• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL on sale for $160 at Best Buy (Dec 9th - 15th)

Afrocious

Damn. I just bought the pink/white 3DS XL from GS yesterday at 200...

Think I could return it to GS despite it being opened and barely used? Hell, had no idea BB would be selling it for 40 bucks cheaper.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
No, but i cant support a system that will not provide my most wanted game

It is a matter of principle, they will have to provide their top games worldwide or no game from me

Sure i want to play Zelda OOT, Layton and some older DS titles, but my desire to play those is in 6/10, while BD is in 10/10 and would clearly be the major reason i buy the system

Otherwise i can get something else

BTW, is there some other amazing RPG i could buy for it ? I mostly buy systems for RPGs
But no other system has Bravely Default either. How can you buy anything else? How can you play any system?
Oh no!

Sleepy

Damn. I just bought the pink/white 3DS XL from GS yesterday at 200...

Think I could return it to GS despite it being opened and barely used? Hell, had no idea BB would be selling it for 40 bucks cheaper.

They can sell you open games, but you can't take anything open back.

nasos_333

But no other system has Bravely Default either. How can you buy anything else? How can you play any system?
Oh no!

Frankly i dont see why it is so strange i want to buy a 3DS mainly for BD, since

1. the game reminds of old FFs, like FF9, which is huge for gamer like me that grew up with FF

2. has amazing art

3. i mainly play RPGs

Toki767

Frankly i dont see why it is so strange i want to buy a 3DS mainly for BD, since

1. the game reminds of old FFs, like FF9, which is huge for gamer like me that grew up with FF

2. has amazing art

3. i mainly play RPGs

It would be strange to me because the game hasn't been announced for localization. By the time it does come out, there'll probably be cheaper opportunities to get a 3DS.

Neifirst

It would be strange to me because the game hasn't been announced for localization. By the time it does come out, there'll probably be cheaper opportunities to get a 3DS.

It hasn't been announced, but Square Enix did just trademark "All the Bravest." Seems logical that it's Bravely Default. I bet we'll see it around June.

SlickVic

Wow, the MK7 bundle is also $160? That's real tempting. I also don't really mind the blue and black colors on it. I'd prefer an all black or all white system (or even the silver and black one they have in Europe), but I don't think I care enough about the color to hold off on this deal.

NeoUltima

I recommend buying some stick-on bumpers.

100_0868.jpg

Where does one get these?

Frak, waiting I'm on Black, Silver or White XLs. Damn you Reggie!

And I hope at least one those colors will release around Etrian Odyssey 4, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter.

Arla

Wow. Ok, I need to get rid of my 3DS ASAP.

Anyone interested in buying a used Flame Red 3DS for cheap PM me with an offer!

And I hope at least one those colors will release around Etrian Odyssey 4, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter.
You could price match at Targét; you will then have ninety days to return or exchange it if such a thing happens.

And if it doesn't, you got a cheap XL in time for the games you wanted.

Blizzard

Banned
I recommend buying some stick-on bumpers.

100_0868.jpg
I thought I saw someone saying that the 3DS XL did not have the screen scratch problem, but I guess I need to do this as well. Where did you get the bumpers?

Any screen protector recommendations for the XL?
I'd also like to know this, please. I'm planning on ordering a case from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035LBLVI/?tag=neogaf0e-20), but if I can get some bumpers and screen protectors in the same order that would be awesome.

zychi

Banned
so besides the mario games and OOT, what are some must have 3ds games. i'm picking up pokemon black 2 via amazon, and don't know what 3ds(not ds) game i should try out.

i already have virtue's last reward on vita.

Blizzard

Banned
so besides the mario games and OOT, what are some must have 3ds games. i'm picking up pokemon black 2 via amazon, and don't know what 3ds(not ds) game i should try out.

The only three games I'm planning on playing are Pushmo/Pullblox, Crasmo/Fallblox, and Link's Awakening DX...all of which are eShop games. :p And probably Smash Brothers and Fire Emblem if they eventually come out.

Maybe also one or two Mario games, and maybe the Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars if I can find it (looks like Advance Wars gameplay).

There's a thread with a bunch of 3DS games you might like looking through, however: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457188

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Pushmo - downloadable from the eShop.
(And if you enjoy that, you can download its sequel, Crashmo, too.)

Kid Icarus: Uprising. No question (don't worry about the spoiler warning--I mean, this trailer is a spoiler, but there's so many other surprises and such in the game, that it doesn't really matter):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2rSFTFbLpE

Amazing game.

zychi

Banned
is there a list of 3ds games on the eshop with sizes and price? i know mario kart, nsmb2, and i assume super mario land is there. but 4gb isnt going to be enough to go digital only is it

is mk7 going to be tied to the system? if i buy another sd card, will i lose the game?

Sleepy

Can someone walk me through the SD card transfer-- if I transfer the system, then transfer the info on the 2gb card to the 4gb card (whatever that information is) I can then use the 4gb card in the XL? This shit is confusing as fuck.

I'm stupidly tempted to buy this for my dad for Christmas. Especially since he loves Mario Kart and we'd be able to play online. (Right? MK7 has online play?) So the big screens and the free game... man, very tempted.

And Paper Mario + NSMB2 = $20 off? Yeah, that's gonna happen.

NeoUltima

This sucks. I have this thing sitting in front of me but I can't use it cause I want to wait to get a screen protector. And my my ass is too cheap to buy an overpriced one in a B&M store so I have to wait for one to be shipped.

Fox Mulder

ugh...

I'm really considering buying this even though the colors suck ass and I bought a wiiu at launch. At least this has more than one game I want to play.

Blizzard

Banned
This sucks. I have this thing sitting in front of me but I can't use it cause I want to wait to get a screen protector. And my my ass is too cheap to buy an overpriced one in a B&M store so I have to wait for one to be shipped.
I'm still hoping someone here has recommendations for bumpers and screen protectors. =P

Abandond

Just picked up the Mario Kart version at Best Buy for $160, love it.

I went to Toys R Us and asked if they'd price match and also give a gift card and they said they wouldn't. Plus they wanted an actual physical advertisement, lol.

I actually enjoyed Mario Kart, I thought I wouldn't, it was pretty fun. Playing some Pokemon for the first time in a long while. Getting Kid Icarus this week which should be awesome.

Why do you need a screen protector?

ugh...

I'm really considering buying this even though the colors suck ass and I bought a wiiu at launch. At least this has more than one game I want to play.

I was worried about that as well, but the blue actually looks really sleek, it's a nice metallic dark blue, doesn't look bad at all.

Can someone walk me through the SD card transfer-- if I transfer the system, then transfer the info on the 2gb card to the 4gb card (whatever that information is) I can then use the 4gb card in the XL? This shit is confusing as fuck.
Do the system transfer first.

Verify everything is okay when finished (you'll be using your 2GB card on the XL at that moment).

Then simply format the 4GB and copy the contents of the 2GB over and that's it.

Top Bottom