• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

DDq1fAYVoAAo0ml.jpg:large

sdkjlsdkjlsdfkljsdfkfr dat painted sample

I suck at Bloodborne but this is a must buy for me

Messi

What if Haloid finally gets the Hulkbuster and he goes to take it out of the shipper and it falls on him crushing him. He would just disappear and we would never hear from him again and I would be free to buy all the Harley figures hassle free. Not wishing for it to happen but it's a legitimate concern.

What if Haloid finally gets the Hulkbuster and he goes to take it out of the shipper and it falls on him crushing him. He would just disappear and we would never hear from him again and I would be free to buy all the Harley figures hassle free. Not wishing for it to happen but it's a legitimate concern.

That would mean I could actively haunt you Messi. I'm game if you are.

Messi's not a quitter.

That's the damn truth.

Is homeless a form of quitting? Cause he's gonna get there.

NEO0MJ

Looks like PE Origin Leonidas has been silently delayed, boo. I'm so mad I could buy another figure!

Just kidding.

I don't see the Hunter Figma selling out. Seems like GSC makes enough of them these days. Hopefully no GSC store exclusive.

Also, Ken action figure is accurate. He's just as ugly as the game counterpart.

FIGURE-023222.jpg

God I hate his dumb face

Watching so many Kens in S1 was awful because he legit does not have a costume where he doesn't look like garbage. This figure even has the golden flower yellow pasta hair

AColdDay

Does anyone know when they are going to release a Breath of the Wild World of Nintendo toy? I am going to try to pick one up for my little boy when it releases. The Skyward Sword figure is going for like 30 bucks on Amazon :(

Does anyone know when they are going to release a Breath of the Wild World of Nintendo toy? I am going to try to pick one up for my little boy when it releases. The Skyward Sword figure is going for like 30 bucks on Amazon :(

ToyWiz says it was supposed to be out last month, but it hasn't popped up anywhere yet. But it was announced and shown off, so it should be out soon...I hope.

5uw54a6rt8jy.jpg

God I hate his dumb face

Watching so many Kens in S1 was awful because he legit does not have a costume where he doesn't look like garbage. This figure even has the golden flower yellow pasta hair

His costume is great. His face and the hair texture/graphics (I don't mind the style itself) far from it, though. Speaking of the game specifically. Don't care too much about Storm's figures though.

ToyWiz says it was supposed to be out last month, but it hasn't popped up anywhere yet. But it was announced and shown off, so it should be out soon...I hope.

5uw54a6rt8jy.jpg
I have ToyWiz near me, about a 30 min drive from where i am in NJ. seems the B&M store now only has board/card game events set up there with a few comics and figures along the wall. i guess all their stuff is in a warehouse for online stuff.

jackdoe

ToyWiz absolutely is terrible as an online store. I ordered an item that was in stock and they cancelled the order a week later without an explanation of any kind. Reading their complaints online at BBB and other retailer review aggregates, it's something they do frequently.

ToyWiz absolutely is terrible as an online store. I ordered an item that was in stock and they cancelled the order a week later without an explanation of any kind. Reading their complaints online at BBB and other retailer review aggregates, it's something they do frequently.

They have a store and a warehouse. The website is run out of the warehouse, but when I used to go to the shop to buy comics every week (before going digital) I remember one of the guys frequently running to the warehouse to grab things for the store. Cancellations may have been a stock issue related to that.

Sawneeks

Banned
Bloodborne Doll 1/6 scale statue
We are very excited to announce that the key character of Bloodborne, "Doll," is recreated as 1/6 scale statue. The body is perfectly balanced; moreover, the dress and accessories are faithfully sculpted, being thoroughly supervised by FromSoftware.
Price: US$299.99
Size: 35cm (1/6 scale)
Material: PVC/ABS
Release: Late Sep.~ Oct. 2017
More info: http://www.gecco.co.jp/sheet/sheet-doll-en.html

19657133_1944888525755911_4211805926087766859_n.jpg

19656925_1944888625755901_5154792049521080488_n.jpg

19702470_1944888712422559_6023117650315863167_n.jpg

For some reason I find it funny she is taller than the Hunter statue.

Do Gecco figures look better in person than the pics let on? Their prices used to be reasonable when they were doing the Silent Hill line, then the prices got batshit insane. Now $300 per figure is standard for them.

Sawneeks

Banned
Wasn't it the same in-game?

Edit: Yep

Huh. I don't remember it being that much of a size difference but I guess so lol

Do Gecco figures look better in person than the pics let on? Their prices used to be reasonable when they were doing the Silent Hill line, then the prices got batshit insane. Now $300 per figure is standard for them.

I can only speak for the Hunter statue but I think they look better than the photos. The statue looks fantastic in person, in the photos it almost looks like the lighting they are using isn't soft enough and it makes everything look too sharp.

Like here's a Promo Shot for the Hunter:

And here's a photo during an event:

The more 'natural' lighting for the event photo looks a lot better than the official shot imo

Sawneeks

Banned
$300 though? That's some polystone-level pricing. Not PVC.

FromSoftware mark-up is a helluva thing. Almost all of their Dark Souls/Bloodborne statues run for ridiculous price tags, honestly kinda surprise this isn't higher.

Probably gonna pass on it myself. Something about her shawl just looks off to me.

FromSoftware mark-up is a helluva thing. Almost all of their Dark Souls/Bloodborne statues run for ridiculous price tags, honestly kinda surprise this isn't higher.

Probably gonna pass on it myself. Something about her shawl just looks off to me.

That's not it. Quiet from MGS and Guts were around the same price. Ultraman was even more expensive.

I don't see the Hunter Figma selling out. Seems like GSC makes enough of them these days. Hopefully no GSC store exclusive.

Also, Ken action figure is accurate. He's just as ugly as the game counterpart.

FIGURE-023222.jpg

This is an amazing line, but I just can't make myself buy this Ken.

Sushigod7

I had the MGS Ground Zeroes Snake for awhile it was pretty awesome wish I would have snagged a Hunter the prices are flipper level now.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
About when they stopped looking like they came out of a Hasbro factory.

Like I said a while back, their Star Trek figures were $90 and were sub-Mattel quality. For reference that's $20 higher than Mezco's MSRP for their One:12 Trek line.

Yo, when the hell did Play Arts get so expensive?
$20-$30

$50-$60

$129.99

$20? On a sale, maybe.

But yeah, they're just keep getting more and more expensive and bigger. And a little uglier for most things not FF/KH.

I'm glad KHII Sora is getting an SHF release. Hopefully it does well enough to start getting more KH, like Terra, and eventually FF on that line (or Figma, I'm okay with either). PAK are just overpriced for what they are.

That said, Aqua does look good...

Rootbeer

Banned
figma BotW Link when? I know we've had no shortage of Link figures and I'd really like to see a greater variety of characters being represented but dammit... I don't want to have to settle for that World of Nintendo BotW Link... need a figma asap to satisfy me. I'll get the nendo as a short-term solution though.

Yo, when the hell did Play Arts get so expensive?
$20-$30

$50-$60

$129.99
Don't buy 'em.

Send a message that they need to focus on their new Bring Arts line, which is in a way more accessible scale and price-range.

The KHIII Bring Arts Sora just released is pretty great, scales well with your figma/shf collection and won't break the bank.

We need more.

Video Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXrwAjTWKM

Top Bottom