• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After UC4, what will be Sony's next big exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale: Championship Rumble Edition

I like the sound of this Horizon game people keep mentioning, open world RPG and all that...and the fact that its in my username :3

nib95

Banned
Could be numerous things I suppose.

Media Molecule's new game
Horizon
New God of War
Gran Turismo 7
New Sucker Punch game
A new Quantic Dream title (if that counts)
The Last Guardian (lol)

Last of Us 2 is probably another 2+ years out I reckon. But who knows.

Why do people have faith in Horizon?

Mathis De Jonge is a more experienced director than Steven der Heide.
Lead Writer is John Gonzalez.
They made some hires here and there from CDProjekt Red,etc.
New AAA IP that sounds interesting. People don't immediately gravitate to negativity all the time.

Little big planet 4

I would love to see an LBP 4. However, since LBP 3 on PS4 (and PS3) is backwards compatible with the PS3 games (LBP and LBP 2), I think LBP 4 should be a physics overhaul, since it wouldn't be hamstrung with having to be compatible with the older games' levels. LBP 3 is compatible with those levels, which means LBP 4 shouldn't have to be. If PS4 players want to play the older levels, LBP 3 is there for them. LBP 4 would give whomever develops it a blank canvas.

nib95

Banned
Why do people have faith in Horizon?

The concept looks amazing, and if Killzone 2 is anything to go by, they are capable of making excellent games. I know Shadow Fall's campaign was fairly weak (probably launch title related), but it's multiplayer was actually extremely well done. All in all I reckon Horizon could be great. Then again, like anything really, it could also turn out bad lol.

Fbh

God of War 4, Gran Turismo 7 and the New guerilla IP are probably their high profile releases after Uncharted. With some smaller, yet still fun, titles in between (games of the same style as Rime, The Tomorrow Children, Wild, etc).

Then at some point either The Last of Us 2 or a new Ip from Naughty Dog and I'm crossing my fingers for some big Japanese exclusive, another game with From would be amazing, but I'd also be happy with some other Japanese RPG or action game (some third party dev working with japan studio on something new)

autoduelist

I think it's something we don't know about. Either a major revival or a new IP, but something grand. They need to follow up Bloodborne and then Uncharted 4 with something major.

Honestly it's hard to tell, many of Sony studios are working on new I.P.s which can be hit or miss.

As of right now any of these New I.P. have potential to be their next big exclusive:
GG's New I.P.
QD's New I.P.
MM's New I.P.
Bend's New I.P.
Whatever they are working on at the Japan Studios (always seems like a New I.P.)
Possibly a new I.P. from ND (Seems like we might get another split after Uncharted 4, one team works on TLOU 2, the other on the new I.P.)

As for the safe bets:
Ratchet & Clank Redux (could become bigger than before if the movie succeeds)
Gran Turismo 7 (If PD learns their mistakes from GT5/6)
God of War PS4
inFamous Second Son 2 (SP has it pretty easy, all they need is an intriguing story, better side content, some diversity in missions and more powers)
The Order 1887 (RD does not have it easy, they'll need to blew it out of the park with this sequel)
Bloodborne 2 (Not sure if this could even happen but I want to believe)
LittleBigUniverse (It's just a matter of time)
The Last of Us 2 (It's happening, it'll just take a while)
and of course The Last Guardian (sigh)

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
The next ND game. No other studio (except San Diego) have been consistently knocking out of the park.

What does " big " exclusive even mean really?

High budget and high quality?

Cuz that is extremely rare. Even ND could end up screwing up Uncharted. 4. Highly unlikely but nothing is guaranteed in that department.

Futurematic

Def want a last of us 2 but want a new IP from them as well, some of their staff are creative geniuses. I want to see what else they have

Savage Starlight.

Frankly since the beginning of a generation is the best time to launch new IPs I rather wish they had focused on something new instead of Uncharted 4. Though they made the same mistake with Killzone and Infamous, so I imagine Sony doesn't agree with me.

I do however have likely unrealistic hopes for Horizon, c'mon robot dinosaurs. Which, 100%, my pick for the next big Sony game. (I also wish SSM's game had been better managed, alas.)

Mad Crash, a Mad Max-inspired Crash Team Racing game

XDCEJ9m.gif

paulogy

From the landscape so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the next The Order game blows us away. While RAD has a ways to go to be the next ND, think about the leap from UC1 to UC2? If they can build on what they already have the sequel could be something truly amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom