• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN New Years Showcase Trailer | PS4, PS VR, XB1, PC

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Woh!! Xbox One release!! Noice!! First time I've heard this, I thought it was going to be a PS4 exclusive, or a timed exclusive that is. Considering I'm buying a PS4 soon I might end up getting it for PS4 anyone's but it's great that it's coming out for Xbox One and PC also :)

I thought this was PS4 exclusive? Glad to know it's coming out for the Xbox One and PC too, if I can use my 360 flight stick with it I'll really be pleased!

kagamin

When do the iDOLM@STER plane skins get revealed?
5nhLzYd.jpg

Caayn

Good to hear that this isn't an console exclusive title. Can't wait to play AC again after having skipped on Assault Horizon.

Why was it announced (or at least acted like) it was a console exclusive title?

Naked Lunch

Amazing news that its multiplat. Very happy.
I really hope they make an Ace Combat HD collection of 0, 4, 5. Those games are infinitely re-playable and timeless - they need to be brought to a newer generation.

Fury451

Banned
Amazing news that its multiplat. Very happy.
I really hope they make an Ace Combat HD collection of 0, 4, 5. Those games are infinitely re-playable and timeless - they need to be brought to a newer generation.

I was holding out for one all last generation. Something tells me to not get too excited about the never showing up at this point. It would be an instant by though, even if they were just uprezzed.

Weird seeing this be multiplatform and with a non-VR mode after I distinctly remember it being announced as a "PSVR exclusive".

Sony really needs to reign in their use of the "exclusive" label on third party titles. It's been getting out of control.

In this one day, Namco has announced that two titles that were revealed as exclusives at PSX are multiplats.

timlot

Banned
Wow, glad to hear this is coming to XB1. This was one of the games that impressed me from that Playstation event.

Can't wait. Wish it wasn't a rehash trailer but super excited! After getting Resident Evil 7 on PC last night definitely getting this one on it too. If there is a good CE, I'm all about it on the double dip.

Hate the lines chosen for the speaking parts in the trailer, I mean it is Ace Combat style cheese but the lines were clearly taken from multiple parts and just slapped in there lol. Graphics look amazing, hope we get a pure gameplay video soon, like 5 minutes of a mission, no cuts!

Also wishing and expecting many enemy aces/super strange real weapons aside from the massive prop plane drone carrier.

Din't they say a long time ago that VR would be a set "experience" though and not the full game?

Wuiji

Wow, glad to hear this is coming to XB1. This was one of the games that impressed me from that Playstation event.

This and Horizon were the two games that piqued my interest, with Ace Combat 7 being the one I was desperate to play. Much like the one guy in the crowd who lost his shit when it became evident they were about to announce a new Ace Combat game, I too was going "OMG OMG OMG OMG" when it happened.

Been wanting a new Ace Combat game for years!

I hope Microsoft can get this as a Play Anywhere title. Otherwise I'll be quite tempted to double dip if it's more like Ace Combat 6 and less like Assault Horizon.

I'll stick with the PS4 version at launch for PSVR support and get the PC version when price drops. I remember the PC port of Ace Combat Assault Horizon being complete shit, it didn't support my flight stick and HOTAS properly, I'm in no rush to give NamcoBandai my Steam money after that disaster.

Funny I thought this game was always odds-on multiplatform and it was NNK2 where I wasn't so sure.

Seems I had the opposite impression to the majority here on Gaf, but pleased all the same.

TentPole

Lost interest when I learned that it's just a few experimental missions in VR and that you can't play the whole game in vr. All the other games that have done this ended up feeling extremely tacked on.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I pre-ordered on Amazon.com, but it's a placeholder until I find out exactly when the PC version will hit.

What do you mean by this?
I answered earlier but I'm quoting you again because I just booted up Warhawk again (<3) and it seems the right stick acts like the left stick in AC and the left stick fixes the camera while the aircraft does its thing. Using both gives more freedom and control.

With AC being first person, the cockpit would roll while the camera is fixed with the other stick operating the same as is.

Soi-Fong

I think that things like this, considering the incubation status of VR right now, are very damaging to VR itself.

At this point play Ace Combat 6 on Xbox 360. Fine game.

If Sony is paying Namco Bandai to include VR support then no, it's not damaging to VR whatsoever.

I don't think Namco Bandai would even spend time on development in VR with the current Rift and Vive numbers.

well, gee. This looks even better than I was hoping for.

great to see the Ace Combat team back on confidant footing again, Ever since The Sky Crawlers on the Wii they've been coming up a bit short, but this looks fan-tas-tic.

What for? You can look around with the right analog stick if you want.
I need both sticks to actually control the ship for comfort/muscle memory reasons. I didn't like trying to maneuver myself away from close to ground level with the one stick. And the look stick seems to just snap to the direction you press.

Edit: trying to get a ground target, I flew down close, and having to turn, I couldn't just scoop up and roll left or right as that would drive me right down into the ground. Having another stick pulling up as I banked would make this possible.

Top Bottom