• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL on sale for $160 at Best Buy (Dec 9th - 15th)

Shabutaro

Just bought one from Toys r us to take advantage of the style savvy deal..... Would it be terrible to lie to my best buy and tell them i bought it there so i can exchange it next week?

edit: On second thought I guess i could just return it to toysrus and just price match it

Abandond

I have this feeling that they'll announce new colors at the Nintendo Direct tomorrow and I'll have to wait even longer, but that's only if it's all the black or some kind of cool limited edition. Not a fan of all white from what I saw since it's matte instead of glossy white (prefer black the other way around).

Shabutaro

I haven't really played it like that before, but I use the stand, my leg, an object, etc. when i'm sitting down and playing and it feels fine.

Thant makes sense. I normally hold the console with one hand and it hasn't been a problem, but the XL looks like it might be more of a challenge. I assume that the XL is too big for the stand though?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This is what's in the ad:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333691

3DS
Nintendo 3DS>>>>>$129.99

(Note: Ad DOES NOT list Red 3DS w/Super Mario 3D Land as being on sale YMMV)

Nintendo 3DS XL>>>>>$159.99 *New Pink/White 3DS XL Lauches 12/9 as well*

(Note: Ad DOES NOT list Blue 3DS XL w/Mario Kart 7 as being on sale YMMV)

SAVE $20 When you Buy ANY 2 of THESE 3DS Titles ($39.99 each)

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Style Savvy Trendsetters
Mario Kart 7
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Korosenai

Thant makes sense. I normally hold the console with one hand and it hasn't been a problem, but the XL looks like it might be more of a challenge. I assume that the XL is too big for the stand though?

I just played a really quick match, and it actually feels fine holding it with one hand (it does for me, may not for everybody).

I feel that the bigger size of the XL makes it easier to hold (the rounded corners are also easy on the palms), though this isn't the way I prefer to hold it, I wouldn't mind using it this way.

Shabutaro

I just played a really quick match, and it actually feels fine holding it with one hand (it does for me, may not for everybody).

I feel that the bigger size of the XL makes it easier to hold (the rounded corners are also easy on the palms), though this isn't the way I prefer to hold it, I wouldn't mind using it this way.

Good to hear! I never really thought about resting it on anything, so Ill have to try that out too, see if its more comfortable to hold.

raven777

SAVE $20 When you Buy ANY 2 of THESE 3DS Titles ($39.99 each)

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Style Savvy Trendsetters
Mario Kart 7
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Edit: nvm I for some reason missed 2 on there.

Nothing I really want from those list.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The Best Buy ad makes me think the Pink 3DS XL is going to be announced at Nintendo Direct.
And since they're going to sell the OG 3DS for 129.99 $ while the rumour talked about 139.99$ as its brand new price, it seems like a third evidence for that price cut rumour...

lantus

That's a good price for the handheld itself, and I would totally jump on it if there was more interesting Nintendo games available for it. Aside from 3D Land, the rehashed Mario games don't quite do it for me anymore.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
This is very interesting, but with rumors of Resident Evil Revelations being ported to PS360 I don't really have much of a reason to get a 3DS. Will probably wait this one out.

ghibli99

That's a good price for the handheld itself, and I would totally jump on it if there was more interesting Nintendo games available for it. Aside from 3D Land, the rehashed Mario games don't quite do it for me anymore.
Pretty happy with mine... 3D Land, Theatrhythm, VLR, Pushmo/Crashmo, Adventure Time, and several others. Not a flood by any standard, but I'm getting some good use out of it.

That's a great price, BTW.

Finally a decent color, how's the bigger screen for XL look?
Big difference, IMO. Not crazy-pixelly either like the DSi XL due to increased resolution. More than the screens though, the feel of the XL compared to the original is night and day. It makes the original feel like a crap prototype by comparison.

I don't think the 3D works as well, but I rarely play anything in 3D anyway, so it's not a make-or-break thing for me.

Shit, I just purchased a 3DS for christmas. $169.99 @ Best Buy. (Flame Red /w Mario 3D pre-installed)

My girlfriend is obsessed with Scribblenauts Remix on my iPhone (she's got a droid) and I already have Scrib, Super Scrib, and Scrib Unlimited lined up for her.

My justification for going O.G. 3DS was the super amazing Scribblenauts Unlimited bundle that had a sweet Maxwell rubber case for it, and also the lower price.

159814_detail.jpg

Now I am thinking ... return the limited edition scribblenauts, get the regular edition, return 3DS flame red with the XL?

Is the XL better/worse at playing DS games?

bumpkin

Shit, I just purchased a 3DS for christmas. $169.99 @ Best Buy. (Flame Red /w Mario 3D pre-installed)
Best Buy has their price guarantee for 30 days after purchase I believe. If you still have the receipt, maybe you can get the $10 back?

It's good to hear that the pink & white XL will be available in stores. Maybe I'll pick one up for the wife for Christmas. Then she can stop using mine. :)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There's a Gamestop AD promoting Pink 3DS XL. Yes, it's coming soon not just at Best Buy.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Actually people saying the ad says save $40 on any 3DS. So...yeah. Get that shit if you want a 3DS

guys (gals), the blue is actually really sharp. I thought it would be hideous and toy-like, its actually quite fierce. Fantastic shade of blue. Its a metallic matte - when I first unboxed mine in August, I was more than pleased with the color. I actually said "holy fuck, thats sharp"...poor Gamestop customers within earshot.

The red is more flat, muted - dull. Have both at the house, the blue doesnt scream kids toy - to me.

Top Bottom