• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achievements for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas appear on Xbox 360

PSOreo

I would be very happy if this appeared on PS4/XboxOne too however it seems a little unlikely given how close we are to the launch of the port of GTAV. I tried playing iOS version but I was a little put off with the controls. Wish there was a way to play it with a controller without jailbreaking.

Achievements for a game don't appear.

This is happening.

The questions are:
when?
how much?
Current gen?
Huh? It's incredibly easy to come up with a list of achievements. It's just a few minutes of work for a fan or a troll. This could be happening, but to use an achievement list as a sure fire indicator is absurd

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I own this on four platforms already (PC, PS2, Xbox and Android) so if achievements are the only significant addition then I'll probably pass.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Huh? It's incredibly easy to come up with a list of achievements. It's just a few minutes of work for a fan or a troll. This could be happening, but to use an achievement list as a sure fire indicator is absurd

This achievement list was found through official means. It's not a fan made up list.

Xboxachievements.org is a very credible site and has (to my knowledge) always been correct when posting achievements. They don't list fan made lists.

Hopefully either Vita or PS4.
Not interested if it's last gen only.

Yeah same here, moving on as much as possible from last gen, especially as a number of companies seem to be suggesting anything they make in last gen only might have next a next gen version (like Borderlands etc).

So fingers crossed for a PS4 version, and hopefully not too long away.

Or let it be a game you can play at your home or at arcade cabinets strewn across the map in GTA 5!

just like you had a video game console you could play in CJ's house in san andreas, let you play a console in mikes house, franklins house or trevors place that loads up san andreas!
So you wouldn't play as CJ, you play as Franklin playing as CJ.... woah

kevin1025

Banned
A trophy list for Beyond: Two Souls for PS4 was found back during the summer and still hasn't been released. I'm thinking this is the same sort of case, where the game is being worked on but might not be coming out until spring at the earliest.

Dobsie

I had a surprising amount of fun with this back in the day. There wasn't much to it but still.

But while we're on the subject of multiplayer how awesome would it be if they added some mp to a remaster? Just adding online free roam to the game would be all kinds of awesome.

Still my favourite GTA to date because of this feature, spent countless hours messing about in that multiplayer.
Multiplayer over xbl/psn isn't the same when you're not in the same room as your mate, I don't know why but its just not as enjoyable.

A list on paper perhaps but to actually implement the triggers into the game code would probably take at least a day or two (just guessing based on amateur programming; I'm not a dev), and I can't imagine why a developer would send out the trigger list to a third-party to implement into their own code until the list was at least verified and implement/tested in-house... Seems an awfully inefficient way to do it.
Would they release it so close to the GTA V re-master?
Maybe to try build up some hype, collab with GTAV some how, the GTS SA anniversary was very recently, too.

The official GTAV community site just highlighted a bunch of SA themed player made maps yesterday, too.

A list on paper perhaps but to actually implement the triggers into the game code would probably take at least a day or two (just guessing based on amateur programming; I'm not a dev), and I can't imagine why a developer would send out the trigger list to a third-party to implement into their own code until the list was at least verified and implement/tested in-house... Seems an awfully inefficient way to do it.

Maybe to try build up some hype, collab with GTAV some how, the GTS SA anniversary was very recently, too.

The official GTAV community site just highlighted a bunch of SA themed player made maps yesterday, too.

HD remake would be splendid

Preorder bonus?

Valid points.

I have a feeling the steam version will also be updated. Hopefully with full steamworks support. Update the display resolutions for NA and add full controller support. That would be amazing.

Certinty

My second favourite game of all time (the first being GTA V) but unfortunately I won't be getting this even if it's an amazing remake on the 360/PS3, I simply don't use those consoles anymore. PS4/One on the other hand and I would be happy to pay anything for this, an absolute gem of a game sadly too advanced for its time and held back by the power of the PS2/Xbox.

Cragvis

So you wouldn't play as CJ, you play as Franklin playing as CJ.... woah

Yea, you load up gta 5, and this would be free, or $1.99 DLC for the game.

load up gta 5, load up your character, say franklin, go to your house. and press right on the dpad next to the 'game console' to play GTA SA.

Franklin sits down, tv turns on and its the intro title screen.

Camera slowly zooms into the tv screen till its full screen and you are there, playing san andreas, INSIDE gta 5.

When you quit the game, it zooms out and franklin gets up and makes some random comment about the game lol.

same with each character.

If i was in charge of R* I would make that happen.

load up gta 5, load up your character, say franklin, go to your house. and press right on the dpad next to the 'game console' to play GTA SA.

Camera slowly zooms into the tv screen till its full screen and you are there, playing san andreas, INSIDE gta 5.

Wooow, that's some Inception shit right there

When you quit the game, it zooms out and franklin gets up and makes some random comment about the game lol.

It would be so cool for this to happen

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

It sounds cool in theory but in practice it would probably be annoying. I mean if I want to play San Andreas I don't want to load up GTA V and then load SA afterwards. I want to jump straight in to SA. At least make it an option to just have SA separate as well.

JP

Not really sure I'd bother with this game on PS3/360, it's also my least liked GTA to be honest. Give me a GTA HD Collection on the PS4 which includes GTA 3 & Vice City and I'd be in like Flynn.

Cragvis

Wooow, that's some Inception shit right there

yea, and then playing san andreas, as CJ, you sit down at your console at ma's house and load up that older game...

we can go deeper.

It sounds cool in theory but in practice it would probably be annoying. I mean if I want to play San Andreas I don't want to load up GTA V and then load SA afterwards. I want to jump straight in to SA. At least make it an option to just have SA separate as well.

true, especially with the initial load time of gta 5. They should let you get the game separately and if you buy it, you get the gta 5 DLC inclusion for free. Or you can just pay the 1-2$ and just get the gta 5 DLC version. that way everyone is happy.

Flandy

Just bought the Steam version because why not. Anyway to use my PS3 controller with this and to remove the frame limit?

You can get the PC running decently with a few mods (360 controller support, 60FPS, widescreen), but it's a bit of a hassle. Honestly, the main thing that keeps me from going back to the old GTAs (apart from the crazy control schemes) is the lack of checkpoints in missions. I just don't have any room in my life for a game that requires me to repeat huge swathes of gameplay when I screw up. If they fixed that in an updated version I'd be all over it.

Anion

I would rather get it on x360 or even current gen consoles rather than buying it on iOS.

Although, the iOS version has been on my wishlist for some time...

onken

16 : 9, native 720p and a smooth (hopefully 60 ?) framerate would be pretty good too though (for those who've never played it on a half-decent PC).

Unlocking the framerate on PC can break a bunch of stuff (depends on your system) like swimming, some car and flight controls.

abracadaver

I have no idea why anyone would want to play it in a post GTA V world..

I found it hard to play even before GTA V.
I tried to replay it a few days before V was out to get in the mood but I just couldnt stand the controls, graphics and animations. Also the horrible gun sounds.

get arrested 50 times

Who plays GTA like that? I reload my last save whenever I get killed or fail a mission.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Because it's better in a lot of ways and offers something different. It's also obviously worse in a lot of ways, but still well worth playing and super fun. I'd still say San Andreas is more fun to mess around in. Dem cheats.

UrbanRats

Yeah, graphics and controls are just too bad.
I know GTAV's controls also aren't perfect, but c'mon.

I'm still probably gonna play it, if it's a good remaster, for nostalgic reasons.

Storm360

Because this game a shit ton better than GTA V? GTA V is probably the weakest of the 3D ones outside of III, heck, i've had more fun playing Vice City today for a hour than I have in a long time with GTA V

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Because this game a shit ton better than GTA V? GTA V is probably the weakest of the 3D ones outside of III, heck, i've had more fun playing Vice City today for a hour than I have in a long time with GTA V
GTA V worse than GTA IV? I want what you're smoking.

I think GTA V is the best in the series in a lot of ways, but in others San Andreas absolutely smokes it. I'm genuinely not sure which I prefer. V has better executed core mechanics, less filler missions, better physics, a bigger and more detailed world overall even if it had less cities. The addition of wildlife and other things make it the most believable and immersive GTA world yet. It had a more interesting wanted system too and the character switch mechanic was brilliant. But it is true that a certain fun factor from SA is missing. The characters are garbage compared to SA as is the soundtrack and story. SA is more fun to mess around in and makes a better pick up and cause random mayhem game. Missions feel more memorable in SA too and I think V relied too much on scripted sequences. I think both games have their advantages and disadvantages. To be honest I don't even know which is the better game overall.

Storm360

GTA V worse than GTA IV? I want what you're smoking.

I think GTA V is the best in the series in a lot of ways, but in others San Andreas absolutely smokes it. I'm genuinely not sure which I prefer. V has better executed core mechanics, less filler missions, better physics, a bigger and more detailed world overall even if it had less cities. The addition of wildlife and other things make it the most believable and immersive GTA world yet. It had a more interesting wanted system too and the character switch mechanic was brilliant. But it is true that a certain fun factor from SA is missing. The characters are garbage compared to SA as is the soundtrack and story. SA is more fun to mess around in and makes a better pick up and cause random mayhem game. Missions feel more memorable in SA too and I think V relied too much on scripted sequences. I think both games have their advantages and disadvantages. To be honest I don't even know which is the better game overall.

I hated IV when it came out, I replayed it on PC at the start of the year and loved it, even putting 170 hours into it.

GTA V is a missed opportunity to me, I don't care enough to replay it, I find the world boring, I don't like the characters much, and the online has left a permanent bad taste in my mouth, it makes me sad that a developer would deliberately compromise their own game to make money off micro-payments in a AAA title, which is exactly what GTA Online does.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I hated IV when it came out, I replayed it on PC at the start of the year and loved it, even putting 170 hours into it.

GTA V is a missed opportunity to me, I don't care enough to replay it, I find the world boring, I don't like the characters much, and the online has left a permanent bad taste in my mouth, it makes me sad that a developer would deliberately compromise their own game to make money off micro-payments in a AAA title, which is exactly what GTA Online does.
I wont argue about GTA Online. A complete disaster and yes I will admit I had a lot more fun with online in GTA IV. It's an unfun grind with microtransaction bullshit. But I'm sorry but the single player of IV was mediocre and V nukes it from orbit. The world isn't anywhere close to as interesting as V with far less variety in the world and I don't think the characters are any better either. Worse controls and general gameplay mechanics, nowhere near as much fun side content, way worse and boring missions. It looks worse and has a worse soundtrack. I cant think of a single thing IV does as well as V let alone better other than online.

^yeah I can't stand IV after V... SA and VC, those I can still replay for nostalgia and the 'feels', the music... But going back to the gunplay, missions, and graphics of IV and I end up quiting again so fast and just replaying V a Nth time. That said, if I had IV on PC then this wouldn't be a problem because there are some awesome gameplay and texture mods for IV. But on the PS3, I just can't get into it. Same with how random all the sub-plots are... I like that, whether it's good or bad quality, V is a much more focused plot.

Anyhow, as for GTA SA...

I read the Rockstar Newswire, check Social Club, etc basically every day, multiple times a day. And it's not unusual for R* to have an update once in a while that's a tribute or something to SA, RDR, etc. Usually a bunch of RDR themed maps or something once in a while.

But this week, R* has had updates almost every single day for GTA SA's anniversary, and there's yet another one this morning, and it struck me as unusual even for an anniversary. They're really rolling out a lot of small fan updates by their typical standards...

I'm not sure what that means for a re-release of SA but it does seem to me that they have above average amounts of things planned this week for SA.

Top Bottom