• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achievements for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas appear on Xbox 360

Grief.exe

The recent Steam beta has Rockstar adding widescreen and xinput support to the game, but they haven't added Steam achievements to the API as of yet.

I literally just beat this game last month, really don't want to go back to earn all of those achievements.

Make it not janky when it goes above 25fps.

I was running it locked at 60 without any issues.

Nethaniah

The recent Steam beta has Rockstar adding widescreen and xinput support to the game, but they haven't added Steam achievements to the API as of yet.

I was running it locked at 60 without any issues.

Not gamebreaking sure, but there are issues :p, having played the console version recently it became pretty obvious that the engine isn't meant to go above that framelimiter.

Also love how R* is finally fixing the steam version despite a support page on their site having been up for 3 years now with the complaint of no widescreen support, despite the retail versions having it (with a patch.)

Edit: https://support.rockstargames.com/h...ck-of-widescreen-support-for-San-Andreas-v3-0 there it is.

"This is under investigation and we would recommend subscribing to this article, which we will update as soon as we have new information. " i'll bet, have that page bookmarked for over 3 years now.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If it's on 360 then it's on PS3. If it's on PS3 then it's probably on PS4. If it's on PS4 then I can remote play it on Vita. GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Grief.exe

Not gamebreaking sure, but there are issues :p, having played the console version recently it became pretty obvious that the engine isn't meant to go above that framelimiter.

I've heard that allowing the game to render 100 FPS can cause some strange glitches.

24 FPS is the ultimate cinematic experience.

Nethaniah

I've heard that allowing the game to render 100 FPS can cause some strange glitches.

24 FPS is the ultimate cinematic experience.

I will say this about R*, despite some weird initial locks with some of their own games (like IV's memory limit) they have always given PC gamers options to go beyond stuff, despite the framerate issues for example IV is a decent port that accepts not only higher resolutions but also multi-monitor ones, shame the framerate doesn't hold up either way.

Even played the game with my G27, feature wise, IV atleast is pretty decent.

Edit: Remember guys, this game was and still is fucking awesome, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guDYTNxzd8k

I'd love a PS4 version, but I'd definitely get it on 360 if that's not an option.

edit: Although no way I'm going 100% again. One of those later races about fucking killed me.

Sunny K.

Banned
Eh, not sure I can go back and play it after GTA 5, Mechanics have been improved so much, not to mention the vastly improved mission design and checkpoint system. It's still cool though. I can dream though of them remaking this or Vice City in GTA 5's engine.

onken

Considering the scope of the game, I doubt it'll be remastered in any meaningful way. Though there's currently no ideal way to play it, so even if they just have it at a HD resolution at 60fps, I'll be happy.

You're dreaming. Absolute best case scenario here is 1080p/30. 720p/30 would not surprise me at all.

Unless they redo texture and models (ala Halo Anniversary) I am not really interested. PC version can already do HD so what can they reasonably add?

Decent controller support? Not breaking a bunch of stuff when running at 60fps?

GlamFM

Banned
The more I think think about it the less it makes sense to me.

Timing (considering V HD is right around the corner) and platform are off.

Something is not right here.

Ramblin

Banned
Nothing beats playing co-op bound on the same screen seeing how long the two of you can survive with a 5 star wanted level.

kuYuri

I stopped playing this about a year back cause the keyboard controls were getting to me and to play other games, but if the PC version gets controller support and other improvements, I'd jump back in. :D

Cragvis

GTA: SA HD Remaster bundled with GTA V release?!

Or let it be a game you can play at your home or at arcade cabinets strewn across the map in GTA 5!

just like you had a video game console you could play in CJ's house in san andreas, let you play a console in mikes house, franklins house or trevors place that loads up san andreas!

Cornbread78

They mention other platforms.

I secretly hope there is a Vita version in the mix.

Same.... I wanted this sooo bad:

original2-232x300.jpg

Hopefully, it is true and launches right after 5.

ekim

The more I think think about it the less it makes sense to me.

Timing (considering V HD is right around the corner) and platform are off.

Something is not right here.

People with current gen consoles will play V and considering that V is already out for over a year on last gen, it makes sense to release SA on 360/PS3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe they lost the rights to a song and thought they'd reissue it with achievements to compensate? And maybe proper controller support for a patched PC version?

I'd be surprised at a remastered. I'd LOVE to have that, but I'd be surprised.

Sure, but why old gen?

I´m aware if that - still seems to get in the way of GTA V HD.

Unless of course Hammer24 is right...

I don't know, VC 10th and GTA III 10th had mobile releases and other stuff to celebrate, since san andreas already had a mobile release, this is the way to celebrate? releasing the mobile version to other systems etc.

GlamFM

Banned
People with current gen consoles will play V and considering that V is already out for over a year on last gen, it makes sense to release SA on 360/PS3

Sure, but it seems like such an "un-Rockstar" thing to do.

Having 2 games out at the same time.

I guess we´ll know on the 26.

"All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!"

Fucking Big Smoke. I played about 10 hours of San Andreas when it came to Amazon's Fire TV. It plays fine but didn't remember all the Grove St. dudes being so annoying!

San Andreas is still the best game in the series.

Top Bottom