with a free game and buy a second game of my own, very likely resident evil revelations and I guarantee everyone, when I buy the thing there will be no lines, no hassle, no overpricing and no lack of games and I'll win.

buying later is always better than early, we all know it.

I used to think that way too about buying later always get the better deal. Of course, prices go down over time. However, when you wait so long to save 30-50 bucks, early adoptor would be experiencing the system 2 years ahead of you also. 30-50 bucks saving or 2 years more of enjoyment?

Of course, I didn't put hardware revision into the equation.

Owzers

AceBandage said:
Again....
Doesn't really mean anything.
If the 3DS comes out in November, and that game comes out in January, it's still considered in the "launch window".

And it's not like EA is going to leak the release date of 3ds in an interview.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
VOOK said:
For what it's worth, I haven't heard anything about a 3DS release date this year.

Most of the Euro countries and the UK have had 3DS events, we haven't.

That would mean Ninty AUS would have to do some work. We all know how much they hate doing work :lol

has Nintendo shown any games for the 3ds thus far that were actually playable? I just don't think they will have software ready for a US launch by the holiday season.

ILikeFeet

Banned
outunderthestars said:
has Nintendo shown any games for the 3ds thus far that were actually playable? I just don't think they will have software ready for a US launch by the holiday season.

PilotWings 3D, Nintendogs + Cats, Steel Diver, and a couple of augmented reality demos

outunderthestars said:
Starfox, Pilotwings, Steel Driver, and Nintendogs + Cats were all playable. Not to mention the other third party playable titles.

outunderthestars said:

Pilot Wings, Target Shooting and I believe Steel Diver were all playable.
But even then, games like Star Fox, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus and many third party games that are ports could easily be ready by November.

Boney

Banned
QuiteWhittle said:
Starfox, Pilotwings, Steel Driver, and Nintendogs + Cats were all playable. Not to mention the other third party playable titles.
The Detective one from Ubisoft? What else from third parties was playable? Sims?

Boney said:
So what's gonna happen with Layton 4? Limbo?

Isn't Mask of Miracle Layton 4?
professor-layton-and-the-mask-of-miracle-20100615000803798_640w.jpg

professor-layton-and-the-mask-of-miracle-20100615000633832.jpg

AceBandage said:
Samurai Warriors was playable?
Huh, don't think I saw a video of that.
Yeah, there was short gameplay along with a video. I actually saw the tutorial screen in a youtube video linked in the old "3DS revealed" thread but I never saved it.

zigg

AceBandage said:
Isn't Mask of Miracle Layton 4?

Nope, that's 5. 4 was The Specter's Flute, released last year.

But I don't see why Nintendo couldn't still release it in the U.S. in 2011 for DS, really.

Boney

Banned
zigg said:

But I don't see why Nintendo couldn't still release it in the U.S. in 2011 for DS, really.
You're totally right.

zigg said:

Ah.
I could see it getting a 3DS release in the West, actually.
Didn't they do that for a few GBA games when the DS came out?

Bizzyb

Banned
outunderthestars said:

1. The stuff shown at E3 was in NO way an indication of what stages those games actually were in at that moment. In other words, those were not necessarily, and were most likely not the current builds

2. June-October (5 months) is plenty of time to finish up a game that has already been, presumably, in development for 6 months.

3. Crunch-Time and over-time can do wonders for a games mid-late stage development

edit:

4. Many games that are ports/remakes can have development times cut significantly considering many of the assets such as art, game design, etc have already been completed and all that's left is to merely transfer the game to the 3DS with a few graphical and audio enhancements with a bit of new content thrown in for good measure

ILikeFeet

Banned
AceBandage said:
Ah.

I think so. chances are when they do put out Layton 4, it will contain a big ass ad Layton 5

jambo

sphinx said:
It will be like the wii all over. Out of stock for a couple of years, the premium +90% metacritic game material with take its time to arrive but it will at some point, I will slowly finish my DS backlog (Like I did with my Gamecube) and when the dust has settled down, I will go into a store and purchase a nice 3DS bundle with a free game and buy a second game of my own, very likely resident evil revelations and I guarantee everyone, when I buy the thing there will be no lines, no hassle, no overpricing and no lack of games and I'll win.

buying later is always better than early, we all know it.
cutting_edge.png

Boney

Banned
AceBandage said:
Ah.
I don't see why they would. It's a perfect title to keep supporting the DS.

DonMigs85

AniHawk said:
How did Radiant Dawn do? Much better than PoR?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Maybe the 3DS will launch and nobody will care. It will sell 100 copies in the US during its first week. Every buyer will be a gaffer. Nintendo will go out of business, and the PSP will reign supreme.

Maybe.

EatChildren said:
Maybe the PSP will launch and nobody will care. It will sell 100 copies in the US during its first week. Every buyer will be a gaffer. Sony will go out of business, and the NDS will reign supreme.

Maybe.
fuct?

Trakdown said:
Mock if unrelated, but I noticed my Toys R Us ad is cutting the price on the DSI and the DSI XL. Just sayin'.

yea, they dropped like $20 everywhere starting today. was announced a couple weeks ago i think.

Boney

Banned
EatChildren said:
Maybe the 3DS will launch and nobody will care. It will sell 100 copies in the US during its first week. Every buyer will be a gaffer. Nintendo will go out of business, and the PSP will reign supreme.

Maybe.
Well, it could very well be $600..

Tis worth saying with regards to launch games - these were the launch titles for the original DS in the USA:

• Asphalt Urban GT (Gameloft)
  • Feel the Magic: XY/XX (Sega)
  • Madden NFL 2005 (Electronic Arts)
  • Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
  • Ping Pals (THQ)
  • Ridge Racer DS (Namco)
  • Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
  • Sprung (Ubisoft)
  • Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (Nintendo)
  • Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
  • The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts)

Based on this, I don't think it's unrealistic at all to potentially see a launch with a similarish set of basic, starter launch titles. The Market is a different shape now, of course, so there'd have to be a token puzzler/brain training style game in there too, but when you consider Nintendo has 2 N64 remakes confirmed for the machine already, those could be ready day one as the bulk of the games already exist, and I'm sure other publishers will have absolutely no problem churning out something rushed for a 2010 launch,

Top Bottom