• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

Ricker

I hate when I use some of the points I get from just walking around with the DS for example, to get some puzzle pieces and it gets one I already have,jesus.... ***end Rant*** :p

Kerub

Banned
I never get streetpasses! ;_;

I've walked around my uni with the 3ds, always bring it when I go to friends etc. Iwata is my only streetpass, haha.

Roto13

Basically everyone I've StreetPassed with since the new puzzles came out had pink pieces. They're "rarer" in that they're impossible to get without streetpassing, but everyone who streetpasses with someone who has a pink piece that don't have is naturally going to take it over a non-pink piece, so they spread quickly. I've SteetPassed with people who have had puzzles with one blue piece and all of the pink pieces. :p I actually have more pink pieces than regular pieces in the new puzzles.

Nooo I didnt know that sending Iwata to the Mii maker would take him away from the plaza! I done fucked up! Is there no way to reverse it? Damnit...

I just made the same mistake a few minutes ago, but with Reggie's Mii.

Very annoyed, but I am comforted by the fact that I'm going to a very large convention next week where I expect to grab hundreds of streetpasses.

Javier

Need 100 in one day to get that achievement thing. Went to the Midwest gaming classic on Saturday and got 98. So close!
I'm still pissed I got 100 hits in one day before the big update (the one that added achievements) and it wasn't retroactively added to my records. This was the day Charles Martinet came to Santiago, Chile and I got 113 tags that day, and while I can prove it by showing all the Miis I got at that time frame, I'll probably never have another chance to make this achievement.

Tunic

I received the Reggie Mii shortly after midnight last night here on the West Coast. I am so disappointed in myself however on another note. I attended the Zelda Symphony last night in Seattle and of course brought my 3DS along to pick up Streetpasses, it was my first time using the feature and of course didn't know quite how it worked. With that being said I was not aware you must process every 10 Streetpasses you receive and I only picked up 20 due to my mistake. There were definitely more for me to achieve just by looking at the amount of people with a 3DS out and about. What a bummer!

I got the Reggie. He was level 5. Slayed some beasts for me. Thx reggie.

Reggie missed 2 out of his 3 attacks here. Dude needs better aim.

Interestingly, one of the guys I streetpassed over the weekend but didn't play with until today already had a complete Kid Icarus puzzle. Hopefully that means I should be able to finish it at PAX East.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seeing as Iwata claims to have been recently playing Mario Kart it is disappointing you don't get his ghost data.

I see Reggie has already come up.

God help us all!

vUxYe.jpg

jWUv9.jpg

I noticed that the green light was on my 3DS when i got to work this morning but I didn't think much about it until I saw the thread. I just checked and while I got tags for a KI gem and RE:R I have no new Mii visits in my plaza.

WTF?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
LOL, Reggie was my 100th streetpass'd Mii. And then he ran away at the rambling mummy in Find Mii 2. Useless!

starfx6464

Neo Member
Got Reggie this morning when I awoke. Pleasantly suprised. I have all the pink pieces for the puzzles so I randomly had him give me a blue tile. Then he kicked some Level 5 behind.

Semi cross post from Zelda Symphony Thread:
I had my 3DS with me last night at the Zelda symphony performance in Seattle. I mined the crap out of Street Pass. Apparently I tagged just over 100 Miis (the achievement appeared just after the last "crop" of people). I did forget to change my Mii to something more event appropriate or even mention Gaf and for that, I am ashamed. It was the first time I really felt I was taking advantage of the feature and it was fun... even though to get that many I had to skip the chance to look for another game to play.

I just wish you could store more than 10 people at a time. I'm sure I could have gotten a lot more...

clemenx

Banned
Reggie should use gold pants in his next presentation.

Also, I totally wanted Iwata :( NOA sucks so much this gen. No offense to Reggie.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Reggie should use gold pants in his next presentation.

Also, I totally wanted Iwata :( NOA sucks so much this gen. No offense to Reggie.

NOE is now NOJr. Also the European representative are hardly known amongst the casual Nintendo fans. It it your fault for making Reggie such a big name.

Maybe they'll send out Iwata for something else, like E3. I still really enjoyed getting Reggie's Mii. Maybe if you get Reggie and Iwata's Miis together in Find Mii II they'll have a special combo attack.

I live in a smaller city (~80,000) so I've still got quite a ways to go on the puzzle pieces. Four pink pieces away from completing the Mario 3D Land puzzle, but everything else is kind of a crapshoot.

Tunic

Semi cross post from Zelda Symphony Thread:
I had my 3DS with me last night at the Zelda symphony performance in Seattle. I mined the crap out of Street Pass. Apparently I tagged just over 100 Miis (the achievement appeared just after the last "crop" of people). I did forget to change my Mii to something more event appropriate or even mention Gaf and for that, I am ashamed. It was the first time I really felt I was taking advantage of the feature and it was fun... even though to get that many I had to skip the chance to look for another game to play.

I just wish you could store more than 10 people at a time. I'm sure I could have gotten a lot more...

I actually picked up your Mii at the Zelda Symphony I believe. I forgot to put a reference in there for Gaf as well. I second your wish on storing more than 10 at a time. I missed out on so many Miis because of my confusion of how the Streetpass system worked. At least I finally have some Miis on my 3DS though.

So I got Iwata the other day, but fucked up on Quest - was in the dark room before the top of the tower, without knowing, and he just 'went home'. Fuck.

I actually picked up your Mii at the Zelda Symphony I believe. I forgot to put a reference in there for Gaf as well. I second your wish on storing more than 10 at a time. I missed out on so many Miis because of my confusion of how the Streetpass system worked. At least I finally have some Miis on my 3DS though.

Actually, it doesn't stop storing tags at 10, it just doesn't let you do anything with more than 10 at a time -- this is purely so you can't wade into battle with 100 miis straight away. You have to check them in 10 at a time, use them for puzzles and quests, then welcome the next 10...

it's possible to get 50 tags and have them appear in batches of 10, when you've long since passed the people you streetpassed with... that is exactly what I experienced at the Zelda Symphony and Eurogamer last year.

one problem though is SpotPass (internet connectivity)... if a user has their 3DS set up to use a local WiFi hotspot (at home or in a McDonalds or something) - then the WiFi chipset is in use and will not streetpass unless completely idling (in which case it does sometimes switch over and check)... so basically, if you want the best opportunity to streetpass, don't use the internet when you're out and about. This is why Game shops might not actually be the safest bet anymore - as the new firmware is geared to auto-connect to Nintendo Zone hotspots.

Actually, it doesn't stop storing tags at 10, it just doesn't let you do anything with more than 10 at a time -- this is purely so you can't wade into battle with 100 miis straight away. You have to check them in 10 at a time, use them for puzzles and quests, then welcome the next 10...

it's possible to get 50 tags and have them appear in batches of 10, when you've long since passed the people you streetpassed with... that is exactly what I experienced at the Zelda Symphony and Eurogamer last year.

This has definitely not been my experience. If I accumulate 10 StreetPasses in Mii Plaza it doesn't take in any more until I at least go to the plaza gate - and it'll start collecting passes again while I'm still greeting those 10. If I wait until I go home to check the plaza gate, there will never be anyone beyond those 10.

Susurrus

This has definitely not been my experience. If I accumulate 10 StreetPasses in Mii Plaza it doesn't take in any more until I at least go to the plaza gate - and it'll start collecting passes again while I'm still greeting those 10. If I wait until I go home to check the plaza gate, there will never be anyone beyond those 10.

This. Dude you quoted is crazy.

Otherwise I'd end up with a hell of a lot more than 10 when riding the trains playing Zelda.

Boerseun

Banned
From the StreetPass Hamburg Facebook group:

StreetPass Hamburg

Nächstes Treffen — 31 März @ 15:00..

Erstes Sonntag-Treffen — 1 April @ 15:00.

Wie immer geht es ab vor dem Saturn in der Mönckebergstraße und dann spontan woanders hin. An den Jungfernstieg? Europapassage? Wandelhalle? Ein Café? Es liegt es an euch.

Recht pünkliches Erscheinen ist wie immer von Vorteil ;)

I may have job training on the weekend. If not, I shall definitely make an effort to join in with the above.

olimpia84

So last night I went to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Tampa hoping to get a few Streetpasses but NADA. Geez, seriously wtf...there were probably 30,000 people there and nobody was weird enough like me to bring their 3DS over? =/

Top Bottom