• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

Which retailer? I got nothing from BBTS but i don't recall them emailing about delays.

Do they send out e-mails for delays? I have something with them that they delayed without me even knowing.

figma BotW Link when? I know we've had no shortage of Link figures and I'd really like to see a greater variety of characters being represented but dammit... I don't want to have to settle for that World of Nintendo BotW Link... need a figma asap to satisfy me. I'll get the nendo as a short-term solution though.

There's always the Medicom RAH version.

d16f82bc07374717bfece1cdba56d8b8.jpg

jackdoe

I doubt they are doing one as the BvS one is so late and the figure would essentially be the same.
They released Batman twice (BvS and SS) and were planning on releasing Vision twice (AoU and CW), so Hot Toys has no problems releasing the same figure twice with slightly different accessories.

Snaku

Banned
They released Batman twice (BvS and SS) and were planning on releasing Vision twice (AoU and CW), so Hot Toys has no problems releasing the same figure twice with slightly different accessories.

Plus WW is the new hotness, ton of money to make off her popularity right now.

Nah, seriously
Squall from VIII at release was about $34 imported.
Local comic shop got Yuna, Selphie and Rinoa around release for about $24.99.
Vincent Valentine was $30 something.
Axel and Sora were in the $20 range.

Even this
NEOGDS-60789.jpg

was $59.99 at the comic shop near release.

Suppose it makes sense. Going by £ they were a little more but makes sense after the retailer markup at that time.

But yeah, now they are crazy expensive. I just received the Bring Arts Sora which cost me around £60 after all is said and done. I haven't opened it just yet, but it looks okay in the box - just a smaller scale version of their PAK. Going to give it a proper look over the weekend.

Someone found the new basic Justice League figures at some store in Rhode Island: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3029630#p3029630

They're not supposed to hit stores until August 12th. I expected them to start showing up early, but not over a month early...

The detail, paint, and articulation are definitely improved over the Batman v Superman basic figures. They also have cloth capes instead of the weird soft vinyl plastic ones those had, too.

Suppose it makes sense. Going by £ they were a little more but makes sense after the retailer markup at that time.

But yeah, now they are crazy expensive. I just received the Bring Arts Sora which cost me around £60 after all is said and done. I haven't opened it just yet, but it looks okay in the box - just a smaller scale version of their PAK. Going to give it a proper look over the weekend.

I'd absolutely kill for
378px-Leon_KHII.png

in that series, if they did i'd buy all of them.

Still can't believe the Kingdom Hearts version of Squall hasn't gotten a single figure.

KyleCross

Has anyone ever not bought a figure of a character they like in favor of one they like less just because it's bigger? That just happened to me with an upcoming release of Koneko from Highschool DXD. Koneko is my favorite character from the series, but due to her small size in scale with the other characters in combination with her pose her figure is only 4.5 inches tall, whereas Akeno is 11.9 inches tall for the same price. Despite liking Koneko way more than Akeno, I just can't bring myself to buy her when I can spend the same price and get a way bigger figure. I feel silly.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Has anyone ever not bought a figure of a character they like in favor of one they like less just because it's bigger? That just happened to me with an upcoming release of Koneko from Highschool DXD. Koneko is my favorite character from the series, but due to her small size in scale with the other characters in combination with her pose her figure is only 4.5 inches tall, whereas Akeno is 11.9 inches tall for the same price. Despite liking Koneko way more than Akeno, I just can't bring myself to buy her when I can spend the same price and get a way bigger figure. I feel silly.

The opposite.
I don't want large-scale figures otherwise I would have bought some 1/4 NECA TMNT.
I want 1/10 versions badly but they'd just be heavily scalped SDCC exclusives so I guess it doesn't matter if they make any.
I'd pay the scalper-level prices for those if NECA's MSRP was just that high, (basically if the figures were overpriced) but I have a major problem with rewarding scalpers.

Apharmd

RIP. Bought Mafex Amazing Spiderman because I got super hype and I didn't like the upcoming Spiderman Figuarts' look.

Cracked shoulder socket that makes it super easy for the ball joint to pop off.

I hate Medicom.

Top Bottom