• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dat LMD tease, we getting robo replicas of people now? Also Coulson talked about the director, is our boi Nick Fury returning?

aight, it was all good anyway

rogue daisy seems cool. like that theyre keeping batiatus around, hes great.

Yep. Can't help but love John Hannah

aBarreras

Dat LMD tease, we getting robo replicas of people now? Also Coulson talked about the director, is our boi Nick Fury returning?

Yep. Can't help but love John Hannah

a friend of mine hates him because well, he is batiatus, but man i really love him for the mummy movies

Easy_D

never left the stone age
a friend of mine hates him because well, he is batiatus, but man i really love him for the mummy movies

Yeah, I like how he's basically playing the same guy, only super smart and chaotic neutral as fuck :lol. Hope he's heavily involved next season.

Quick

Banned
Finally got caught up on two weeks worth of episodes.

The "Fallen Agent" arc felt like it ended abruptly, but the finale with post-Hive-controlled Daisy was good shit. It wasn't like she just snapped back to normal, which would have been a bad way to go about it. I guess the 6-month fast forwarding is meant to show that Daisy was legit shook from it all.

I'm a little disappointed at the Hive vs. Daisy fight- it looked like play fighting, especially with Daisy blasting Hive with some waves.

One of my favourite parts has to be Lincoln and Hive chilling in space, and Lincoln's just out of it, and Hive already accepted defeat. Need a gif of that scene with both of them smoking a cigar or something.

Overall, not a bad finale. I'm definitely in favour of Coulson getting away from the director job. In some ways, I liked the season 1 format where they're a special team that operates remotely from SHIELD headquarters. I wouldn't mind if this is how the show gets back to next season - maybe with the additions of Bobbi and Hunter.

Jonogunn

This show has become 100% meh to me now. I'm just watching just because it's part of the MCU now.

But to fair I feel sort of the same way towards arrow and the flash.

I think it's these low budget shows with the boring dialogue and relationships that bother me.

Man I wish more extras got lines so the team doesn't feel so small. Coulson is such a cry baby over his immediate team but dun give a fuck bout the others

Khaz

Last season Shield really felt like startup-Shield, with its dozen employees and accessible CEO wearing jeans. The few episodes in season 1 in the Shield headquarters made us feel what a big organisation it was, with glass walls everywhere and agents buzzing around. Though we were told Coulson was rebuilding, I didn't feel much difference between the initial settlement and the last episode. More local branch than global organisation.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I was desperately hoping Daisy would bite the dust. She's an increasingly irritating character and really drags the show down with her nonsense and emotional BS. The better episodes were the ones that did not revolve around her.

The writers of this show have absolutely no balls and continually shroud their characters with plot armour and bail them out despite their stupidity. Lash's death was an absolute travesty and don't get started about the Shield agents going hand to hand with the Primitives and winning. Ugh.

Pachimari

Gonna catch up with the 10 episodes. Wow am I behind this season. It honestly lost me in the start, as I though the quality had become worse than Season 2.

Ithil

I was desperately hoping Daisy would bite the dust. She's an increasingly irritating character and really drags the show down with her nonsense and emotional BS. The better episodes were the ones that did not revolve around her.

The writers of this show have absolutely no balls and continually shroud their characters with plot armour and bail them out despite their stupidity. Lash's death was an absolute travesty and don't get started about the Shield agents going hand to hand with the Primitives and winning. Ugh.

"If they don't kill off the protagonist randomly, the writers have no balls!".

Pachimari

Just finished Episode 14: Watchdogs. It was an alright one. I liked Mack and his little brother in this, and Skye made a Damage Control mention which I thought was cool. It's just not all that exciting.

Now unto the next episode.

Pachimari

I actually really liked Episode 14 and 15. Ward looks so swell in that coat, and I loved the whole fight between Skye and Malick. Not so much the fight, as the cinematography itself though. And the whole space time / future stuff was very interesting.

I'm currently catching up with Gotham too, but I'll watch Episode 16 in a moment.

Anybody mind I brag? I touched Lola once.
coulson-lola.png

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
There was a reference to gang violence erupting in Hell's Kitchen on the news in one episode, but that's all that I can recall.

#ItsAllSortOfConnected and all that jazz. 😞

I don't think the timelines match up, but yeah, there was that.

They also showed a New York Bulletin cover in the finale.

Punjicide

I don't think the timelines match up, but yeah, there was that.

They also showed a New York Bulletin cover in the finale.

Ah, somehow I missed that.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but there was also the New York chapter of the Dogs of Hell in Daredevil season 2.

Hopefully we'll see more substantial ties between AoS and the Netflix shows at some point (and the movies too, although that sounds less likely at the moment).

Edit: And gossi, that is awesome!

gossi

How did you Solid Snake your way past ABC Studios' security? Or do they use the same crew to guard the Millennium Falcon on the set of Episode VIII?

The creators are my real world friends, so I used the friend card to touch Lola. Because really, who wouldn't?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The creators are my real world friends, so I used the friend card to touch Lola. Because really, who wouldn't?

That's pretty cool! (Next, you should casually bring up in conversation that it would be great if Adrienne and Nick would come back to the show, haha.)

So thanks to Netflix, I finally saw the one episode I had missed seeing the first time around. 0-8-4 is in the can.

I forgot the Bus had its own theme song.

Farmboy

Quick question: I probably won't be able to see Captain America Civil War in theaters (I know...) but have the last four Agents of SHIELD S3 episodes ready to watch on DVR. So do they contain any CA:CW spoilers, or even references? Enough that you guys would recommend holding off?

As an indicator, the way the show referenced CA:TWS and even Age of Ultron would be more than enough reason for me to hold off on watching the show until after I've seen the film.

gossi

Quick question: I probably won't be able to see Captain America Civil War in theaters (I know...) but have the last four Agents of SHIELD S3 episodes ready to watch on DVR. So do they contain any CA:CW spoilers, or even references? Enough that you guys would recommend holding off?

As an indicator, the way the show referenced CA:TWS and even Age of Ultron would be more than enough reason for me to hold off on watching the show until after I've seen the film.

It contains references to an element of Civil War. However, I think it's a lite touch - if you've seen the Civil War trailer, you know what they're fighting about anyway.

JustinBB7

Just watch it. Like usual it's nothing. A tiny easter egg mostly. Like gossi said, if you've seen the trailers it's fine. It's seriously only like the first 30 seconds in 1 episode where they directly mention it and then move on.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Eh, blaming it on "shipping" seems really off the mark. Like appealing to the tumblr crowd is really going to boost/stabilize ratings. And to say they stopped trying to make the show better is really insulting.

I thought it was an okay season. I didn't really think it was that unfocused, but first half of the back half was a chore to get through. It's like they basically loaded all their filler episodes in one large dose.

anaron

Eh, blaming it on "shipping" seems really off the mark. Like appealing to the tumblr crowd is really going to boost/stabilize ratings. And to say they stopped trying to make the show better is really insulting.

I thought it was an okay season. I didn't really think it was that unfocused, but first half of the back half was a chore to get through. It's like they basically loaded all their filler episodes in one large dose.

I agree.

I have a lot of issues with the season but there's things the show continued to improve upon and do well.

El Sloth

Banned
Just got through it on Netflix. I'm gonna miss Evil Douche Ward. He was the best. Always kept thing interesting. HiveWard was really really lame in comparison.

Shame that Hunter and Bobby left too, I really enjoyed both those characters and the dynamic they brought to the team. Were there any outside reasons, like a contract dispute maybe?

Shame that Hunter and Bobby left too, I really enjoyed both those characters and the dynamic they brought to the team. Were there any outside reasons, like a contract dispute maybe?

They were written out in preparation to have them star in Marvel's Most Wanted, which ended up not happening at all.

Top Bottom