• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A timeline of white-nationalist associations with Donald Trump

I wonder how long before the Brigade of both sides and false equivalen-

OP where's the ASSOCIATION?

The Nazis still have to vote for someone you know, BUT I still don't see any association withTrump.

Am I missing something?
RG0BS1U.gif

Oh, well there it is.

timepiece

Watch his press conference from Tuesday.

I watched it and he denounced white supremacist and nationalist and Nazis.

But that's not the topic of this thread.

The thread is about this: "A timeline of white-nationalist associations with Donald Trump"

I see a bunch of dates but no associations, where's the ASSOCIATION??

Nafai1123

Banned

The thread is about this: "A timeline of white-nationalist associations with Donald Trump"

Then you're clearly delusional. He made it abundantly clear that he relates to these "good" nazis. It's what he truly believes, and the fact that you're willingly blind to it says a lot about you.

Thought I suspect you're just an alt-troll, so whatever.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Really, so where's the association with Trump and the Nazis.

All I see is endorsement by Nazis and supremacists, where's the proof of association with TRUMP and the NAZIS/white supremacists?

Imaging there is a small alien planet with 4 beings A, B, N, D living on this planet

N likes to eat D's shit.
D likes N liking its shit, D likes to shit a lot.
A, B live in a different eco system that they do agriculture and stuff.

Question: What association, or to say, co-occurrence can be found on this planet?

Ponn

Banned

The association is through him making people like Bannon and Miller and others part of his admin. I have a feeling you already know that though and will deny their blatant associations.

I dont even understand how this works?

I mean what? The percentages are compared to what? The suls doesnt come to 100%. I don't understand it at all

Edit: nevermind i get it. White stats and black stats are seperate..
Still stupid and false though

timepiece

The association is through him making people like Bannon and Miller and others part of his admin. I have a feeling you already know that though and will deny their blatant associations.
Banon is out but notwithstanding where's the evidence he is/was a racist?

Joe

Using the ambiguity of a single word ("association") to discredit the entirety of an otherwise obvious argument (history of white-supremacists attraction to Donald Trump) is a textbook example of an alt-right attempt to normalize mainstream white-nationalism.

Engage that debate if you want, but it is fruitless.

This reply is for everyone else reading this: This question is unanswerable because alt-right/modern white-nationalism is intentionally, and covertly, based in dog whistles. The goal, after all, is mainstreaming white-nationalism.

The mainstreaming of white-nationalism began in the 80s and 90s when skinheads stopped shaving their heads and grew their hair out, and when the KKK hung up their robes and started wearing suits.

Alt-right is the 2010s version of this 'acceptance movement'.

timepiece

Using the ambiguity of a single word ("association") to discredit the entirety of an otherwise obvious argument (history of white-supremacists attraction to Donald Trump) is a textbook example of an alt-right attempt to normalize mainstream white-nationalism.

When you can't prove "ASSOCIATION", then you have absolutely no argument.

Caelus

I know you'll get banned swiftly but I just want to say how cowardly you are to hide behind an alt. You can't even argue in good faith. Your points are ludicrous and I can't believe it's people like you who endanger my life and that of my family and friends.

OP, I hope I can make an info graphic of your post to disseminate, great research.

timepiece

I know you'll get banned swiftly but I just want to say how cowardly you are to hide behind an alt. You can't even argue in good faith. Your points are ludicrous and I can't believe it's people like you who endanger my life and that of my family and friends.

OP, I hope I can make an info graphic of your post to disseminate, great research.

I endanger your life how?

I'm just asking for some clarifications. How exactly do I endanger your life?

timepiece

This reply is for everyone else reading this: This question is unanswerable because alt-right/modern white-nationalism is intentionally, and covertly, based in dog whistles. The goal, after all, is mainstreaming white-nationalism.

The mainstreaming of white-nationalism began in the 80s and 90s when skinheads stopped shaving their heads and grew their hair out, and when the KKK hung up their robes and started wearing suits.

Alt-right is the 2010s version of this 'acceptance movement'.

I'm a proud BLACK African man (I can prove if you want), I'm by no means white. Please stick to the topic. Thanks

Zolo

remist

Not that this OP isnt damning by itself but "associations" is probly not the right word to describe the content. I came in expecting actual evidence of two way relationships.

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm a proud BLACK African man (I can prove if you want), I'm by no means white. Please stick to the topic. Thanks

As a BLACK African man, do you agree with Trump that those who oppose nazis are just as bad as nazis?

Do you agree with him retweeting and parroting the speaking points of nazis?

Do you agree with him using the same codified words as nazis?

Do you agree with him demanding the death penalty for innocent black men, even after they've been exonerated?

You're full of shit, period. Trying these disingenuous, intellectually dishonest talking points isn't going to get you anywhere. If you actually are a black man, you should be ashamed of yourself for defending an enemy that doesn't give a shit about you or your people.

pigeon

Banned
Not that this OP isnt damning by itself but "associations" is probly not the right word to describe the op. I came in expecting actual evidence two way relationships.

When Nazis say trump is great and he says they're great, that seems pretty much like a two-way relationship

Joe

Donald Trump and his team have shown a pattern of hesitancy to unequivocally and forcefully denounce support from white-super supremacists. Even if the Trump team just uses these groups as nothing more than a rock-solid voter base and as vocal supporters, with absolutely zero support for their cause or messages, it is still a relationship.

remist

When Nazis say trump is great and he says they're great, that seems pretty much like a two-way relationship
I mean he hasn't said that. You and I can speculate that his intention was to dogwistle that message but he has condemned these groups in his public statements. Proof of two way association would be a stronger claim.

Zolo

Donald Trump and his team have shown a patter of hesitancy to unequivocally and forcefully denounce support from white-super supremacists. Even if the Trump team just uses these groups as nothing more than a rock-solid voter base and as vocal supporters, with absolutely zero support for their cause or messages, is still a relationship.

Yeah. That's why I didn't get the obsession with the 'association' remark.

The association is that Trump is a racist (and sexist for that matter) who is supported by racist groups.

pigeon

Banned
I mean he hasn't said that. You and I can speculate that his intention was to dogwistle that message but he has condemned these groups in his public statements. Proof of two way association would be a stronger claim.

You haven't changed

Nafai1123

Banned
Donald Trump and his team have shown a patter of hesitancy to unequivocally and forcefully denounce support from white-super supremacists. Even if the Trump team just uses these groups as nothing more than a rock-solid voter base and as vocal supporters, with absolutely zero support for their cause or messages, is still a relationship.

Not to mention we already know they support their causes, with changes like reversing mandatory min's on drug offenses, bringing back support for federal private prisons, attempts to curtain or completely stop immigration of religious groups from certain countries, trying to fund a completely pointless wall, etc. One could argue that the policies that they've tried to enact are more focused on pleasing their bigoted supporters than their "economically anxious" or economically suffering ones.

Trump said there were some "very fine people" on both sides. Perhaps you should watch that Vice doc to see what "very fine people" he was talking about.

Joe

I put in a request to change the thread title so that there is no room for debate on the overall theme.

EDIT: If a mod reads this, can you please change this thread title to: A timeline of white-nationalist support for Donald Trump

Thanks

remist

You haven't changed
I dont know what that means. I dont need any more proof that Trump is a racist piece of shit. You are preaching to the choir. I just came in expecting a stronger case that could be made to people not already convinced he is a straight up white supremacist.

Pizza

I've seen firsthand how previously closeted racists latched on to trump and used it as an excuse to shout their bullshit through as many channels as possible.

Trump's rhetoric lines right up with the alt-right. He's a feverent Breitbart reader and even hired Breit Bart himself up until he resigned. Now, in my experience, the frequenters of that site are either woefully misinformed and are locked into the conservative persecution complex or are alt-right kids.

Now, the alt right was pretty obviously sketchy and racist as fuck. And it's ballooned into a straight up nazi thing real quick. Also the Nazis and the KKK are teaming up in 2017. Trump, factually, knows who David duke is. He's gone on the air throwing informed shade at him years ago. Why would he NOT condemn that group, the literal KKK. Why "I'm sure there's nice people there?" Why send his kid to "accidentally" show up on an alt right podcast?

The connection to trump directly required some reading between the lines. Why, now, would he not immediately condemn a white supremacist driving into protestors? He's been vehemently condemning lots of other shit immediately. He was faster to condemn the terrorist driving a truck into people in a different country than he was to condemn Nazis and Klansmen.

And even when he did, he did a second retraction press conference to "both sides" it. He Freudian slipped how the alt-left came at "us, uh, I mean..." when damning the violence THEY caused. Also he was quick to bitch about the news after the second conference.

At this point he's either a total moron with zero brains, or he's a racist sexual predator who has made a career out of manipulating public perception of himself and is transparently serving himself with his presidency.

Top Bottom