• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL on sale for $160 at Best Buy (Dec 9th - 15th)

Double would be $80, though. Even still, you could sell a 3DS for around $100 on eBay or craigslist, more if you have Mario Kart as well.

im not interested in selling my 3DS for only 80 bucks towards an XL. The way I see it, I don't want to pay 200 bucks for a system I already own. but godammit if the XL was the closest i've ever come to doing so.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread, but I can confirm that the MK7 bundled 3DSXL is $159.99. Just picked mine up and am doing the transfer as we speak

DR2K

Banned
Double would be $80, though. Even still, you could sell a 3DS for around $100 on eBay or craigslist, more if you have Mario Kart as well.

Then add in seller fees, time, etc. . . and the fact that you most likely won't be selling it anytime soon. Whereas you're 100% guaranteed to sell it at Gamestop.

They only had one 3DS XL with Mario Kart and I nabbed it. Also found some killer deals at Kmart for some regular DS games. Got Golden Sun (14.99), Aliens (9.99), and Lufia 2 (9.99) brand new. Also got Adventure time and Paper Mario 3DS. Good times! :D

Arla

Just got mines today, damn sales tax was $14. Some dude was picking up at LEAST 6 of these in front me. My first time ever running into a hoarder in real life.

Anyways,

"Thank you for registering your system. Although your system has been registered, only the first 8 registered systems are eligible for a survey and Coins. "

Wtf Nintendo?

Also, I'm a god damn idiot for formatting my 3DS and removing the eShop account and games before I even had a buyer. I just assumed I wouldn't be able to afford one until I sold my 3DS. Then this deal came along. Blurgh.

LiK

got mine!

777FA491-8ED1-4DAC-A5C8-47C777712798-267-0000002056D76FD5.jpg

goldenpp72

Then add in seller fees, time, etc. . . and the fact that you most likely won't be selling it anytime soon. Whereas you're 100% guaranteed to sell it at Gamestop.

Eh, I just sold my normal 3ds for 155 shipped on ebay a few days ago, when removing the seller/paypal/shipping, I still made about 135 off it. Much better than gamestop, unless your device is mangled. It blows my mind to see people piss and moan about getting 5 bucks off a game but so willing to trash 40-60 bucks for a small inconvenience.

iirate

The regular 3DS is $129.99 and pricing is live both online and in stores. Most locations in my area seems to have stock available. I would jump on this now since Target seemed to run out of stock extremely fast when they went on sale there.

Best Buy in-store pickup is fucking horrible. Not only are their staff unfriendly and unhelpful, but they can never locate your order and always spend several minutes looking it. It's possible they will ignore you for some amount of time to answer the phone and deal with other customers in the mean time. Once they find your order, you better double check it to make sure they got everything right, and don't think you're ready to leave just yet. They have to verify your ID and your card, at the time they had to photocopy my license (I don't think they do this anymore) and you have to sign a bunch of junk paperwork. I think you sign the receipt and they make a copy of that too. Finally, you have to take your purchase to the door and get everything checked before leaving.

For a process that should take no more than 5 minutes, you may end up spending 30 minutes to an hour or more and put up with a bunch of unnecessary bullshit in the process. Totally not worth it.

I want to add that this is totally a YMMV situation. I walked in, gave them my name, paid like I normally would, and left. Didn't sign anything, didn't get checked at the door, they knew exactly where my bundle was. I also had them hold a copy of TERA several months back and I had to show my ID for that, but it wasn't nearly the hassle described, either.

fernoca

hey guys, if i do the system transfer, doesn't this mean i'll lose MK7 on the 3DS XL? wtf...
I've read that people just went to their downlaod history and redownloaded it after the transfer, since the game is deleted; but because is tied to the hardware it will show in your purchases/history.

Sleepy

Anyways,

"Thank you for registering your system. Although your system has been registered, only the first 8 registered systems are eligible for a survey and Coins. "

Wtf Nintendo?

I got this message too and emailed Nintendo. The response was that Club Nintendo was down and it should be fixed later. A non-answer if I have ever seen one. I'll try again later.

MK7 eShop redownload. Easy...

Okay, so I bought this last week with the Toys R Us 30 dollar gift card and free stylus promo, but the price was still $199.

Since people are getting the Mario Kart bundle here for $159.99, and Toys R Us does price match, what's my best play here? Since the actual price of the system is $159, the fact that I got the promotional items shouldn't interfere with my price match, right? The PRICE didn't change, I just got free additional stuff to compensate for the fact that I paid full price.

I'm not going to cry over 40 dollars, but if I can get it, there's no reason I shouldn't!

LiK

Apparently you can redownload it from the eShop after a transfer

I've read that people just went to their downlaod history and redownloaded it after the transfer, since the game is deleted; but because is tied to the hardware it will show in your purchases/history.

read about that too. guess i'll know since i'm transferring right now. wish Nintendo did a better job telling us about that.

After getting the standard XL and not the bundle, I went back to BB to get the proper hardware. They didn't have any left so I suggested to them that they just give me a copy of Mario Kart 7.. which they did. Score! System + boxed MK7 for $159.

Thought about trading it in somewhere since I'm not really much for MK, but I don't really have any games that I want besides VLR and am hoping that it pricedrops somewhere first. Probably won't happen, but hey.

Is there no way for me to transfer the saves from my currently owned physical carts to the SD card? I'm using the free Mario Kart 7 preinstalled game as a stepping stone to converting my 3DS game collection to be digital exclusively, but I don't see how I can keep my saves...

dmann

Scored me a blue 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle from Target. Also, got a $20 gift card which they wouldn't let me use towards the purchase; guess I'll use it later towards some games. I had a $25 gift card that I was planning to use as well.
so $169.79 (incl sales tax) - $25 g/c = TOTAL $144.79 !!!

I pulled up the BestBuy ad on my phone and that was enough for them to price match. YMMV.

I was about to make a post about how I screwed up horribly. About how I got the $175 3DS XL from Target on Black Friday, asked Best Buy if they had the MK7 bundle (they said yes), returned the Target 3DS, and went back to Best Buy only for them to realize they didn't actually have it. Nor did any Best Buy within a reasonable distance. And how I have two 3DS games with no system to play them on.

Scored me a blue 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle from Target. Also, got a $20 gift card which they wouldn't let me use towards the purchase; guess I'll use it later towards some games. I had a $25 gift card that I was planning to use as well.

I pulled up the BestBuy ad on my phone and that was enough for them to price match. YMMV.

But you, you are a lifesaver. I didn't know that Target was also offering the bundle, and that they match prices. There are plenty of Targets around me and hopefully I can redeem myself. Are there any other stores besides Target and Best Buy offering this bundle?

Sleepy

For those of you getting the coins error while registering the system, the 160 coin survey popped up for me today.

LiK

For those of you getting the coins error while registering the system, the 160 coin survey popped up for me today.

i can't even get it. seems Club N doesn't allow more than 8 consoles to receive the coins on one account. fuck that.

LiK

Yeah, that is some bullshit. Too loyal?

indeed, i had no clue there was a limit on how many consoles you can register. 8 is a bizzare number. i don't even have doubles of the same consoles either.

would've been nice if they asked if i still wanted to register it without coins or not.

slit

Hmmm, I think thats what I'm going to do.

Sleepy

indeed, i had no clue there was a limit on how many consoles you can register. 8 is a bizzare number. i don't even have doubles of the same consoles either.

would've been nice if they asked if i still wanted to register it without coins or not.

Did they at least extend the warranty?

Wish I would have know about Target's price match/20 gift card...

So I purchased online and did the in store pick up and by god it was a terrible experience. So I get there and wait in line for awhile, then got help from a very attractive woman, then they go back and get my order (which was wrong, all they had was MK7 and not the 3DS XL). So then she calls someone up to get the correct and I literally wait 20 minutes to have someone walk from the back of the store to bring me three items: a teal 3ds, a blue 3dsxl, and MK7 (again). I told him that I ordered the 3dsxl with MK7 package (which they didn't have) so I took the system and game separately and left as fast as I could. It was a good hour trip for something that would've taken less time going in and buying it. Oh well at least I got one.

edit: Oh and it was 171.59 after tax here in Cali

randomkid

So I purchased online and did the in store pick up and by god it was a terrible experience. So I get there and wait in line for awhile, then got help from a very attractive woman, then they go back and get my order (which was wrong, all they had was MK7 and not the 3DS XL). So then she calls someone up to get the correct and I literally wait 20 minutes to have someone walk from the back of the store to bring me three items: a teal 3ds, a blue 3dsxl, and MK7 (again). I told him that I ordered the 3dsxl with MK7 package (which they didn't have) so I took the system and game separately and left as fast as I could. It was a good hour trip for something that would've taken less time going in and buying it. Oh well at least I got one.

edit: Oh and it was 171.59 after tax here in Cali

Haha count your blessings, I wish I could get the system and the game separately! No interest at all in Mario Kart so the ability to sell/trade it would make this deal worth it to me.

Just picked up the Mario kart bundle. Can someone give me a small summary on the system transfer, along with putting my stuff on the 4gb sd card. Thanks!

Just picked up the Mario kart bundle. Can someone give me a small summary on the system transfer, along with putting my stuff on the 4gb sd card. Thanks!
Click System Transfer in Settings, follow the directions.

Once that's done, format the 4GB card on a PC and just copy and paste the contents of the 2GB to it.

Click System Transfer in Settings, follow the directions.

Once that's done, format the 4GB card on a PC and just copy and paste the contents of the 2GB to it.

Jumped the gun on the transfer and it asked some stuff about the sd card didn't pay attention. Is all the stuff on my host systems sd card gonna be deleted?

Also my right bumper is springy compared to the left. Little shit like this bothers me.

johnsmith

remember me
Just grabbed the XL bundle with Mario Kart for $159.99 and $30 in gift cards. You can get an extra $10 by using this coupon http://coupons.target.com/friends-and-fans-coupons . Oh yeah, and 5% off for using a Target Visa.
Going to use the gift cards to get Super Mario 3D Land by price matching the kmart ad. (Kmart also has Paper Mario, NSMB2, and Mario Tennis for 29.99)

Pomegranate

Neo Member
So a friend of mine just bought the Mario Kart 7 bundle. He wants to transfer his data from his old 3DS to the new XL. Will he lose the pre-installed Mario Kart 7 if he does so? Is there a way to keep it?

Edit: Guess I should've read before posting. Thanks to the guys above!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So a friend of mine just bought the Mario Kart 7 bundle. He wants to transfer his data from his old 3DS to the new XL. Will he lose the pre-installed Mario Kart 7 if he does so? Is there a way to keep it?
He won't loose MK 7, the game will still be on the XL after the transfer.

Zebra

Just chiming in to say that I got the pink 3DS XL. Since it's been finals week I haven't really had time to touch it, but it certainly looks pretty sitting on my desk. :)

Blizzard

Banned
I finally picked up mine today, the blue bundle one.

As others have probably mentioned, the color is actually rather dark, a metallic blue with maybe a hint of turqoise. I haven't found a good example color in a picture online to compare it to. It looks pretty nice. Plus, if you have it open, you basically don't see blue at all, since the edges are black.

The thumb slider, LR buttons, volume slider, and 3D slider feel flimsy. The D-pad, ABXY buttons, and start/select/home buttons feel sturdy.

I finally picked up mine today, the blue bundle one.

As others have probably mentioned, the color is actually rather dark, a metallic blue with maybe a hint of turqoise. I haven't found a good example color in a picture online to compare it to. It looks pretty nice. Plus, if you have it open, you basically don't see blue at all, since the edges are black.

It really is a lot, LOT nicer looking in person then you'd think after seeing pictures.

I don't regret picking it up at all.

Blizzard

Banned
Other thoughts so far:

The system is heavy. Like, surprisingly heavy. The stylus seems like the same size as the DS stylus, which feels very small in large hands with the 3DS XL.

The initial internet setup didn't tell me the MAC address, so I had to go all the way to the main menu to find that.

The 3D screen felt like it was starting to bother my eyes almost immediately. Glasses on, glasses off, doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. The top screen is pretty dim, too. I haven't yet found the option to try to make it brighter.

The top screen has a quite annoying banding effect if it is moved at all to one side or the other, even if 3D is turned totally off.

*edit* I was an idiot about the wireless -- I had added a DHCP IP for it but not added it to the access list. Once I added that, and power cycled the router, it worked...for normal mode. Original DS mode internet is currently giving me error 52000 about being unable to obtain an IP address.

So, just bought the 3DS XL and I'm loving it. SO glad I waited. I got the Blur with Mario Kart 7. Is there a way to register MK7 for more Club Nintendo points or am I out of luck?

Blizzard

Banned
Wireless is thus far super frustrating, potentially even worse than the Wii for me with a fairly generic Netgear wireless router. I was able to connect with the main mode, but Nintendo DS mode is still giving me alternating green and red icons 2-4 feet away from the router. Sometimes I Get 52000, sometimes I Get 52200, and once I was able to get it connected where I could ping it. I've tried maybe 5 different wireless channels so far too, still using b-g mode, no encryption at all. Are there any tricks like MTU size or something that I need to change?

*edit* I finally got it working by using a static IP address for both modes, and 1500 MTU all around.

Blizzard

Banned
I added $50 to the wallet and ended up getting 8 games. I also put art academy on my wishlist. I got:

Pushmo
Crasmo
Link's Awakening DX
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Prince of Persia
Kirby's Dream Land
Petit Computer (already had it for the DSi, but wanted it for this as well)

nasos_333

Got one, last piece in the closest store

What an amazing system, Zelda OOT 3D is a joy to replay and has new stuff too

This game alone justifies the system purshase

If only Bravely Default was announced for US too, that would be such huge news

160$ is a steal, i played RE demo as well and the game is amazing too, will probably buy it after Clash of Heroes and Chrono Trigger i plan to buy soon

I need some RPGs though, maybe i try some other DS ones

BTW, is there a way i can access and play old DS game demos ?

Top Bottom