• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Blizzard In 2011 Or 2+ In 2012, CoD f2p, [Up: Neversoft New IP?]

No_Style

sam27368 said:
They did the exact same with GH. But this time it's worse, not only is it going to destroy a brand, it's going to destroy a genre.

I think the first person shooter genre is a bit more resilient than that.

Unless we're considering Call of Duty games a genre on its own.

In before: shitty P2P FPS remarks

domlolz

Banned
profit profit profit profit 500 people unemployed profit profit profit profit shareholders profit profit sell sell sell profit fart shareholders are pleased profit profit profit

domlolz

Banned
smokeymicpot said:
Cod free to play is odd. Guess you are gonna are gonna need to pay for the guns.

each virtual bullet costs just 5 kotixs! and for 2 extra kotix you can customise the colour and even add a humourous message to your bullet!

Pooya

V_Ben said:
Man... that's almost depressing. Hey, they did make Pandemonium though! So they have some experience with platformers :D

supererogatory said:
To be fair to Spyro, Toys for Bob seem to be really excited about, so it could potentially be a good game.
And they've constatly said it is remiscent of their "classic" games. So there's that.

maybe it's good, you never know.

V_Ben

Banned
miladesn said:
maybe it's good, you never know.
Im keeping an open mind :) For a licensed game, the madagascar stuff wasn't bad. If they're excited, then I am :)

Now I want a new crash though.

I hope by classic they mean classic Spyro. I'm sick of the Legend series, DOTD was good, but it's been too long since we last saw classic Spyro.

I imagine with the cancellation of Guitar Hero they will come up with something insipid like cooking hero or babysitter hero to release this fall.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Like this Activision.

star_control_ii_coverfubb.jpg

Feel free to replace the guy with Spyro.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
"Should we not release a major title from Blizzard this year, we would expect for planning purposes to launch a minimum of two Blizzard titles in 2012."
so D3 and SC2 xpac in 2012.

Lothars

Haunted said:
Also, Diablo III and Heart of the Swarm next year (or one of them this year) = hot!

Yeah I have no doubt that Diablo III will be released this year in the summer time I suspect.

I'm suprised that they aren't doing COD free to play here. They would make loads of money. I guess they figured that most people will still buy the $60 game and then buy as many of the $15 map packs as possible. They should at least make the maps compatible between the games.

Darklord

Banned
mjc said:
I'm so tired of waiting for Blizzard games. Goddamnit.

While I'm all for waiting to get the best possible game do they have to announce them sooooo early? They should have announced Diablo 3 at the latest Blizzcon. Not 3 years ago. Why announce it then go quiet for years?

Naeblish

Darklord said:
While I'm all for waiting to get the best possible game do they have to announce them sooooo early? They should have announced Diablo 3 at the latest Blizzcon. Not 3 years ago. Why announce it then go quiet for years?
Yeah i hate it too. Complete bullshit to announce it so early and have people waiting for a game for 3+ years. FROM software does it perfect with Dark Souls, a year before release.

Hari Seldon

Blizzard games are fun and well polished but unless you get into the multiplayer they are not worth the wait imo. I beat SC2 in like 2 weeks and haven't touched it since. That was not worth the wait for me. I will probably ignore D3 since I don't give a fuck about loot whoring anymore.

domlolz said:
each virtual bullet costs just 5 kotixs! and for 2 extra kotix you can customise the colour and even add a humourous message to your bullet!

They will most likely block progression and have a cap at level 5 or whatever unless you pay. You will probably pay for perks, clothing/armor customizations, use of vehicles, bullet types, and of course additional maps.

Bizzyb

Banned
Has this been Mentioned?

New Spider-Man for 2011

Didn't Shattered Dimensions JUST come out a few months ago?
This has to be the worst run company ever.

Seriously, if it were not for Blizzard and IW's genius, this company would be dead by now. I bet if they had it their way they would release a new WOW expansion every 6 months

Bizzyb said:
Has this been Mentioned?

New Spider-Man for 2011

Didn't Shattered Dimensions JUST come out a few months ago?
This has to be the worst run company ever.

Seriously, if it were not for Blizzard and IW's genius, this company would be dead by now. I bet if they had it their way they would release a new WOW expansion every 6 months

I thought the Spiderman game was at least popular.

Top Bottom