• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Konami PR Person Just Got a Metal Gear Solid V Award Instead of Hideo Kojima

lights

Surely one of the senior producers or designers would have been a more suitable person to pick up the the award.

Griss

Before I saw what Kojima did with / did to MGSV I would have been upset or annoyed by stories like this.

Now? Notsomuch.

joseph

Banned
Could be a trick of the camera, fleeting moment, etc..

But I've never seen a person from Japan make the facial expression before.

It's totally fucking with my personally held erroneous stereotype of the culture.

:\

Vire

smh Kotaku, two minutes of investigation on Twitter and you would have seen that Kojima is the US for The Game Awards.

Coreda

What if the Konami PR spokesperson was Kojima in disguise?

pR8FZjf.gif

...and the Kojima in LA is not the real Kojima :O

That would be too obvious.

kavanf1

I hope they open The Game Awards by...Introducing a Hideo Kojima Production...Starring Hideo Kojima...The Game Awards 2015...Cinematography by Hideo Kojima...Costumes by Hideo Kojima...Sound by Hideo Kojima... Executive Producer Hideo Kojima...Story by Hideo Kojima... Written & Directed by Hideo Kojima...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why are people so sure Kojima will be at the TGA's?

Camjo-Z

Maybe he was on vacation? Or maybe he’s attending The Game Awards in Los Angeles? Who knows.

I like how this critical piece of information that makes or breaks the whole article is simply shrugged off as "WHO KNOWS?"

BadWolf

All jokes aside it's pretty obvious that stuff like this will happen, he's no longer with the company.

If he is brought on stage to receive an award at the Game Awards then it will be due to Geoff.

Afterwards Keighley showed up, held him in a chokehold and said "what is this fairy disguise?" before taking off his mask to reveal Hideo Kojima. "You keep wearing masks, and it's gonna rub off on you."

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kiefer, Burke and Joosten are attending. why wouldn't he be there to accept some form of an award? I bet he'll be there.

Because of the whole Konami thing. How would that even work if MGSV wins an award? Kojima doesn't own the IP, he doesn't work for Konami anymore so him accepting the award would be pretty weird but what would be even weirder is if some random PR guy from Konami accepts the award.

LiK

Because of the whole Konami thing. How would that even work if MGSV wins an award? Kojima doesn't own the IP, he doesn't work for Konami anymore so him accepting the award would be pretty weird but what would be even weirder is if some random PR guy from Konami accepts the award.

don't forget about the lifetime achievement award!

Kiefer, Burke and Joosten are attending. why wouldn't he be there to accept some form of an award? I bet he'll be there.

If he is still under contract with Konami while he is "on vacation" until he fulfils his renaming days then Konami will still have a say on his public appearances.

Oh come on. This is a fake controversy. Others accept awards for others all the time.
It's not a controversy but it's not insignificant. This is the first time, EVER, That Kojima hasn't been to this specific awards show to accept an award for his game. Odd if nothing else

Top Bottom