• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

Ok so why did I pick up a 3DS in the Ontario region when I am in the Montreal area...? the guy is visiting here I guess?

Hit it right on the nose.

They could also live near you but specified that they live in Montreal instead. There's no restriction on what area you can set.

Greymanic

Neo Member
I'm sorry, but I can't find it. I'm in the plaza, press A on my mii, now the blue ID thingy pops up at the top screen with view, settins and back. When I choose view (and I looked at both pages), I couldn't find this white globe. Where is it excactly?

What country are you from? Several countries sadly don't have the globe available to them (mine, Ireland being one of them).

Lausebub

Banned
I'm from Austria. We don't have Club Nintendo, so yeah, we probably don't have that globe as well. The weird part is that it shows you the area someone comes from on a map, regardlessly.

Greymanic

Neo Member
I'm from Austria. We don't have Club Nintendo, so yeah, we probably don't have that globe as well. The weird part is that it shows you the area someone comes from on a map, regardlessly.

I haven't actually got a person from a new country since before the update so I sadly can't tell you if its the same for me. I'm pretty sure you're in the same boat as me though as I don't recall any requirements for the globe to appear.

Lausebub

Banned
Oh wow, that is really impressive. I've got a Mii from Belgium, Wallonia, once and a few German onces. but that's it. I expect to meet more tourists this year, though. The popularity of the system is increasing and there are some tourists here...Well, a few million tourists. :p

EDIT: OT, but just looked it up: 11,4 million tourists every year. Why don't I meet these people! :O

I guess I should walk around the Mall in DC or something more often. Maybe visit that Video Games exhibit in the Smithsonian. Yeah, that sounds good.

Chopper

I got one Streetpass in Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, but it was just a Mario Land mystery box. No Plaza. How does that even happen? :(

beje

Banned
I got one Streetpass in Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, but it was just a Mario Land mystery box. No Plaza. How does that even happen? :(

Either StreetPass not activated in Plaza for that person or you were too little time in range so it only had time to share part of the data.

Hero

Does what game you have in your 3DS when its closed for StreetPass effect different things or is it irrelevant?

Robin64

Recently went to Pokémon VGC in Birmingham, UK and got a silly number of StreetPasses.

I think I was able to fill in every single pink piece in the puzzles at least. I just kept unlocking new ones I didn't even know existed, so now I have loads of coins to spend again. Just miffed you only get 10 per day as right now I am doing a lot of walking.

NeoRausch

Recently went to Pokémon VGC in Birmingham, UK and got a silly number of StreetPasses.

I think I was able to fill in every single pink piece in the puzzles at least. I just kept unlocking new ones I didn't even know existed, so now I have loads of coins to spend again. Just miffed you only get 10 per day as right now I am doing a lot of walking.

aww man, GamesCom can't come soon enough! had about 250 streetpasses there last year and i think this year will even be crazier. lol

Does what game you have in your 3DS when its closed for StreetPass effect different things or is it irrelevant?

Only thing you gotta be worried about is, if you're not running a 3DS game StreetPass might be disabled entirely. It certainly gets disabled if you're running an original DS game.

Javier

If you guys decide to have 3DS meetings and play local multiplayer while you wait for people to show up, be careful. I can testify that while playing Mario Kart 7 local multiplayer StreetPass is disabled. Dunno if this happens with every game, but it's definitely the case with MK7.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If you guys decide to have 3DS meetings and play local multiplayer while you wait for people to show up, be careful. I can testify that while playing Mario Kart 7 local multiplayer StreetPass is disabled. Dunno if this happens with every game, but it's definitely the case with MK7.
Streetpass is "disabled" while you are using any other form of wireless. Online or local play prevents Streetpass as SP uses the wireless "in the background" during normal play.

Unless I'm wrong, of course.

Passed someone at a mall yesterday. he had every puzzle piece except the KI pink pieces. toon a pw pink piece. My streetpass message is gaf:MatthewB92. incase i pass a gaffer. hasnt happened yet.

I've gotten 252 Street Passes so far. Bought the system 5 and a half months ago.

The second playthrough of Find Mii 2 is really unfair sometimes...First I had to destroy a B/W shield, and the green slimes basically dodge every single attack, I wonder if sleep or freeze helps there...

Double yellow magic apparently helps here. Apparently sandstorms dry up slimes and insta-kill them. Haven't managed to get a chance to try it myself yet though.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Substitute teacher update:

1st elementary school: 1 day, 1 street pass.
Middle school: 8 days, no street passes.
2nd elementary school: 4 days, 7 street passes.
3rd elementary school: 2 day, no street passes.
4th elementary school: 1 day, no street passes

With that fourth elementary school I talked to two second graders who had 3DSs, but didn't have them at school. I understand parents being hesitant to let their kids brings such an expensive device to school, but getting streetpasses is a unique aspect of the system.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Picked up another State this time. These are the regions I have, all from just walking around Toronto:

Alberta, Ontario, Quebec (Canada)
New York, Florida, Alaska, Arizona (U.S.A)
England (U.K.)
Kanagawa (Japan)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Got every single pink piece at the Zelda Symphony in Vancouver on Wednesday. Had to keep clearing my Streetpass cache to get new hits. It was nuts.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Got every single pink piece at the Zelda Symphony in Vancouver on Wednesday. Had to keep clearing my Streetpass cache to get new hits. It was nuts.

Can't wait for that in Toronto this September (I think), and the Wii U launch will surely be crazy.

Got my 50th streetpass today. For living in a city which is 700.000 strong and being on business trips regularly not really much. At this rate I'll never finish the puzzles. The guy I passed today had even less pieces than me :). Who thought the pink pieces were a good idea again?

Boerseun

Banned
I've been walking around Hamburg (Germany) the last two weeks. I've only received four hits during this period. Is there a popular videogame-related hangout somewhere in or around the city I could go to get more hits? Or even just a specific store? I did get two hits the one time I visited Saturn (on Monckebergstraße) but even then I was expecting more activity and came away slightly dissappointed.

I know about the StreetPass Hamburg group on Facebook. But they don't have any upcoming events listed, and I missed last weekend's big Nintendo event at the Europa Passage.

Any recommendations, GermanGAF?

Kid Icarus Uprising National Gamestop tournament in NYC was pretty awesome. Managed to get the 100 Streetpasses in one day accomplishment, which rocks. Also up to 92 Fantastics, so I'm almost done with that too.

Today's Nintendo World Launch should be pretty rockin' as well.

IrishNinja

maaaaan...fuck NYGAF.

how do you clear it? i was gonna look this up too - i wanna get as many as i can at the zelda concert, was hoping id have time to go through puzzle pieces, maybe reset the clock and meet some of them again?

also, i started carrying my 3DS in a case in my pocket, i swear im getting fewer streetpasses now.

Tyeforce

I meant to post this a few days ago but I forgot about it until now...
9g0V4.jpg
Exactly 3,000 StreetPass Tags and 1,000 Plaza Population, lol. I'm currently at 3,035 tags now, though.

And just yesterday I StreetPassed this Mii:
Somebody is using Nikki as their StreetPass Mii, lol. Their Most Recent Software is perfect too! XD

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
maaaaan...fuck NYGAF.

how do you clear it? i was gonna look this up too - i wanna get as many as i can at the zelda concert, was hoping id have time to go through puzzle pieces, maybe reset the clock and meet some of them again?

also, i started carrying my 3DS in a case in my pocket, i swear im getting fewer streetpasses now.

You just keep checking people into the gate, and grabbing their puzzle pieces. It'll keep saying you have new visitors to the plaza gate though. Really wish it would hold more than 10 at a time.

Streetpassed some dude from Estland(!) at the local mall here yesterday.
His Mii looks funny. he must be way over 50years old

sadly no map is available for estland

jercruz

I'm from Sydney, and my usual routes are 'dry spots'. I RARELY get hits.

I once got TONS of SP with Pinkies at Costcos (of all places), and Westfield Parramatta seems a good place to get hits on a weekend lunchtime (stay in the middle of foodcourt lol). Last week there was a card tournament at Gametraders, Westfield parramatta. I got some hits there as well.

Any more places I can go that has regular SP hits? Is there like a group that regularly have SPs here in Sydney?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Passed someone at a mall yesterday. he had every puzzle piece except the KI pink pieces. toon a pw pink piece. My streetpass message is gaf:MatthewB92. incase i pass a gaffer. hasnt happened yet.

I passed someone who used their Twitter account as a message. Maybe I should have tweeted him... "@whateverhisnamewas Learn to customise your kart in MK7. It is annoying to not unlock anything from winning."

Seriously, I think I've unlocked one part from streetpass races. I'm giving away rare items here folks, give some love back in return.

Got my 50th streetpass today. For living in a city which is 700.000 strong and being on business trips regularly not really much. At this rate I'll never finish the puzzles. The guy I passed today had even less pieces than me :). Who thought the pink pieces were a good idea again?

You are lucky compared to me as I have only gotten 10 unique street passes. I pass by the capital a lot and for some reason there is rarely anyone with a 3DS. Campus gives better hits but at most I get the same person most of the time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
storafötter;36281267 said:
You are lucky compared to me as I have only gotten 10 unique street passes. I pass by the capital a lot and for some reason there is rarely anyone with a 3DS. Campus gives better hits but at most I get the same person most of the time.
I wish I got repeat passes. Second quest is much harder when you only have level 1 minions to re-recruit.

Susurrus

Got 20 passes by hitting up Tokyo International Anime Fair. Probably could have gotten a lot more, but didn't check often enough. Oh well.

OMG Aero

I wish I got repeat passes. Second quest is much harder when you only have level 1 minions to re-recruit.
How to win at Streetpass Quest: Find a store that has a 3DS demo unit with wireless turned on and keep going there

Asda is pretty much the sole reason I managed to beat the first quest.

Sinthetic

Holy shit, I just got Iwata Spotpassed to me, in my Mii Plaza (complete with gold pants). He gave me a Mario Kart puzzle piece and his speech bubble was gold. It was for the 1 year Anniversary of 3DS.

My mind is blown.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Holy shit, I just got Iwata Spotpassed to me, in my Mii Plaza (complete with gold pants). He gave me a Mario Kart puzzle piece and his speech bubble was gold. It was for the 1 year Anniversary of 3DS.

My mind is blown.

Awesome, isn't it?!

He has all the puzzle pieces too, but for some reason, he's only level 5....

Top Bottom