• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A timeline of white-nationalist associations with Donald Trump

Joe

* This is not a complete list
* There might be slight timing errors

------

July 22, 2015
Gregory Hood, blogger for the white-nationalist websites Radix Journal and American Renaissance, "We need a troll for president. The survival of the current political, economic, and cultural system is a death sentence for the European-American population. Trump creates an opening to disrupt that system."

August 15, 2015
Peter Brimelow, founder of the white nationalist website VDARE, claims that Donald Trump's immigration policy is "Stunning! This is the most explicit any presidential candidate has ever been."

August 30, 2015
Steve Bannon confidentially states to a collegaue via email that ”I'm Trump's campaign manager" and that Breitbart is "trump central".

screenshot_102.png

October 12, 2015
Don Black, former KKK Grand Dragon and founder of Stormfront, a white-supremacist and neo-Nazi Internet forum, "Trump resonates with many of our people, of course — and with white, middle America, which has been seething for many years now about the immigration issue. It's been ready to boil over for a long time. Trump stumbled onto this issue and he's benefiting from that. It inspires a lot of people, including a lot of our own people. I don't know how far he'll go, and I don't know, if he were elected, if he really would follow through on his promise. But he's definitely been a major boost for us."

November 5, 2015
August Kreis, former Minister of Information and Propaganda for the Aryan Nations white-supremacist group, in court at the sentencing for his criminal sexual conduct involving a child conviction states ”I will always hate the Jew. This government is run by an evil group of people, and, please, vote for Trump!"

November 22, 2015
Donald Trump tweets an image with completely fabricated African-American homicide statistics. The image appears to have originated from a neo-Nazi Twitter account.

screenshot_98.png

December 10, 2015
Stormfront founder Don Black states that Donald Trump has set in motion white-nationalist forces that will be a legacy that outlives the businessman's political career. ”Demoralization has been the biggest enemy and Trump is changing all that. He's certainly creating a movement that will continue independently of him even if he does fold at some point." Stormfront has had additional listeners and call volume to its phone-in radio show, and required to upgrade its servers to handle the site's traffic bump.

December 11, 2015
Kevin MacDonald, described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as ”the neo-Nazi movement's favorite academic", claims that Donald Trump's candidacy is helping America realize that a ”very large number of White people are furious" about the where the country is headed. MacDonald called Trump's candidacy ”a game changer". He adds, ”We are living in very exciting times. A major political candidate is saying things that have been kept out of the mainstream for decades. In this new climate, millions of White people are realizing that it's entirely legitimate to oppose immigration and multiculturalism.

December 15, 2015
Donald Trump supporter yells "Sieg heil!" at a protester during a Trump campaign rally

December 16, 2015
At a Donald Trump rally in Arizona, guest speaker Guest Sheriff Joe Arpaio exclaims ”The silent majority is not silent anymore!", the crowd cheered in response.

Afterwards in the parking lot, a man yells at Latinos ”Mother f---ing tacos! Go back to Mexico! Go back to Mexico! Nobody wants you!"

December 18 2015
David Duke, former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, states that Donald Trump speaks more ”radically" than him.

December 19, 2015
Alex Linder, founder of white-nationalist Vanguard News Network, ”Only Trump can turn back the brown tide, and thinking Whites know this." Donald Trump is "the Last Hope for Whites Before America Turns Brown and Non-Western."

January 11, 2016
A white-nationalist Super PAC begins an independent robo-call campaign in Iowa ahead of the Iowa primary advocating for people to vote for Donald Trump. The Trump campaign did not respond to to requests for a statement.

February 5, 2016
The Donald Trump campaign comments on the white-nationalist Super PAC robo-calls without referring to the white-nationalist group or their white-nationalist ideals, "Mr. Trump has disavowed all Super PACs offering their support and continues to do so," said Hope Hicks, a Trump campaign spokeswoman.

February 24, 2015
David Duke states "I do support his candidacy, and I support voting for him as a strategic action. I hope he does everything we hope he will do." and "voting against Donald Trump at this point is really treason to your heritage"

February 25, 2016
Anti-Defamation League calls on Donald Trump to distance himself from white supremacists

February 26, 2016
Donald Trump disavows David Duke's support, "David Duke endorsed me? Ok. Alright. I disavow. Ok?" Nearly all believe it did not go far enough.

February 27, 2016
White-nationalist James Andrews attends a Donald Trump rally in Memphis, NC as a fully credentialed member of the media.

February 28, 2016
During an interview Donald Trump was asked to explicitly disavow David Duke and white-supremacist groups.

BAu_FOu_P.png

February 28, 2016
The Anti-Defamation League again calls on Donald Trump to explicitly disavow David Duke

February 29, 2016
Rachel Pendergraft, national organizer for the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, states that the KKK is using Donald Trump as a recruitment tool, telling members how to use Trump as a "conversation piece". She adds that Trump has "electrified some members of the movement."

March 2, 2016
Donald Trump Jr. gives a radio interview to white-nationalist James Andrews. Trump Jr. claims to have not known that the host of the "Political Cesspool" radio program was a white-nationalist.

May 4, 2016
Matthew Heimbach, leader of the white nationalist Traditionalist Worker Party, "We just need to strap in, the future is gonna definitely be interesting, and I believe we could have a switch in our direction even more...Hail, Emperor Trump!"

May 10, 2016
The Donald Trump Campaign selects a white-nationalist as one if its California delegates for the Republican National Convention.

July 2, 2016
Donald Trump tweets "Crooked Hillary" image that features the Star of David.

July 3, 2016
The "Crooked Hillary" image tweeted by Donald Trump is sourced back to an Internet message board that is frequented by white-supremacists and neo-Nazis.

July 4, 2016
Donald Trump blames the "dishonest media" for claiming it was a Star of David instead of a "Sheriff's Star, or plain star!"

July 4, 2016
Jonathan Greenblatt, Anti-Defamation League CEO, releases an official ADL statement requesting, for a third time, that Donald Trump explicity disavow any and all extremists, "Donald Trump should stop playing the blame game and accept that his campaign tweeted an image with obvious anti-Semitic overtones and that, reportedly, was lifted from a white supremacist website. It's long past time for Trump to unequivocally reject the hate-filled extremists orbiting around his campaign and take a stand against anti-Semitism, bigotry and hate."

July 4, 2016
Daniel Scavino Jr., the Donald Trump campaign's social media director, claims the "Crooked Hillary" image "was lifted from an anti-Hillary Twitter user where countless images appear. The sheriff's badge -- which is available under Microsoft's ‘shapes' -- fit with the theme of corrupt Hillary and that is why I selected it."

July 22, 2016
David Duke, "I'm overjoyed to see Donald Trump and most Americans embrace most of the issues that I've championed for years,"

July 25, 2016
David Duke, "I said to my people that they should support Donald Trump, I believe that absolutely with all my heart today because we have no other alternative than Donald Trump and I think he's doing some great things for the party and for our people,"

image.png

July 26, 2016
After being pressed for comments regarding David Duke's latest comments, Donald Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks stated, ”Again, Mr. Trump has disavowed David Duke and will continue to do so. If you want to continue to waste our time with these questions, we will happily address them and allocate our resources for real stories pertaining to Mr. Trump's candidacy for president of the United States and his message to the American people elsewhere."

August 7, 2016
Rocky Suhayda, Chairman of the American Nazi Party, claims that "Donald Trump's campaign statements, if nothing else, have SHOWN that ‘our views' are NOT so ‘unpopular. If Trump does win, okay, it's going to be a real opportunity for people like white nationalists, acting intelligently to build upon that."

August 18, 2016
Donald Trump names Steve Bannon, chairman of Breitbart, the self-proclaimed platform for the alt-right white-nationalist movement, as his campaign chief executive.

screenshot_103.png

October 18, 2016
Official Ku Klux Klan newspaper, The Crusader, puts Donald Trump on their front page under the headline "Make America Great Again"

screenshot_99.png

October 29, 2016
A Donald Trump supporter is recorded at a Trump rally chanting "JEW-S-A"

November 6, 2016

The Donald Trump campaign release a controversial ad ahead of the election. The Anti-Defamation League states, "The images and rhetoric used in this ad touch on subjects that anti-Semites have used for ages." The Trump campaign responded by saying, "I am offended and concerned that an institution such as the ADL would involve itself in partisan politics".

November 8, 2016
Donald Trump wins the 2016 Presidential Election.

November 15, 2016
White-nationalists express surprise and hope after Donald Trump names Steve Bannon as his Chief Strategist in the White House.

November 20, 2016
Richard Spencer, leader of the alt-right white-nationalist movement, finishes a white-nationalist conference in Washington D.C. by calling out ”Hail Trump! Hail our people!" and ”Hail victory!" (the English translation of ”Sieg Heil!") with members of the audience giving Nazi salutes.

December 3, 2016
Ku Klux Klan of North Carolina hold a Donald Trump victory parade of roughly 30 cars
Amanda Barker, who is identified on the KKK's website as an ”imperial kommander" and is married to Chris Barker, who founded the group, said the car parade would be a celebration of President-Elect Donald Trump's victory.

”We actually kind of have the same views," Barker said. ”Actually a lot of white Americans actually felt the same way, especially about the wall, immigration and the terrorism coming here. I think Donald Trump is going to do some really good things and turn this country around."

screenshot_100.png

RPGCrazied

Yeah, timeline fits, he is a racist. I wish the MSM would put this all together, but they are all in it for the ratings, they don't care.

royalan

I'm just so...surprised
I mean, how did we get here?
Who would have thought...?
In 2017...
When did things get so bad?
He defended Nazis? Where did that come from?

GREAT WORK, OP. This will be getting plenty of use from me. Should start with his first known white-supremacist association: his damn daddy.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Yeah, timeline fits, he is a racist. I wish the MSM would put this all together, but they are all in it for the ratings, they don't care.

I mean, Clinton basically laid it all out in that great speech she made and the media either ignored it or asked why she was giving such a speech.

The media should be ashamed of how they handled that.

kadotsu

Banned
Didn't it all start with the Central Park Five case in 1989? It should have been clear to anyone where he stood and still stands after his actions.

Zasa

Brilliant work, OP. Thanks for this.

Amazing how over a year ago he claimed he didn't know what a white supremacist/nationalist is & now claims he doesn't know what the alt-right means. Fucking piece of shit.

Joe

Lots of grammar errors that I need to fix, I was in a rush.

Feel free to post any additional instances with dates and credible sources and I will add it to the list sometime this weekend.

Joe

Central Park 5 issue is racist but not white nationalist related. I think it might be better to keep the focus of the list tight if possible.

Prominent white-nationalists invoking Trump are the best examples because Trump's blatant ambiguity gas no effect in it.

Somnid

It's like the whole Russia thing, he just cannot distance himself. And we knew he leaned this way on the campaign trail. But what's so odd is he doubles down when called out instead of deflecting. It's like the opposite of of rational, which is really scary.

Joe

Want to use this information effectively?

Find the endorsements and positive reactions of Donald Trump by your local GOP representatives and organizations, insert them into the timeline with sources, print it out, mail it to them with a letter.

Joe

Thanks.

I think I cleaned up all the dates and grammar issues.

I'm going to add more dates, there's a lot of rally stuff I know I'm missing, but I won't have time until this weekend.

III-V

Hey, OP, maybe you should mention to prospective posters that:

Reading comprehension and critical thinking skills are both recommended before providing your hot take for this thread.

Joe

Added a few dates to the timeline. August 30, 2015, and August 31, 2016 were especially crazy.

Hey, OP, maybe you should mention to prospective posters that:

Reading comprehension and critical thinking skills are both recommended before provided your hot take for this thread.
Edit: Nevermind, I got it.

timepiece

OP where's the ASSOCIATION?

The Nazis still have to vote for someone you know, BUT I still don't see any association withTrump.

Am I missing something?

Caelus

What does this have to do with anything, just a bunch of Nazis endorsing Trump policies. Where's the ASSOCIATION?

OP where's the ASSOCIATION?

The Nazis still have to vote for someone you know, BUT I still don't see any association withTrump.

Am I missing something?

Oh really?

I was expecting something perhaps like this:

clinton-byrd.png

And since when has the seat of the presidency become a barometer for morality?

Joke posts or stupid fucking idiot? Or both?

Top Bottom