• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Youtube trailer views for E3 2017

Floody

Really surprised by Day's Gone and NFS (didn't know it was anywhere near this popular still). Spider-Man, Battlefront 2 and God of War are going to be huge.

Reset

Day's Gone in the number 5 spot, huh. I had a feeling that game is going to sell poorly/was going to be ignored, surprised at the views.

Usobuko

Banned
Is SalesGaf here? The Batman Arkham games sell like 4~5m copies per game, how much would this Spidey do on one platform.

I keep having a hunch it would exceed that, handily.

Is SalesGaf here? The Batman Arkham games sell like 4~5m copies per game, how much would this Spidey do on one platform.

I keep having a hunch it would exceed that, handily.

With 60 million ps4's sold probably. The first batman is still the best game in the series. City and knight was boring in comparison.

Boke1879

Day's Gone in the number 5 spot, huh. I had a feeling that game is going to sell poorly/was going to be ignored, surprised at the views.

I don't see why? It appeals to a lot of people. Like someone posted. If it reviews well and marketing is on point. It be bigger than Horizon as far as a new IP goes.

silva1991

First to 10 million wins!

XS5LK.gif

Actually Spiderman has over 14 Mio Views by now (if we count all trailers with over 100k views)

These two alone make it over 11 mio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCn-ciHS5M&t=67s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE&t=59s

Nice.

Just like horizon... This will be a big hit.

Yep, remember that prediction thread about which games would flop this year where Horizon was one of the most popular choices? It seems like some get locked into viewing a game a certain way and refuse to change those views no matter what impressions look like. Days Gone seems like it'll always be a generic zombie game and a clone of TLoU to those people, despite impressions saying that it's not that.

bigjig

As someone who was initially disappointed by the Days Gone reveal I've done a complete 180 on it. If they nail the emergent gameplay in the open world it could be really awesome.

Guymelef

Days Gone is one of those low profile games on NeoGAF that ends selling well, because you know, the truth is out there.

Ploid 3.0

The demo from last year showed some incredible potential for how terrifying and unstoppable the swarm of zombies could factor into gameplay. It's up to Bend to make good use of it, and the gameplay from this week shows they're on a good path.

Oh ! So Mario Odyssey wasn't THAT MUCH of a success compared to other important games.
By being on GAF or Tweeter, it's easy to lose track of that kind of stuff.

I singled out Mario as a high trajectory monster because I would hardly be surprised if within a month, it outpaces every other trailer.

Yes, Spiderman will be big thanks to the casual Marvel-fan crowd, the game is a looker and pretty cinematic so it will be a hit for sure.

I think Days Gone is coming like 5 years later and doesn't look good graphically so it won't be as big as horizon in term of sales but it won't be a Order 1886 neither.

I am surprised at Anthem being so low i feel that tthis game will define the generation.

And obviously Mario will come on top eventually.

Yep, remember that prediction thread about which games would flop this year where Horizon was one of the most popular choices? It seems like some get locked into viewing a game a certain way and refuse to change those views no matter what impressions look like. Days Gone seems like it'll always be a generic zombie game and a clone of TLoU to those people, despite impressions saying that it's not that.

Are you sure you remembering that right. I remember this place being fucking lit in response to Horizon: Zero Dawn. Once the game came out there were people who were saying it wasn't as good as the critics say, but that's nothing new, that's every game. That E3 hype was fucking incredible though. I think when we had votes for best of show or whatever it was among the top 3.

Are you sure you remembering that right. I remember this place being fucking lit in response to Horizon: Zero Dawn. Once the game came out there were people who were saying it wasn't as good as the critics say, but that's nothing new, that's every game. That E3 hype was fucking incredible though. I think when we had votes for best of show or whatever it was among the top 3.

Here's the thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329702

We haven't had a good Spiderman game, let alone a Marvel property in forever.
Pretty much. Marvel never got their Arkham, and no other recent superhero game in nearly a decade besides the Arkham series has been anything special besides maybe Lego Marvel

To put it in perspective, Web of Shadows was 2008 and Arkham Asylum was 2009

That makes a massive budget AAA superhero game an event, doubly so being a Spiderman game

PillarEN

Somewhat surprised at Spiderman being on top. I know that superhero movies are huge. Even so, beyond the recent string of Batman games, people usually don't care about superhero games. Pretty darn good for Sony though seeing that level of hype get around.

Star Wars B2 being second makes all the sense in the world because of the brands regardless of how the previous edition turned out.

Somewhat surprised at Spiderman being on top. I know that superhero movies are huge. Even so, beyond the recent string of Batman games, people usually don't care about superhero games. Pretty darn good for Sony though seeing that level of hype get around.
People don't usually care about superhero games because the Arkham games were the last groundbreaking ones and everything else has mostly been mobile, Lego, Telltale, and so on.

In other words, it's not that people don't care about superhero games. It's that there haven't been superhero games to care about

Star Wars B2 being second makes all the sense in the world because of the brands regardless of how the previous edition turned out.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Spider-Man is the biggest selling superhero in the world.

Balls

Banned
Not surprised about the results. A big budget Spider-man game from a well respected developer with a fairly great track record? Yas please!!!

jeffram

This all makes more sense to me than the social media thread that said assassins creed was the most popular game of the show

D3VI0US

Spiderman is more popular than Batman, Avengers & Superman. COMBINED.

Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg

This just confirms what everybody already knows, other than Batman DC is lame but who knew Spiderman was so huge. Wonder where the X-Men is on this list but they'll always be number one in my heart!

Majmun

Days Gone looks like a fun open world sandbox game with zombies. The dynamic part makes it pretty awesome. And it looks great as well. Buying it day(s) (g)one

It looks like any other zombie game you'd find on steam for cheap.

That's like saying Botw looks like any other adventure game you'd find on steam for cheap.

Aces&Eights

People don't usually care about superhero games because the Arkham games were the last groundbreaking ones and everything else has mostly been mobile, Lego, Telltale, and so on.

In other words, it's not that people don't care about superhero games. It's that there haven't been superhero games to care about

Also, people seem to really underestimate how popular Spiderman is. He's in the upper echelon for sure when it comes to superheros, yet, people act surprised a new game with him, that looks really good is getting ton of YT hits. Bizarre

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It was #1 trending on Youtube yesterday, although I'm not sure what that considers.

Spider-Man at #1 is no surprise.

I believe the Odyssey trailer on the Nintendo channel is the video with the biggest single view count. It just surpassed the Spiderman gameplay demo. (This is when comparing single videos against each other, not all the different uploads)

D3VI0US

Also, people seem to really underestimate how popular Spiderman is. He's in the upper echelon for sure when it comes to superheros, yet, people act surprised a new game with him, that looks really good is getting ton of YT hits. Bizarre

The game looks super fun but I'm worried about all the QTE and contentual stuff because Madworld looked super fun too. I have faith cause Sunset Overdrive was a solid game that just wasn't quite good enough to reach a huge audience but building on that foundation and adding the Spiderman license will gave that engine it's chance to truly shine. There's a reason Sony put it last, this game is going to be huge!

Top Bottom