• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

GSR

I was waiting for a bit more info. Right now we don't know if this is literally all there is or if the article has additional info as well.

GSR

Ordinarily I'm not one to change my avatar for new games, but once we get a clear version (I'm guessing the official site will update with it in a day or two) I totally call dibs on an AA5!Apollo avatar. It's been good, Greg, but it's time to move on.

Drago

So I just bought Phoenix Wright: JFA for $27 new after an Amazon gift card. wheee

So glad to finally advance in this series. I adored the first one so I'm very excited to play a new one. I'm happy to see all the games in the series dropping to lower prices (all other games are $20 new on Amazon), but the second game is still double their prices. Sigh... at least the gift card soothes the pain a bit. :p

Groof

I've had such AA cravings these past weeks, really want to play through them all again. But I don't have a functional DS anymore, which makes it even harder... What's taking them so long with the iOS/Android HD releeeeaseeeeee

Someone should post a thread in the Gaming side. I'll do it if anyone else doesn't want to.

Well, we don't have much other than "Apollo's back and he looks beat up."

Well new threads for new news. It's like when characters get revealed for a fighting game and people post a thread about it.

True, new news, new thread.

I was waiting for a bit more info. Right now we don't know if this is literally all there is or if the article has additional info as well.

You can update the post later on to accommodate that information.
Soo... has this gaming-side thread been posted yet? Post a link back to it here once it has been.

FluxWaveZ

Aw, the updated group picture pretty much shows that Apollo's still on Phoenix's side (I think).

Hopefully we won't have to wait 5-6 months until we get some more info like we did until this one for Apollo Justice, especially if they're keeping that 2013 release in Japan.

Drago

yeaauh
(giant phone pic)
oDzB36F.jpg

Got the game yesterday, finished the first trial and starting the second now. Feels good man :)

Goldrush

So, is there a release of Ace Attorney live-action movie that has, at least, English subtitles and can be played on US DVD or Bluray player? It's the perfect present for someone I know and I would import it if I have to.

Mr. RHC

Definitely hyped for AA5, but I must say I'm sad that AAI2 is not very likely at this point it seems :(.

The first game was magnificent, how does AAI2 fare compared to the series, if anyone has played it? (who speaks japanese, :D)

Mr. RHC

I haven't played it myself, but the most common opinion about AAI2 is that it's much better than AAI1.

That's good to hear.

By the way, does anyone else think that it would have been better if they stayed with HD 2D sprites than going 3D?

They didn't nail it all with Phoenix imo, there is just a certain charm to the 2D sprites that they just weren't able to replicate so far.

BlackJace

That logic chess mechanic in AAI2 is an extremely interesting idea that I will never get to experience unfortunately. Thanks Capcom...

GSR

That's good to hear.

By the way, does anyone else think that it would have been better if they stayed with HD 2D sprites than going 3D?

They didn't nail it all with Phoenix imo, there is just a certain charm to the 2D sprites that they just weren't able to replicate so far.

Having played PLvsAA, I have to say the additional range of motion the characters/camera have in 3D more than make up for any shortcomings of the models. Phoenix had pretty dead eyes for some of his PLvsAA models, for instance, but it never really bothered me because the rest of the presentation was so strong.

Considering AA5's models look way better than PLvsAA's, I'm hoping it won't be a problem at all.

I haven't played it myself, but the most common opinion about AAI2 is that it's much better than AAI1.

It's better, I'd say. It's not perfect by any means, and the cameo fever of AAI hits new heights, but it's still pretty good. My gut ranking for the series is AA3 > AA1 > AA4 = PLvsAA > AAI2 > AAI = AA2.

GSR

Speaking of PLvAA, has anything been said about a western release?

Not really. Level-5's acknowledged the demand is there, but nothing formally announced.

My guess is it'll show up at E3 either alongside or in place of Azran Legacies.

FluxWaveZ

Absolutely not. Much like the change from 999 to VLR, I think 3D models are the logical direction to take and could actually make the court scenes more dynamic, like they've said in interviews. Plus, I think they capture the spirit of the sprites just fine.

it0G4dePYFscX.gif

M7vKB.gif

Top Bottom