• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time (DS, 3DS) will be like Zelda 2

CorvoSol

ahaha, Phil's such a tease.

LTTP but this looks like a GOTY candidate to me, cannot wait.

ps Faxandu was fun in the day, but the kind've fun that ages poorly and there's no way id recommend it now nor call it a classic, i'm guessing.

TAKE IT BACK.

I've been playing Faxanadu this month. That game was my first non-Metroid Metroidvania, and it's catchy theme song is written in the depths of my brain. Faxanadu is awesome.

IrishNinja

is it your first time playing it?

i tell you what, ive got the cart somewhere about here. ill try it again tonight and eat my words if im wrong, man!

5amshift

Banned
I'm ready for this. I know there probably won't be a demo on the eShop, but I'll wait for reviews and video feed first.

CorvoSol

is it your first time playing it?

i tell you what, ive got the cart somewhere about here. ill try it again tonight and eat my words if im wrong, man!

Nah, it's the other way around. I'm probably blinded by the fact that I loved it when I was 8. Still, the song is catchy as all heck.

I think I just love the genre, really. Platforming RPGs are a lot of fun for me, and I wish there were more of them nowadays. I mean, I guess Metroid and the Zero series were similar, and I've heard Castlevania is exactly this, but I suck at Castlevania games so hard.

I just know Faxanadu is like, one of the games I loved to pieces as a kid. I've never played anything else in that series, though.

Nah, it's the other way around. I'm probably blinded by the fact that I loved it when I was 8. Still, the song is catchy as all heck.

I think I just love the genre, really. Platforming RPGs are a lot of fun for me, and I wish there were more of them nowadays. I mean, I guess Metroid and the Zero series were similar, and I've heard Castlevania is exactly this, but I suck at Castlevania games so hard.

By Castlevania, which games are you referring to, the Classicvanias or the Metroidvanias (SotN onward)?

I just know Faxanadu is like, one of the games I loved to pieces as a kid. I've never played anything else in that series, though.

You mean the Xanadu series?

CorvoSol

By Castlevania, which games are you referring to, the Classicvanias or the Metroidvanias (SotN onward)?

You mean the Xanadu series?

I mean the ones starting on the GBA onward. And I guess, yeah, Xanadu. I just remember hearing that Faxanadu was part of a bigger series.

Didn't want to create a new thread for this as there's hardly anything real solid for this yet, but when I went to pre-order the 3DS version of this at GameStop today, it turned out there was a Collector's Edition for the game in their systems, which I don't believe was known about/announced yet (sorry if it was and I missed it somewhere). The entry for it didn't have any specific details yet, but it was only $10 more than the normal 3DS version, and since the normal version was only $30 to start with, I decided to go for it and see what ends up happening. For proof:
KB03V.jpg

Wonder what will end up being included in it--obviously it won't be anything too substantial for only a $10 difference, but I'm still naturally curious...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stickers and an art book or something. I can't think of a single substantial CE for a handheld

maybe some AR cards

Just noticed that there were a few new screenshots of the game added to its Amazon page. Nothing real major, but it's still looking good:
zZPpC.jpg

PTLEA.jpg

Gkaaq.jpg

Most interesting thing about them I guess is how in the Princess Bubblegum image, you can see Finn's actual sword in the HUD instead of the generic one in the artwork in the first post, so that should hopefully mean that won't be a problem after all, as some people were worried about a little way's back in this thread.

Other than that though, seems to be looking great and I can just imagine what the 3D effect will be like in the 3rd pic on the 3DS version. Can't wait~

Poyunch

So I don't understand how the scaling is going to work? Are they developing the game with two different assets for the different platforms or is one of the games going to get a crappy up-res/down-resed port?

watershed

Banned
Those new screens look sweet. I was a little worried about how they would handle the top down zelda style map but it looks great.

@MUWANdo

Banned
So I don't understand how the scaling is going to work? Are they developing the game with two different assets for the different platforms or is one of the games going to get a crappy up-res/down-resed port?

I daresay the 3DS was the lead platform and the DS version will be the same but cropped.

There isn't really enough difference between the resolutions of the two systems for any "up/down-resing".

Poyunch

I daresay the 3DS was the lead platform and the DS version will be the same but cropped.

There isn't really enough difference between the resolutions of the two systems for any "up/down-resing".

As long as my 3DS version remains untouched. DS plebs better not ruin my game!

FillerB

Wonder what will end up being included in it--obviously it won't be anything too substantial for only a $10 difference, but I'm still naturally curious...

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3d...u-steal-our-garbage-collectors-edition/103210

- Collectable SteelBook packaging with artwork of the Enchiridion - no printing on the outside of the package! The Enchiridion is a Hero's Handbook' carried by Finn
- Custom stylus of Finn's Gold Sword
- Exclusive art book with Pen's drawings and activity book (content TBD)
- Fold out poster of the Land of Ooo

Pretty nice for just a tenner more.

Amir0x

Banned
ohmyglobohmyglobohmyglob

those screenshots look amazing

Edit: And they're releasing a cool ass collector's edition with Finn's inconic gold sword stylus? MATHEMATICAL!

*sigh* I had forgotten about this... Is it even announced yet? The show is broadcast on several European countries, but I don't think it's "big" on any of them.

Its pretty big on Spain, kids watch it in Boing (my small cousins watch it and love it, and so does their friends) and adults watch it online (all the friends that surround me watch it, and im not talking about a small number, and also lots of people online that I dont know IRL). The funny thing is that the majority love more the spanish dub than the english one.
I like it, not to the amount of love that all the people I know do (I prefer MLP lol), but Ive only watch the episodes I can catch on Boing when they dont repeat Doraemon for the bazillion time, taking timeslots that could be used for much better series.
The translation is REALLY good, and the dub is rather competent with some great voices, so I understand why people love it.
Im not talking of pretty big like things like Inazuma Eleven for 11 year old kids or shitty Monster High for girls, but is pretty big to have a following and it has a broader audience, that is really what good cartoons need to have.

I suppose countires like France have a similar following, the shows and audiences for Cartoons are pretty similar in France and Spain.

As its a boxed game from a Cartoon Network show its going to see a realese in Europe, I dont doubt that in the slightlest.

MarkusRJR

I've only watched 5 episodes of this show, but I keep hearing it's super good. Should I buy the first season on DVD?

Oh, and this game looks fantastic.

I've only watched 5 episodes of this show, but I keep hearing it's super good. Should I buy the first season on DVD?

Oh, and this game looks fantastic.

Season 1 and 3 is very good so go for it! Not much to say about season 2 except for only a few good episodes. Looking forward to playing this game!

Did anyone else pick this up? I'm playing it and laughing at some of the dialog. It's hilarious. Fun gameplay too. Very Zelda 2 like.

Top Bottom