• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Fox News, Louisiana's governor Bobby Jindal doubles down on UK's "no-go zones"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Why was that one Fox News anchor holding back laughter when she was apologising?

I'd bring him a map and ask him to point to where the UK is

He was in London during that interview. I say we make the UK a "no-go" area for him in particular since he thinks it's so terrible here.

Remember when certain republicans and supporters openly supported the IRA?

I know this hasn't really got an obvious connection to this idiot's statement, but you know, these guys are fine ones to talk about no-go zones given their past sponsorship of no-go zones based upon religious segregation. Fuck 'em.

hahaha jesus christo these people are hilarious

Jindal is always a trip. I love when he was trying to diss federal spending on Volcano Monitoring as proof of "excess federal spending", and then some politicians representing districts in the shadow of Mount St. Helens and other US volcanoes was like "no fuck YOU Jindal."
A few weeks after he complained about that, there was an actual volcanic eruption in Alaska.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/u-s-volcano-monitors-laugh-last/?_r=0

lednerg

But pressed for specific examples of such no-go zones, Jindal demurred, saying he had met with "elected officials and others" to discuss them and noted a report in UK tabloid the Daily Mail that purported to highlight the challenges facing law enforcement in such areas.​

I'm sure this part is true.

Condom

I can't say enough how much I hate Bobby Jindal. He has ruined a state that already had a bunch of problems on a quixotic quest to become the republican nominee, and in doing so, he has shown that republican ideas are extremely unpopular, even among republicans.
To be fair, rightwing policies always end up unpopular under rightwing voters. Can't expect a better life if you want everyone to leave you rotting.

LOL at this guy wanting to be President.

I truly cringe everytime I hear talks about Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Ben Carson, and Bobby Jindal on the stage.

The GOP should only have:

Rand Paul
Scott Walker
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie

I truly cringe everytime I hear talks about Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Ben Carson, and Bobby Jindal on the stage.

Rand Paul
Scott Walker
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie

rubio1.gif

Josephl64

Rand Paul
Scott Walker
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie

Jon Huntsman was one of the better nominees on the R side for president last time. Shame he got nowhere close.

Link

The Autumn Wind

Rand Paul
Scott Walker
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie
Even that list is pretty reprehensible.

XenodudeX

Rand Paul
Scott Walker
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie

Man this country is fucked

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I remember when this nincompoop was touted as the rights answer to Obama. Then he had to give the response to the state of the union and the entire nation on both sides collectively facepalmed.

Laekon

Jindal was also unable to offer examples during an earlier interview with CNN's Max Foster, saying that he's "heard from folks here that there are neighborhoods where women don't feel comfortable going in without veils...We all know that there are neighborhoods where police are less likely to go into."

That sounds like a big improvement over parts of New Orleans and almost ever major city in the US were women (and men) don't feel safe no matter what they are wearing.

liquidtmd

Banned
But pressed for specific examples of such no-go zones, Jindal demurred, saying he had met with "elected officials and others" to discuss them and noted a report in UK tabloid the Daily Mail...

Lohanspittingdrink.gif

I don't try to criticize people for intelligence much, but Bobby Jindal shows why intellectual pedigree means jack. He is a Rhodes scholar and Ted Cruz went to Harvard Law School. Jindal is a whole new class of crazy. Why the hell this moron is doubling down on the no-go claims after Cameron laid the smack down on that Fox News journalist baffles me.

LOL at quoting the Daily Mail

Can't wait to see Hillary wipe the floor with this pathetic GOP field after their sure to be entertaining primary.

Chichikov

Rand Paul
Scott Walker
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie
Paul Walker 2016.
Believe.

vVkrhiE.gif

jmood88

Jesus fuck don't let that college dropout asshole anywhere near a higher seat of power than he already has

no no no
I still have no idea how he wasn't recalled. He did nothing but promise jobs during the campaign and hasn't come close to accomplishing the one thing he said he would.

Bobby Jindal might honestly be one of the worst governors of all time. I honestly can't think of a single positive thing he's accomplished and can think of about 10 horrendous things he's done to Louisiana. The fact that another dumbfuck will likely be elected governor means that the state will wallow in failure for years to come.

But pressed for specific examples of such no-go zones, Jindal demurred, saying he had met with "elected officials and others" to discuss them and noted a report in UK tabloid the Daily Mail that purported to highlight the challenges facing law enforcement in such areas.

He also mentioned whole cities "where non-Muslims simply don't go in," in particular the city of Birmingham in the United Kingdom.

Stupid cunt.

"I knew by speaking the truth we were gonna make people upset," Jindal told Blitzer.

"I knew by speaking the truth we were gonna make people upset,"

by speaking the truth

the truth

Doubly stupid cunt.

spekkeh

Banned
I don't think this is as demonstrably false as saying that Birmingham is 100% Muslim. There are parts of e.g. South London that feel like the banlieues. Did we already forget about the riots a few years ago? Though it's obviously not as no-go as Jersey City I mean come on.

I don't think this is as demonstrably false as saying that Birmingham is 100% Muslim. There are parts of e.g. South London that feel like the banlieues. Did we already forget about the riots a few years ago? Though it's obviously not as no-go as Jersey City I mean come on.

If you want to list those parts, I'd be willing to try and pop down at some point and see if they really are no-go zones.

Because this all reeks of bullshit, it's the standard I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that you're not allowed to walk down this specific street or walk in this specific area as the locals will come out and harass you.

ivysaur12

Banned

Rand Paul
Scott Walker
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie

All 5 of those people are terrible.

Alx

Well, that's straight from the book. "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

This guy surely has heard of Southall. It's basically full of non-integrated Indians, UK's Little India.

It's rich for a Hindu/Sikh Indian to focus on Muslims when much of his own Hindu/Sikh kin also have integration issues.

Note that I'm not saying no-go zones. That kind of hyperbolic language shoukd be reserved for actual fucked up places.

He looks like shit, aged worse than obama during his presidency.

Must be stressfull having to lie to yourself and everyone else everyday.

spekkeh

Banned
If you want to list those parts, I'd be willing to try and pop down at some point and see if they really are no-go zones.

Because this all reeks of bullshit, it's the standard I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that you're not allowed to walk down this specific street or walk in this specific area as the locals will come out and harass you.
It kind of depends on your definition of no-go area. It's obviously a needlessly hyperbolic term for a certain political message. In my interpretation of the term as it is used I don't think it's meant to imply you'll get shivved for certain (or maybe just to imply for said political gain), just that the population is hostile to outsiders passing through. And that's obviously not something isolated to immigrants, but also chavs or any other close knit poor community. When twenty years ago my very touristy looking family missed a subway stop past central park and a friendly guy told us we'd best stay in the station and take the first train back, I don't think he'd mean we'd be robbed for certain in Harlem, just, you know, don't take any chances. And I don't think any part of London is as bad as that even.

SmokyDave

There definitely is a nugget of truth to all this. There were the Sharia patrols arrested in London, and they are documented on video harrassing gay people, women, and people buying alcohol. There was the Labour politician (Jack Straw?) who was heckled a few years ago and told to leave as he was in a muslim area. There are isolated pockets of these areas that, whilst not strictly 'no-go', do have little Choudary disciples doing their thing.

Saying there's absolutely no truth to any of this is about as honest as saying the UK is full of Sharia Zones.

Maledict

It isn't - crime in London is very low for a city of its size. Recently I was at a conference on Gang violence, and the American speakers thought it quite amusing that the worse borough in London for gang violence would be ranked as one of the safest in an American city.

Also, to the poster above talking about the riots from a couple of years ago. I live and work in those areas - at 2 in the morning I watched a team demolish the Blockbusters opposite my house to steal the TVs they use to show promo's. I'm guessing you dont actually living in London as saying that they feel like part of the Banleius is an astonishingly inaccurate and uninformed thing to say. It's as misinformed as saying Birmingham is a no go city.

... Jindal demurred, saying he had met with "elected officials and others" to discuss them and noted a report in UK tabloid the Daily Mail ...

Pretty much tells you what this guy knows about the UK, when his source for information is the Daily Mail. A well-respected, unbiased source. *cough*

Maledict

The thing is, the nutbags running Sharia patrols was one small group of idiots in one borough who were dealt with by the police. Offensive and against the law, and dealt with.

Every day I walk down Brixton high road, fundamentalist Christians screech at me that I'm going to hell because I'm gay. Westminster had to implement a by-law purely to get rid of that dick who stood at Oxford Circus with a megaphone shouting about people going to hell u less they stopped sinnng and accepted the Lord.

What I'm trying to say is, it seems very odd to me to be focussing on one group of offensive extremists who are very small, against a backdrop of a much larger group of extremists who we accept as part of our daily lives. Heck, at least the sharia patrol wasn't putting up pictures of aborted foetus's outside a family planning clinic in one of the poorest areas of london.

jwhit28

It has to be an act right? They are just playing the character they think they have to so they can keep their job.

Baki

Give specific examples or stop spreading bullshit and fear mongering.

Maledict

Give specific examples or stop spreading bullshit and fear mongering.

It's utter shite to be frank and I hope he responds to one of us because as someone who lives and works in the area, and who works in this field, the level of inaccuracy is shocking.

SmokyDave

The thing is, the nutbags running Sharia patrols was one small group of idiots in one borough who were dealt with by the police. Offensive and against the law, and dealt with.

Every day I walk down Brixton high road, fundamentalist Christians screech at me that I'm going to hell because I'm gay. Westminster had to implement a by-law purely to get rid of that dick who stood at Oxford Circus with a megaphone shouting about people going to hell u less they stopped sinnng and accepted the Lord.

What I'm trying to say is, it seems very odd to me to be focussing on one group of offensive extremists who are very small, against a backdrop of a much larger group of extremists who we accept as part of our daily lives. Heck, at least the sharia patrol wasn't putting up pictures of aborted foetus's outside a family planning clinic in one of the poorest areas of london.
Reminds me of this incident.

Perhaps we just need to get 'em all together in a park somewhere and let 'em rant at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom