• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new AI enhanced security camera offering will allow you automatically fire UV paintballs and tear gas at unwanted visitors

ReBurn

Gold Member
There's a company that's getting ready to launch a crowdfunding campaign for a new AI enhanced security camera that can fire UV paint-filled paintballs at targets it detects.

The idea is that It marks the bad guys with UV-based paint so that the authorities can positively id them later. They also have tear gas filled paintballs, I guess for people who need to fend off wild animals or hostile invasions.

It's my opinion that this is really cool. It's also my opinion that PaintCam will almost certainly get you sued and/or arrested for battery if it hits someone with a projectile fired from your property. But the creator's heart is in the right place I guess. It's going live on Kickstarter soon. It will be interesting to see if it gets funded. It will also be interesting to see who the first person is to tear gas their Amazon delivery person.

Would you buy an AI-based tear gas assault camera?

clem84

Gold Member
There's a company that's getting ready to launch a crowdfunding campaign for a new AI enhanced security camera that can fire UV paint-filled paintballs at targets it detects.

The idea is that It marks the bad guys with UV-based paint so that the authorities can positively id them later. They also have tear gas filled paintballs, I guess for people who need to fend off wild animals or hostile invasions.

It's my opinion that this is really cool. It's also my opinion that PaintCam will almost certainly get you sued and/or arrested for battery if it hits someone with a projectile fired from your property. But the creator's heart is in the right place I guess. It's going live on Kickstarter soon. It will be interesting to see if it gets funded. It will also be interesting to see who the first person is to tear gas their Amazon delivery person.

The AI could be programmed to recognize the Amazon logo, but then, of course, burglars will just put on an Amazon cap or shirt, or carry a package with the Amazon label on it. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

YCoCg

Pfffpp, we know how to disable them already

Turrets-Chaff-Grenaded-image-courtesy-of-Juncture-Media.gif

Wouldn't this fall under the same rules as if you booby trapped your house? You'll get sued even if you're in the right
i think the law for booby trapping is that the danger cannot be unknown to the victim....which essentially nullifies the point of a booby trap.

also this is more of a deterrent than to inflict harm...maybe that also plays into it as well.

still....this is not a good idea.

Mistake

i think the law for booby trapping is that the danger cannot be unknown to the victim....which essentially nullifies the point of a booby trap.

also this is more of a deterrent than to inflict harm...maybe that also plays into it as well.

still....this is not a good idea.
In most cases maybe. I had a coworker that lost an eye to a paintball, and he was just sitting on the sidelines. I imagine people suing for pain and suffering too

Ownage

Hell yes. Come get some.

My wife has been using Walmart plus for a month or two now so far they destroyed our mailbox and the orders are constantly wrong.
Its a joke. They can deliver the cheap shit like skittles and foods correctly. But anything expensive they dont know how to use gps.

When It got "delivered" i went to the house that they took a picture of saying it was delivered. Hoping i would find it on the doorstep of my neighbor. Nothing.

If my parents didn't love them and use them id drop Walmart plus ages ago.

I can't remember the last time amazon got my address wrong. They are usually pretty good at the right address.

Mistake

My wife has been using Walmart plus for a month or two now so far they destroyed our mailbox and the orders are constantly wrong.
That's because the plus means it's gay. You might need to hang some flags outside before they drive through your living room next

Last edited:
Top Bottom