• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$99 New 3DS Black Friday Deal

I really want to get the black one (& it's just in time for my paycheck), but the Switch is on the horizon.

I'm tempted to get the black one, too, but am thinking the same thing. It's really nice and $140 CAD is still a pretty good deal.

I have the launch one, but got it as a gift through work. I can't take it out of my house due to OCD, so I've been tempted to buy a second one.

But Switch is coming. Not that I'd take it out of my house. They may end up not making any more 3DS games, though.

CazTGG

Assuming this comes to Canada, this will likely be $120-130 before tax. Tempting as this may be for someone with an older 3DS model (speaking only for myself, the frame around the bottom screen of my classic 3DS is more round than normal and the top constantly scraping against the bottom due to how little space is left between them has left two nasty lines on the top screen, i'm not sure if buying a second one is going to be a purchase for me, given the massive amount of games coming out this month.

Gator86

Knowing how Nintendo is with limited editions, there's no reason to think that this won't be limited.

The brain trust at Nintendo never disappoints. Why make a product easy to purchase? You might sell a lot of them that way. If I have to jump through hoops for this, I'm out. Better be available in reasonable quantities from all online retailers. Don't Nintendo this, Nintendo.

Joke post? Black Friday is close, a deal on hardware was pretty much expected. With that said, I don't get people holding off on in this because Switch is coming next year, we barely know anything about it, I'd rather spend $99 on this amazing deal, and I would if I lived in the US.

Don't we know already that the Switch won't play 3DS carts?

I can swear I read that somewhere.

It's weird people keep saying "Switch is around the corner," as if 3DS games no longer exist after Switch is released. The 3DS has a killer library. Jumping in at 99 dollars for a non 2DS is pretty great.

Or is it that people think 3DS games are gonna be playable on Switch or something? Did I miss an announcement?

BooJoh

Not sure how this is happening to you but this hasn't been happening to me since OG 3DS. Maybe you're trying to stuff the console into your tight pockets?

Nope. In fact, I can wipe the majority of the markings off with a microfiber cloth (other than the minor permanent ones,) then close the sytem and set it down on a table for a few minutes and when I open it back up there will be more marks.

Since I'm not even remotely the only one with this problem it's clearly a hit-or-miss possible defect.

RedSwirl

Fuck man.

I waited forever for a regular-size new 3DS at a good price, but at one point I realized I didn't really need one since I probably wasn't going to buy any games that required or took advantage of it. I have Smash on 3DS but that's it. I have a pretty big backlog of 3DS games, original DS games, and Virtual Console games. And then the Switch is coming out in March.

sfried

So lining up...
Canada pls!

image.php

RedSwirl

If it's on Amazon I'll think about it, or maybe if I'm already at a retailer for something else, but I'm not gonna run out at 5 in the morning just to get this.

Bernbaum

I'm in Australia and need to upgrade to a New.

Anyone willing to help me out? Can arrange cash prior to the sale day.

Please PM.

Shame it'll probably sell out instantly online and there's no way in hell I'm going out on Black Friday, experiencing that once was more than enough.

I'm expecting some major Wii U BF deals too since retailers have four or so months to clear stock and this is the best time to do it.

Do you really believe there will be? Like $100 off for the Wii U?

CLBridges

Yes! This is what my niece wants for Christmas, can't beat this price. Was just looking online yesterday and told myself to wait for black Friday deals. Right on time!

Madao

um, the model i wanted all along since 2014 finally comes to america but i already caved in for the jp black model and then a us white model early in the year.

NoA really wanted to punish early adopters. people who waited for a price drop won this round.

Unbelievable price, and you get the better size model. I would buy it just for video streaming alone, and transfer my a9lh to it. Don't know if I can afford to do any black friday shopping this year, however.

Tempting, but with NX around the corner this feels like a last gasp. Not sure I want to invest in a 3DS collection this soon to the new hybrid release. Hmmmm.

Mitch

Banned
I'd be willing to help a few people out that aren't in the US.

Not like I can guarantee getting more than one, but if I do, I'd love to be able to ship them to people at face value.

ty_hot

How are 3ds digital game prices? Does Nintendo do great sales like in PSN? And prices from virtual console?

SalvaPot

The Zelda DS Lite, and the Rose (was it Nintendogs?) were both launched only on Black Friday. Nintendo has a history of doing this.

EDIT: History, not really a 'habit'.

I'll say its a habit, they released a Black Friday Mario 3DS exclusive to Wal-Mart, the Splatoon/Smash bundle was also mostly for the holidays, even if the console itself was a regular one.

They love their limited bundles.

How are 3ds digital game prices? Does Nintendo do great sales like in PSN? And prices from virtual console?

Rarely. They have (limited) discounts on holidays and special occasions (Mostly 20% or below on MSRP), and My Nintendo features really good discounts for older games, so if you are jumping late you can take advantage of that. But don't expect anything on the level of PSN, at all.

There are always weekly/monthly sales on 3ds eshop, especially ATLUS has frequent price drops.

Rarely. They have (limited) discounts on holidays and special occasions (Mostly 20% or below on MSRP), and My Nintendo features really good discounts for older games, so if you are jumping late you can take advantage of that. But don't expect anything on the level of PSN, at all.

Thisisneogaf.gif

Crazy awesome price, and I am vaguely tempted to get one.

But then I worry about Nintendo suddenly revealing 3DS backwards-compatibility through some crazy way on the Switch at the Jan. 12 event. That price on the 3DS is so low that I just have to wonder why Nintendo would be OK with it.

If I bought one of these only to find out that the Switch somehow played 3DS (digital) games, I'd be pretty pissed.

Jimrpg

Oh man, i desperately wanted the Mario Bundle for Australia but it never came here.

And now this... :( Please Nintendo Australia, do something! new 3DS for A$149 is an instant buy for me.

I already have one but its a 3DS XL (US) and its too big for my daughter's hands, and I don't think I'd get one at full price just because of that.

Come on Nintendo Australia!

BFIB

I'd be willing to help a few people out that aren't in the US.

Not like I can guarantee getting more than one, but if I do, I'd love to be able to ship them to people at face value.
Your a good Gaffer.

I've not jumped in on the 3DS wagon yet. A Link Between Worlds would be tempting.

Stopdoor

Crazy awesome price, and I am vaguely tempted to get one.

But then I worry about Nintendo suddenly revealing 3DS backwards-compatibility through some crazy way on the Switch at the Jan. 12 event. That price on the 3DS is so low that I just have to wonder why Nintendo would be OK with it.

If I bought one of these only to find out that the Switch somehow played 3DS (digital) games, I'd be pretty pissed.

I don't think this is very likely, they've said they're supporting the 3DS with new games through 2017 and seem to be pretending it will stay a separate platform from the Switch for awhile.

There's all sorts of deal breakers with 3DS compatibility anyway, like the gyroscope. It just doesn't seem like a problem they need to solve right now when the 3DS is still going strong.

Top Bottom