• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL on sale for $160 at Best Buy (Dec 9th - 15th)

Haha count your blessings, I wish I could get the system and the game separately! No interest at all in Mario Kart so the ability to sell/trade it would make this deal worth it to me.

I usually love MK games but I think I'll trade this one in for something else as well. Its just not grabbing me anymore.

Target price-matched me (though they had to look up the BB price themselves, wouldn't just take my phone), still scored the gift card and went back to BB to get $20 off 2 games deal.

Not a bad haul at all!

Oceanwind

Neo Member
I got the Pink/White XL and Paper Mario and Professor Layton for $20 off. Too bad Target doesn't have the pink XL or I would have gotten it from there along with the gift card.

LQX

Have to say, that blue color does not look as ugly in person. In fact it is not ugly at all and is very aesthetically appealing and inside is black.

I really hate what they did with the start and select button though and I see myself hitting the power button a lot by accident. That was terrible needless change.

Have to say, that blue color does not look as ugly in person. In fact it is not ugly at all and is very aesthetically appealing and inside is black.

I really hate what they did with the start and select button though and I see myself hitting the power button a lot by accident. That was terrible needless change.

Yup the blue looks so much nicer compared to the red imo.

Every single bundle is sold out within a 150 mile radius of my house. Seems like it is a hit! :)

I can believe that. I did want to upgrade to a 3dsxl but I was going to wait for a better color. Between the temp price drop, bundled in MK7 and getting a good price for my old 3ds you would have to be broke or not thinking straight to pass this deal up if you wanted a 3ds

I feel the same way about Start and Select. Guess I'll just have to get used to it because everything else is much better.

mj1108

Best Buy is sending out mystery RZ coupons valued between $10 and $5,000 through email. An additional $10 off makes the deal on the 3DSXL or 2 for $50 even better.

8b3SE.png

Alex

The start/select/home buttons were a great change, they were horrendous before. Not sure how you'd be hitting them on accident, either.

And yes, the blue is great and Mario Kart 7 is still so very good. Really looking forward to the Wii U iteration, hope it's a solid entry

goldenpp72

Then add in seller fees, time, etc. . . and the fact that you most likely won't be selling it anytime soon. Whereas you're 100% guaranteed to sell it at Gamestop.

I sold a boxed normal 3ds for 155 bucks on ebay, so even with seller fees it absolutely obliterated gamestop. Where are people seeing the 3ds only go for 100 bucks?

I sold a boxed normal 3ds for 155 bucks on ebay, so even with seller fees it absolutely obliterated gamestop. Where are people seeing the 3ds only go for 100 bucks?

You can get $100-120 easy on Craigslist for a 3DS. I got $120 for mine this weekend. Thank god for shoppers that don't do research on the internet

LQX

Best Buy is sending out mystery RZ coupons valued between $10 and $5,000 through email. An additional $10 off makes the deal on the 3DSXL or 2 for $50 even better.

8b3SE.png

How do you get emails from them? I'm a member and they do not send me any emails at all.

Flunkie

Banned
This is so fucking tempting. Love that you can do it online too. I'll probably bite. I'd buy one for my nephew for Christmas if he already wasn't getting a Wii U.

QFT / bump and I DO get emails from them. I'm also a silver rewards member. I better get that email. I want my $5k

Yeah, nothing so far for me. I'll be pretty mad if I don't get one........

Fox Mulder

8b3SE.png

so it's at least $10, and you have to take it to the store to see the real value?

Respawn

Banned
Picked up mine [Blue Black]. Loving it. Finally playing Knights in the Nightmare and Castlevania Ecclesia since my DS broke. Revelations and Aliens Infestation next on the list

Futureman

QFT / bump and I DO get emails from them. I'm also a silver rewards member. I better get that email. I want my $5k

I'm a silver member as well and I just searched my email and haven't got a Reward Zone email since November 2011.

how do you get in on this? will they mail it out?

Fox Mulder

I got the email, but I also have a $15 cert I got from other purchases.

I'm considering this despite the awful kindergarten colors. I want to play more games on this than my wiiu.

spookyfish

I got the email, but I also have a $15 cert I got from other purchases.

I'm considering this despite the awful kindergarten colors. I want to play more games on this than my wiiu.

I really want a white or all black one, but I have to agree with others. The blue is really not that bad. Much better IRL than in pics.

Sorry... had to do it. Bought...

Won't be using it till monster hunter comes out, but the 3DSXL with mario kart at that price??? Couldnt pass it up.

SlickVic

As some folks were suggesting on CAG, was able to get it PM'd at Target and got the $20 GC from their promotion as well. Definitely YMMV on the GC, but the guy at electronics didn't seem to have any issues putting it through.

Wasn't really in the market for a 3DS, but just couldn't say no to this deal.

One thing I've noticed is that the XL's top screen is quite a bit dimmer than the original model's. Not a big deal but I took a picture and was shocked at the results.

1I6val.jpg

One thing I've noticed is that the XL's top screen is quite a bit dimmer than the original model's. Not a big deal but I took a picture and was shocked at the results.
Without being plugged in to the AC adapter, I do believe the XL's highest setting quite destroys the original's.

mm04

Thanks for this thread. Bought the red/black version for my brother for Christmas and picked it up in-store today. Saved me a decent amount of money.

Picked mine up. Finally I can say good bye to hand cramps (hopefully). I was able to transfer all of my dsi ware games and had to re-download my ambassador games. But the save files for the ambassador games are gone. Is there a way to recover that?

Blizzard

Banned
Without being plugged in to the AC adapter, I do believe the XL's highest setting quite destroys the original's.
The 3DS XL's highest setting, no power saving, does seem pretty dim to me compared to the lower screen. But, I've only really played DS lite/DSi before, and I don't have a 3DS.

The 3DS XL's highest setting, no power saving, does seem pretty dim to me compared to the lower screen. But, I've only really played DS lite/DSi before, and I don't have a 3DS.
The DSi had a beautiful, beastly bright screen!

The 3DS XL is probably not at that level, but it is way better than the OG 3DS.

Korigama

Scored me a blue 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle from Target. Also, got a $20 gift card which they wouldn't let me use towards the purchase; guess I'll use it later towards some games. I had a $25 gift card that I was planning to use as well.
so $169.79 (incl sales tax) - $25 g/c = TOTAL $144.79 !!!

I pulled up the BestBuy ad on my phone and that was enough for them to price match. YMMV.
Just grabbed the XL bundle with Mario Kart for $159.99 and $30 in gift cards. You can get an extra $10 by using this coupon http://coupons.target.com/friends-and-fans-coupons . Oh yeah, and 5% off for using a Target Visa.
Going to use the gift cards to get Super Mario 3D Land by price matching the kmart ad. (Kmart also has Paper Mario, NSMB2, and Mario Tennis for 29.99)
Price matched at Target and got $30 in gift cards as well thanks to the info here. Much appreciated.

3DS XL's screen at level 5 is nowhere near as bright as the smaller 3DS, atleast that's what both of mine look like right now.

Blizzard

Banned
The DSi had a beautiful, beastly bright screen!

The 3DS XL is probably not at that level, but it is way better than the OG 3DS.

3DS XL's screen at level 5 is nowhere near as bright as the smaller 3DS, atleast that's what both of mine look like right now.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the opposite. Maybe you should both take pictures...unless some 3DS/3DS XL are brighter than others? :p

On another note, is there any way to reorganize the icons on the main menu? Being able to zoom in and out is nice, but it seems like a wasted opportunity if they didn't give you a way to reorganize the games you download.

I'm a fan of the eShop, with its "people also bought XYZ" feature and being able to redownload games like Steam. I imagine there's still some sort of locked-to-console feature so it's not as good as Steam, but it's still nice that there are improvements in this area. A way to legally purchase Gameboy games and play them without needing eBay or old hardware, yay!

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the opposite. Maybe you should both take pictures...unless some 3DS/3DS XL are brighter than others? :p

On another note, is there any way to reorganize the icons on the main menu? Being able to zoom in and out is nice, but it seems like a wasted opportunity if they didn't give you a way to reorganize the games you download.

I'm a fan of the eShop, with its "people also bought XYZ" feature and being able to redownload games like Steam. I imagine there's still some sort of locked-to-console feature so it's not as good as Steam, but it's still nice that there are improvements in this area. A way to legally purchase Gameboy games and play them without needing eBay or old hardware, yay!

Sure thing, I'll take a photo once my 3ds is charged.

You can reorganize icons easily, just hold them and drag.

What's the best way to get Target to give you the price match and the gift cards? Buy it at normal price and get the gift cards, then bring your receipt to customer service for the price match?

mj1108

What's the best way to get Target to give you the price match and the gift cards? Buy it at normal price and get the gift cards, then bring your receipt to customer service for the price match?

Print out the ad from Best Buy's website or show it on your phone at the time of purchase to get the price match. When they ring it up, it should add the gift card automatically from my understanding.

Print out the ad from Best Buy's website or show it on your phone at the time of purchase to get the price match. When they ring it up, it should add the gift card automatically from my understanding.
And then you just have to hope the employee doesn't void the gift card off because it's policy.

Top Bottom