• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$99 New 3DS Black Friday Deal

Neoxon

I really want to get the black one (& it's just in time for my paycheck), but the Switch is on the horizon.

ionitron

Wait a minute... what does starting the 25th mean?

It's going to be available starting November 25th, ie. Black Friday.

Edit: Man, I'm going to have to do some special convincing my parents for a ride for this to happen on Black Friday. Damn.

Vic_Viper

Don't forget that this is NoA though. The thing will ship with low numbers and then be sold out except for the crazy prices from scalpers.

Yea I have a feeling that itll be sold out pretty fast. I really hope Gamestop will allow people to atleast pre order one so I dont have to drive out there black firday and deal with the crazies. Such a good deal on a N3DS. Ive been thinking about getting something for Dragon Ball Fusions, didnt think I would be able to get a N3DS though so this is a very welcome surprise. Might get to play Xenoblade after all!

maxcriden

It sounds like, "From Blackfriday forward, this will be the price of this model."

See the replies below me. It's unclear if this is a model they plan to ship high numbers of for beyond BF, or stock beyond BF. With enough stock for BF demand only (or less), they can essentially position this is as a BF only offer if they wish.

Don't forget that this is NoA though. The thing will ship with low numbers and then be sold out except for the crazy prices from scalpers.

I mean, in some of those cases Nintendo has had good reason to crazy undership (and there was also the port strike). But yeah, this time it would surely be on purpose in order to sell it on or around BF only at this price. Because demand I think will be pretty darn big.

It's going to be available starting November 25th, ie. Black Friday.

Edit: Man, I'm going to have to do some special convincing my parents for a ride for this to happen on Black Friday. Damn.

maxcriden

Yea I have a feeling that itll be sold out pretty fast. I really hope Gamestop will allow people to atleast pre order one so I dont have to drive out there black firday and deal with the crazies. Such a good deal on a N3DS. Ive been thinking about getting something for Dragon Ball Fusions, didnt think I would be able to get a N3DS though so this is a very welcome surprise. Might get to play Xenoblade after all!

I'm concerned they won't allow.preorders simply because they'll want to have at least a couple units for walk-ins or else it would be disingenuous for the certain placement in their BF ad.

maxcriden

How long did the $150 Mario 3D Land bundle last on Target shelves before it was sold out? Because this will go thrice as fast given the price.

Wellllll yeah. It didn't last long at all... I imagine in person is your only mildly decent chance at this one... presuming no preorders...

How long did the $150 Mario 3D Land bundle last on Target shelves before it was sold out? Because this will go thrice as fast given the price.
Was that limited? As far as I know, I can still walk into the Target near me and pick one up.

EDIT: Just checked online and they show stock.

Just bought an OG XL back a week ago, fuck right off Nintendo. It shouldn't have taken this damn long to get a reasonably priced n3ds here.

Yeah, with Black Friday right around the corner, never mind the Switch announcement that was a poor decision.

Isotope

I've had my Black XL since Mario & Luigi: Dream Team came out. For only $100, this is SUPER tempting. I initially told myself I wouldn't buy this since I'll be getting a Switch roughly 6/7 months from now, but that price is really hard to resist.

maxcriden

Was that limited? As far as I know, I can still walk into the Target near me and pick one up.

Sorry, you're right. I was misremembering in my reply above. I have seen those in stores. I think they might have sold out for a bit at first though?

Sorry, you're right. I was misremembering in my reply above. I have seen those in stores. I think they might have sold out for a bit at first though?
I can't say for sure how it actually worked out, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of a run on them at first. Presuming Nintendo is going to short-stock on hardware is a pretty safe bet.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
There is probably gonna be like 4 of them per retail store.

Although they may be cleaning house entirely.

BooJoh

What's the best way to switch from my n3DSXL to this n3DS? I have a 64GB card and only eShop purchases. Also, can I get this deal online somewhere?

Since you're already using a microSD card you can just initiate a system transfer and tell it you're using the same SD card, then after the transfer when it tells you to, you turn off the systems and move the microSD from one to the other. It's really very easy.

Velcro Fly

Good deal for those that either want to upgrade or want to jump on

I just don't think I could go back to that smaller screen.

My paint peeled red n3DS XL will live through the season it seems.

maxcriden

I can't say for sure how it actually worked out, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of a run on them at first. Presuming Nintendo is going to short-stock on hardware is a pretty safe bet.

I hear ya. In this case I'd just like to know if this is an intentional BF-only aimed product.

Awesome, want to pick up a 3ds this holiday season.

If you have large hands is the smaller system comfortable to use or should I just say screw it and get an XL. I have a DS lite and find it a bit small.

Zyrox

Yo. Great deal. Can Europe get this too? Please? Pretty please? My old 3ds broke a while ago and I need a new one for Moon.

Lol are they actually releasing a limited edition black console? What a stupid move. People (including myself) want the smaller black console ffs.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
On my OG the marks were able to be rubbed off, on my N3DS they're permanent. Yes, it scratches. It's stubtle enough that it doesn't bother me though. If you're worried about it you could slap a screen protector on the top screen.

EDIT: Topic title should probably mention that this is a Black N3DS in NA, tons of people have been waiting for this.
Not sure how this is happening to you but this hasn't been happening to me since OG 3DS. Maybe you're trying to stuff the console into your tight pockets?

Lol are they actually releasing a limited edition black console? What a stupid move. People (including myself) want the smaller black console ffs.

I doubt this is going to be nearly as limited as people are assuming. Would not be surprised to see this turn into the new normal as Switch gets closer to launching.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Damn what a great deal! i kinda want to import it to my country but i'm pretty sure it's not worth it with the fees, i may give it a shot anyway :p

I doubt this is going to be nearly as limited as people are assuming. Would not be surprised to see this turn into the new normal as Switch gets closer to launching.

Nintendo will be releasing two new limited edition versions of the handheld — one black, one white — which will both be available on November 25th for $99.99. That makes it just slightly more expensive than the $79.99 Nintendo 2DS, which is missing features like glasses-free 3D visuals, and half the price of the larger New Nintendo 3DS XL. Both of the new limited edition variants feature a slick and subtle Mushroom Kingdom print.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/7/13521800/black-friday-deals-2016-new-nintendo-3ds

Knowing how Nintendo is with limited editions, there's no reason to think that this won't be limited.

Really? Weird. It's showing as not available for me on Target.com and not available within 100 miles of my zip code, and I didn't see it the last time I was at a Target, so I assume it was gone everywhere else. Looks like it's going for $175 from third-party sellers on Amazon.

Persona7

Banned
Really? Weird. It's showing as not available for me on Target.com and not available within 100 miles of my zip code, and I didn't see it the last time I was at a Target, so I assume it was gone everywhere else. Looks like it's going for $175 from third-party sellers on Amazon.

I see them every time I go to target so they are restocking them at least.

HardRojo

Just bought an OG XL back a week ago, fuck right off Nintendo. It shouldn't have taken this damn long to get a reasonably priced n3ds here.
Joke post? Black Friday is close, a deal on hardware was pretty much expected. With that said, I don't get people holding off on in this because Switch is coming next year, we barely know anything about it, I'd rather spend $99 on this amazing deal, and I would if I lived in the US.

Top Bottom