• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS release date set at Nov 20th in Japan?

Words cannot express how excited the prospect of a 2010 US release makes me. My extremities are literally tingling with anticipation. As a personal aside, this is going to be the only system other than the OG GBA that I got on day one.

AniHawk

APZonerunner said:
Tis worth saying with regards to launch games - these were the launch titles for the original DS in the USA:

Based on this, I don't think it's unrealistic at all to potentially see a launch with a similarish set of basic, starter launch titles. The Market is a different shape now, of course, so there'd have to be a token puzzler/brain training style game in there too, but when you consider Nintendo has 2 N64 remakes confirmed for the machine already, those could be ready day one as the bulk of the games already exist, and I'm sure other publishers will have absolutely no problem churning out something rushed for a 2010 launch,

OoT 3D isn't going to be ready day one. Pilotwings, Star Fox, and Nintendogs are the three likeliest candidates. They were playable at E3 unlike Mario Kart, Zelda, and Kid Icarus.

On the third party side, Dead or Alive and/or Super Street Fighter IV would also probably be likely launch or launch window games.

Busaiku

AniHawk said:
OoT 3D isn't going to be ready day one. Pilotwings, Star Fox, and Nintendogs are the three likeliest candidates. They were playable at E3 unlike Mario Kart, Zelda, and Kid Icarus.
They've been saying they want Kid Icarus Uprising at launch.
Wasn't it even said during the conference that it was supposed to be a launch game (but Mr. Sakurai later seems to imply that it's not guaranteed, but that's what they're aiming for)?

ILikeFeet

Banned
Busaiku said:
They've been saying they want Kid Icarus Uprising at launch.
Wasn't it even said during the conference that it was supposed to be a launch game (but Mr. Sakurai later seems to imply that it's not guaranteed, but that's what they're aiming for)?

yea, he did.

EvilDick34 said:
I want steel diver! One of the best 2D side scroller sub games ever was the hunt for red october on the Gameboy, loved and played the hell out of that game, was frickin awesome. One of the best movie tie in games ever lol!

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IavqHvFRVe8&feature=related
That game was hard as fuck (but the music brings a tear to my eye).

Here's what I'd like to see at launch:

Pilotwings
Zelda: OoT remix
DJ Hero (only if it has different mixes though)
And that Saints Row game

Now that I think about it, my wife is not going to be thrilled when she sees how much money I'm going to be dropping on this thing. :lol

Sega

ILikeFeet said:
throw in those AR games, and 3DSware is off to a better start than DSiware
I strongly agree. If those AR games are part of the deal, it's awesome. However... while I don't mind buying a 3DS at launch, I do fully expect to rebuy a 3DS in the future when they improve/enlarge the screen. If it follows the DSi in its inability to transfer/redownload content bought off their store, it's very likely I wll decide not to buy any 3DSware games at all (or at least until I buy the later revision possibly). Nintendo's decision to forever lock all purchases to only the single piece of hardware you bought it for is really backward to me.

Pachinko

It isn't often that I hope a rumour is false but I won't have money for this thing for 6 months so I'm hoping it comes out like the middle of march. Otherwise it'll be thrown on the visa :(

VOOK said:

Nope, Miyamoto said that it's a retail release.

My guess would be that Steel Diver, Kid Icarus and Nintendogs would make up the launch lineup myself. They looked the most finished out of all the games shown (I would bloody hope that Steel Diver is nearly finished after being in development for so long!)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
sphinx said:
buying later is always better than early, we all know it.

Unless you love buying niche games released early on in the system with very small print runs.

Try buying a brand new copy of Phoenix Wright for $30 nowadays.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Nuclear Muffin said:
Nope, Miyamoto said that it's a retail release.

My guess would be that Steel Diver, Kid Icarus and Nintendogs would make up the launch lineup myself. They looked the most finished out of all the games shown (I would bloody hope that Steel Diver is nearly finished after being in development for so long!)

Doesn't worry me, I'll be buying them all :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Lonely1 said:
Pal versions?

No, I'll be going to Japan to get one.

Maybe my tag will have to change.

Will buy an Aussie one too

Thoraxes

Man i'm excited. First I buy the new iPod touch, and maybe the 3DS this year (US got Wii/DS before Japan by a few weeks, I don't see why we won't get it near the same time again).

This is turning out to be quite the gadget year for me, as I picked up a used PSP too to go through its log of games too. Color me excited for fun this year and the coming year. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I'm hoping the OOT remake, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox remake will be available at launch. Those first-party games alone excite me as well as all the other games I want to get for it.

hylje

Gravijah said:
Because Nintendogs was divine and cats are superior to dogs.

Never really got attached to Nintendogs but I wish someone would make a similar game but with a twist.
Raise a your personal monster and have a it go killing spree amongst the innocent peons. ROOAAARGH!

trinest

VOOK said:
No, I'll be going to Japan to get one.

Maybe my tag will have to change.

Will buy an Aussie one too
:lol

Anyway while we are guessing launch titles I'm saying from Nintendo:

Casual:
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs + Cats

Hardcore:
Starfox
Zelda

sphinx

the piano man
Hcoregamer00 said:
Unless you love buying niche games released early on in the system with very small print runs.

Try buying a brand new copy of Phoenix Wright for $30 nowadays.

Funny you mentioned Phoenix Wright, I found Apollo Justice for 10 Euros in Germany some months ago.

I get your point but I would have used any atlus game to make it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
sphinx said:
Funny you mentioned Phoenix Wright, I found Apollo Justice for 10 Euros in Germany some months ago.

I get your point but I would have used any atlus game to make it.

I am not talking about Apollo justice, I am talking about the 3 games in the original trilogy.

Try buying a new copy for a reasonable price in the states and you will be laughed outside of the room.

Gravijah said:
Random Wal Marts have part 2 and 3. I bought one for 15 dollars and another for 20.

Your Walmart =/= Totality of the gaming market in the USA.

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
I wanna play Phoenix Wright... I have the original 3 games but stopped playing at case 4 or 5 in the first one. And I dunno where the fuck it is. Ugh!
I should stone you to death.

Foffy

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Words cannot express how excited the prospect of a 2010 US release makes me. My extremities are literally tingling with anticipation. As a personal aside, this is going to be the only system other than the OG GBA that I got on day one.

I've honestly never gotten a system at launch, but the 3DS is something I want to get within the first week of release.

I hope 3DS games aren't too much in terms of prices. I know the specs are improved, but I don't want to be paying console game levels of prices for a handheld title, no matter how fancy it is. $40 seems fair.

November 20th is probably about the best date to release the 3DS this year. Though I suppose that has been mentioned before. :lol

Gravijah

VOOK said:
Promise, it's real news.
334jbcz.gif

seady

November 20 sounds familiar. What other systems launched on that date?

Edit: Nintendo DS Phat was launched on November 21, 2004 (Sunday). November 21, 2010 will also be a Sunday.

Top Bottom