• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Ixion

I did a search and noticed that no one has posted Todd Terje in this thread. I guess that's because he leans more towards Nu Disco than Synthwave. But I figured I'd post him just in case some of you haven't heard of him since the one album he released, "It's Album Time", is fantastic.

homepage_large.1b314148.jpg

Delorean Dynamite

Swing Star - Part 1

AHA-Lambda

At carpenter Brut gig in Glasgow

There are vinyls here just to confirm, but only a couple and I was one of first in

Priced at £40 so it cost me more to order online :(

AHA-Lambda

Fantastic show :D

Was like more of a live playlist than a gig actually, the band never once actually interacted with the audience, and played each song through non stop, no down time. So it's a nera full 90 minutes of their stuff :D

They played all of their material to a bunch of music videos of theirs projected on a screen behind them.
Plus I was surprised I expected the show to be more DJ-like (such as with Perturbator) but it's more of a rock metal affair that just happens to have one guy on a synthesiser.

AoM

They changed (The) Entity and Skeletons in the Attic for some reason. I liked the heavier feel of the originals.

This sounds really good.
I'm glad you liked it. I searched the thread for any other mentions and couldn't find them... I'm pretty tough to please when it comes to synthwave but this has gotten a ton of my time. I actually found it as a recommendation by Volkor X after I bought one of his albums on Bandcamp. I know it's from the middle of last year, so I didn't want to go yelling how great it was if I was new to something everyone already listened to and loved! Check it out if you haven't, everyone! Real dark, crunchy, heavy stuff.
https://electricdragonuk.bandcamp.com/

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm glad you liked it. I searched the thread for any other mentions and couldn't find them... I'm pretty tough to please when it comes to synthwave but this has gotten a ton of my time. I actually found it as a recommendation by Volkor X after I bought one of his albums on Bandcamp. I know it's from the middle of last year, so I didn't want to go yelling how great it was if I was new to something everyone already listened to and loved! Check it out if you haven't, everyone! Real dark, crunchy, heavy stuff.

Thanks. Just heard the first track, and it was kickass. Listening the rest now.

drotahorror

Meant to chime in as well but forgot, thanks for the recommend, I like it.

finally gave this a listen and its awsome.

Thanks.

Trying to find a good ominous cyberpunk/synth track for this promo video I'm shooting. It's for a local wrestling entertainment show/group and the theme of the show is a future where robots have taken over the Earth. Something industrial + cyber might be nice. Listening to albums mentioned in the past page but if y'all have any suggestions, let me know.

Trying to find a good ominous cyberpunk/synth track for this promo video I'm shooting. It's for a local wrestling entertainment show/group and the theme of the show is a future where robots have taken over the Earth. Something industrial + cyber might be nice. Listening to albums mentioned in the past page but if y'all have any suggestions, let me know.
Something from MegaDrive might be good.

ShaneB

I dig Vincenzo Salvia, but this EP blew me away, awesome stuff. Pj D'atri shreds, great guitar sound.

6OjlwEScH7CHaLAhNOh1RxXo863t2-9Bq1PdXtUmlIdSz58W1_jsIJy9B-V4ypabotNd0Jm8Yg=s512-c-e100-rwu-v1

Follow The Power by Vincenzo Salvia & Pj D'atri

Echoing the comment on the page.. H O L Y S H I T.

There's hundreds you can choose from, here's one that's a bit faster pace... The Destroyer by Zombie Hyperdrive

Slower pace one, i'll second the Mega Drive mention, maybe the track Maniac.

Rehynn

Consensus on the new DWTD? I'd say it's up there with Out of Body.

Pretty mediocre if you ask me. Nowhere near as creative in terms of orchestration/production and songwriting as Carpenter Brut, for example. The female vocals are cheap as fuck, and the riffs sound pretty tired if you've ever listened to metal.

It's fun background music, but that's about it.

Tankard

Pretty mediocre if you ask me. Nowhere near as creative in terms of orchestration/production and songwriting as Carpenter Brut, for example. The female vocals are cheap as fuck, and the riffs sound pretty tired if you've ever listened to metal.

It's fun background music, but that's about it.

Boo this man.

Carnby

Who is this edge lord called Ghost? He keeps coming up in my Carpenter Brut Google searches. I'm pretty sure it's not the same Gost I've heard about.

Who is this edge lord called Ghost? He keeps coming up in my Carpenter Brut Google searches. I'm pretty sure it's not the same Gost I've heard about.
Some cosplay band that sounds like bad 90's grunge singing about satan, Brut opened for them on his first US run.

Top Bottom