• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
RIP. Bought Mafex Amazing Spiderman because I got super hype and I didn't like the upcoming Spiderman Figuarts' look.

Cracked shoulder socket that makes it super easy for the ball joint to pop off.

I hate Medicom.

The MAFEX Homecoming figure will come out and be beautiful and have no QC problems. You just guaranteed it.

Has anyone ever ordered from the Pokemon Center? If yes do any of you know if they do authorization holds on pre-orders? I just found out that the Kotobukiya Lillie and Nendoroid Lillie are available to preorder from them but I'm not getting paid til tomorrow.

Bii

Has anyone ever ordered from the Pokemon Center? If yes do any of you know if they do authorization holds on pre-orders? I just found out that the Kotobukiya Lillie and Nendoroid Lillie are available to preorder from them but I'm not getting paid til tomorrow.

Yes, I have and yes, there is a pre-authorization charge.

The Kotobukiya and Nendroid Lillies have been up for a bit for preorder; plus, they're manufacturing enough to satisy all preorders that are placed. So you should be okay with preordering tomorrow.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
My spray booth is now fully armed and operational. Just waiting on some lighting that's in the mail so I can actually see in there.
Much custom toy goodness to come.

deal

First 4 Figure's Link figure is on Amazon .com for $50US plus shipping and taxes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071H47W6K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

811A56xM3BL._SL1500_.jpg

LiK

BBTS flat rate $4 shipping is awesome. I screwed up and accidentally made a new order for shipping now instead of adding it to my Pile of Loot. I had a HT Drax in the Pile. Oh well.

TAJ

Having just seen Spider-Man: Homecoming...

What's looking to be the best 6-inch figure of the movie suit? Marvel Legends? Mafex? Figuarts?

In theory MAFEX but sometimes their final product falls significantly short of the prototype.
But the Vulture BAF is seriously cool, so maybe just buy a Homecoming Legends case and be done with it.
Some things to consider...
The Japanese Figuarts release is sold out and the domestic Figuarts release from Bluefin costs a hundred fucking dollars.

I'm hoping they go for Bayonetta 1 for the designs rather than Bayonetta 2. Ditto for Metal Gear Solid and designs from the first Metal Gear Solid game.

How are they with face sculpts? The upcoming Crash Bandicoot PVC is the first thing I've ever ordered from them.

Bloodember

I usually use that when I get soundtracks from cdJapan. That's about how long it takes.

I normally have everything shipped EMS, since I hate to wait. But i didn't get that option. My Nendoroids Kyo Ren and Boba Fett and Figma Snow Miku: Fluffy Coat ver should be here Monday. Those where shipped EMS.

jackdoe

How are they with face sculpts? The upcoming Crash Bandicoot PVC is the first thing I've ever ordered from them.
The Youtube vids for the Link figure looks pretty good. But I'm personally not too concerned with face sculpts for videogame characters. I'm sure these licenses come with the ability to use the actual 3D models from the game as a base.

Bloodember

So you are a follower of the Diggeh school of figure collecting?

LOL, no I don't buy everything, but shipping EMS, I do that because it's fast, usaully not more the $8 more than other shipping methods, and piece of mind that I know I'll get it.

As of now I only get Figma Hatsune Miku's, Star Wars Nendoroids, certain Supergirl and Harley Quinn statues and figures, and lastly figures I really want (which means I can't see not having it, which isn't many per say).

dankir

I don't care how much it costs, how difficult it is to make, I. NEED. A. HOT. TOYS. 1/6. VULTURE. FIGURE.

Goddamn what a fucking movie!!!!!!!

LiK

Hope it's Dark Souls quality and not the Mega Man/Sonic ones. Those are hideous.

The Youtube vids for the Link figure looks pretty good. But I'm personally not too concerned with face sculpts for videogame characters. I'm sure these licenses come with the ability to use the actual 3D models from the game as a base.

Depends. FromSoftware didn't provide F4F with any in-game assets so they sculpted him from scratch by looking at art. Still amazes me how good it came out.

I think faces are pretty important. They can definitely make or break a statue for me.

Depends. FromSoftware didn't provide F4F with any in-game assets so they sculpted him from scratch by looking at art. Still amazes me how good it came out.

Are we talking about Artorias or Sif? Either way, I think it's easier to wing it with non-human characters or characters that wear armor because things are more symmetrical. Why do you think Kotobukiya released so many god damned Stormtrooper variants recently for their ArtFX+ line before they finally started doing the Episode VII heroes? Masks are easier to sculpt than human faces.

LiK

I think faces are pretty important. They can definitely make or break a statue for me.

Are we talking about Artorias or Sif? Either way, I think it's easier to wing it with non-human characters or characters that wear armor because things are more symmetrical. Why do you think Kotobukiya released so many god damned Stormtrooper variants recently for their ArtFX+ line before they finally started doing the Episode VII heroes? Masks are easier to sculpt than human faces.

Artorias for sure cuz they talked about it in their video about him. Dunno about Sif but I assume it's the same thing. Don't think From would send them files for one character and not the other. But yea, From faces are kinda meh.

jackdoe

Oh, I completely agree. The faces are the most important part of any figure and it's the reason I pay for Hot Toys figures. I just think it's a lot harder to screw up if they get the actual 3D assets. It's when people are trying to translate 2D concept art or production photos to 3D that I really start to worry.

Artorias for sure cuz they talked about it in their video about him. Dunno about Sif but I assume it's the same thing. Don't think From would send them files for one character and not the other. But yea, From faces are kinda meh.
I can only imagine if companies made 1:1 accurate figures of From Software and Bethesda titles. It would be gloriously awful.

LiK

Oh, I completely agree. The faces are the most important part of any figure and it's the reason I pay for Hot Toys figures. I just think it's a lot harder to screw up if they get the actual 3D assets. It's when people are trying to translate 2D concept art or production photos to 3D that I really start to worry.

I can only imagine if companies made 1:1 accurate figures of From Software and Bethesda titles. It would be gloriously awful.

Seems only Gwyn's daughters look good. Miss Boobs and Egg girl.

Messi

Prediction for Thor Rag. We get

Thor short hair
Hulk
Loki

Nothing else. Definitely not hela. I'd love her and Heimdall. But I'm all in. Need a new Thor, Loki and Hulk

Top Bottom