• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Just got through it on Netflix. I'm gonna miss Evil Douche Ward. He was the best. Always kept thing interesting. HiveWard was really really lame in comparison.

Shame that Hunter and Bobby left too, I really enjoyed both those characters and the dynamic they brought to the team. Were there any outside reasons, like a contract dispute maybe?

Hunter and Bobbi were supposed to get their own show - Marvel's Most Wanted. They filmed a pilot, but it wasn't picked up by ABC. All signs point to them coming back to AoS for Season 4.

Pachimari

I think Season 3 have been weak so far, which is probably one of the reasons I haven't finished watching it. I'll catch up this week for sure though!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
13398865_487163614816559_2117885339_n.jpg

El Sloth

Banned
They were written out in preparation to have them star in Marvel's Most Wanted, which ended up not happening at all.
Hunter and Bobbi were supposed to get their own show - Marvel's Most Wanted. They filmed a pilot, but it wasn't picked up by ABC. All signs point to them coming back to AoS for Season 4.
loool, that must have been a real kick in the balls. Will look forward to seeing what silly reasons they come up with to bring them back!

Them and zombie Hydra Ward, of course.

El Sloth

Banned
by the way, were there any references made to Netflix's Marvel stuff this season? Daredevil & Jessica Jones. I didn't catch any if there were.

by the way, were there any references made to Netflix's Marvel stuff this season? Daredevil & Jessica Jones. I didn't catch any if there were.

There was an explicit reference to Damage Control. We were supposed to get that show as a 30 minute comedy, but it's likely stalled too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
There was a news ticker about gang fights in Hell's Kitchen iirc.

edit:

agents-dare-pic.jpg

anaron

as much as I want bobbi back, her returning will feel like such a downgrade for her character. She deserves her own show or at least to go onto the movies

gossi

As far as I know, they aren't back for season 4. I really loved those characters, though.

Khaz

It seems pretty dumb to write of the characters before the spinoff is secured. They could have parted with them at any time. Overconfidence?

As far as I know, they aren't back for season 4. I really loved those characters, though.
Me too :(

It seems pretty dumb to write of the characters before the spinoff is secured. They could have parted with them at any time. Overconfidence?
Well, the cast was also huge at that point. They had already reached the point where random regular cast members would be absent without explanation because there were just too many people to juggle. Slimming down the cast made sense... I'm just not sure they picked the right cast members to get the axe.

kurahador

I think Paul Lee getting the boot really fucked their whole game plan. He was responsible for Agent Carter getting second season, Most Wanted pilot order and the other Marvel shows being considered despite the low rating of AoS and AC.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i was sad about bobbi and hunter leaving for like 20 minutes. AoS needs to refocus in S4 and a smaller cast may help.

butalala

The show needs to lose all of the Inhuman dead weight. I would love to learn if something went down behind the scenes to cause the Secret Warriors storyline to be a non-starter or if it was just general incompetence. Season 2 was so good that I have to believe that something unexpected happened.

Dysun

Hunter is a terrible character, nothing of value was lost.
I'm ok with losing Bobbi if we can axe Hunter and have less cast members

kirblar

The show needs to lose all of the Inhuman dead weight. I would love to learn if something went down behind the scenes to cause the Secret Warriors storyline to be a non-starter or if it was just general incompetence. Season 2 was so good that I have to believe that something unexpected happened.
S3 felt like it had big budget cuts.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Because she's an awesome (Avenger) character in the comics and Adrianne Palicki is fantastic.
This times 100. In my fantasyland of things that I know will never happen, I dream of a day that Hawkeye will get his own show on Netflix since Renner has said he'd be up for it and that she would join him and then ultimately make it into the movies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
It's weird to have some huge promo thing about Hellfire, unless they're going to do other marketing based on the other Secret Warriors.

anaron

No way it's anything but Hellfire based on the show's history - definitely odd to hype it up considering the Ghost Rider confusion and eventual disappointment.

Pachimari

I got 7 episodes left of the season. I wonder if anything interesting will even happen. I read Quake will be on the run and that the award thing thingie is dying but that's about it. Can I expect any cool surprises?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I got 7 episodes left of the season. I wonder if anything interesting will even happen. I read Quake will be on the run and that the award thing thingie is dying but that's about it. Can I expect any cool surprises?

Yeah, there's some cool stuff about to go down.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

yeah like the last 2 seasons, it really picks up towards the end

Pachimari

I'm finishing up the season now, and currently have 5 episodes left. I just finished "The Team" where Quake goes rogue by the end. So cool. I hope she survives everything, cause she's by far and large my favorite character on the show.

When it comes to the Secret Warriors team, I'm super disappointed by it, especially after all the hype from people in here and fans around the Internet before the show started. It just consist of these four Inhumans; Joey who I have no attachment to at all. Yo-Yo is cool but a little too intense. Wish Alisha were part of the team.

I'm interested in hearing, is this Secret Warriors team what all of you expected to get from this season? Or has it been a let down?

It felt like they had something more ambitious planned but had to water it down due to budget cuts.

And yeah, it's not encouraging at all that they're hyping up Hellfire joining as though it's supposed to be a big deal.

Pachimari

But what were expected from the Secret Warriors in the first place? I haven't read any comics with them.

[edit] I'm now at episode 19, and Hive mentioning "only suits can be made by billionaires, and only the military can make super soldiers" - was that seriously the tie in to Civil War?

AMUSIX

The characters they put together could have been ok, just so completely underused.

Secret Warriors should have been SHIELD's strike force, a small team that handles specific operations. Just Quake leading her band and kicking ass with them. They did it for one episode, and it worked, but it took the entire season to get there.

Didn't help that Lincoln was dull as dirt, and that Joey really wasn't much better (but had a lot more charisma).

I'm finishing up the season now, and currently have 5 episodes left. I just finished "The Team" where Quake goes rogue by the end. So cool. I hope she survives everything, cause she's by far and large my favorite character on the show.

When it comes to the Secret Warriors team, I'm super disappointed by it, especially after all the hype from people in here and fans around the Internet before the show started. It just consist of these four Inhumans; Joey who I have no attachment to at all. Yo-Yo is cool but a little too intense. Wish Alisha were part of the team.

I'm interested in hearing, is this Secret Warriors team what all of you expected to get from this season? Or has it been a let down?

I was expecting the Secret Warriors to be the thing in Season 3B, but they literally only had 15 minutes of fame, lol. Either Secret Warriors will happen in Season 4 or as a Netflix Spin-off of some sort.

I'm re-watching season 3 on Netflix and the foreshadowing of the Lash-Andrew twist was there in the second episode.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
[edit] I'm now at episode 19, and Hive mentioning "only suits can be made by billionaires, and only the military can make super soldiers" - was that seriously the tie in to Civil War?

You haven't reached the "tie-in" episode yet, that's episode 20.
They just acknowledge and reference the movie and that's it.

AMUSIX

Looking back at the episodes for this season shows how horribly the Secret Warriors arc was handled.

First, the Secret Warriors thing should have run in parallel to the main arc (the main arc being Rescue Simmons -> Squidward -> Hydra -> Final Battle). Secret Warriors should have been Search for Inhumans/Recruitment -> Team learning to work together -> Possible corruption -> Reforming stronger -> Final Battle.

They really should have established this stronger as Quake's team, and almost separate from Coulson's. At the beginning of the season, they had Lincoln and could have brought in Alisha. Then show recruitment of Joey and Elena. Heck, if you want to, add Mack to the team as the lone human (with a Shotgun Axe). Forming the team should have been done by Episode 6. That allows the full team to be shown in action at least once before the mid-season break. After the break, you get to see the team working together again, then the seed of distrust, and the breaking up, only to have them reform just before the final battle.

Instead, we get this meandering crap that doesn't tell a story at all, and does very little to build characters. We really don't get to know any of the Secret Warriors. Alisha is brought in randomly, both times just used as a sacrifice to show how serious a threat is. Then, we get ONE episode showing the Secret Warriors working together, but it comes way too late in the season for it to really mean anything.

Personally, I think the entire Lash story should have been nixed. It gave May a few great moments, but, other than that, it really culminated in a whole lot of nothing.

Pachimari

You haven't reached the "tie-in" episode yet, that's episode 20.
They just acknowledge and reference the movie and that's it.
Yes I saw this. Small tie in but it was alright I think.

By the way, that shield Coulson have thanks to his arm was seriously cool. He really need to use it way more in combat during S4. But they'll probably entirely forget about it. Did Deathlok even turn up this season? They should recruit him for the Secret Warriors.

Pachimari

I just finished the season. Who the heck is the one we see at the end frozen down? Aida? Interesting. I also liked what we saw of Daisy by the end. We seriously need to get out from the Shield headquarters more next season, and it would be interesting seeing her gone rogue. And I really hope they start calling her Quake as well. Also, let Hellfire join the Secret Warriors now that Lincoln is gone. He seem to be a better actor anyway, and thank god we won't get anymore of that Lincoln/Daisy relationship.

I wonder where they'll take us in Season 4. Have they said anything, besides teasing Hellfire? It'll be interesting with a new villain, and I hope they put the Secret Warriors to better use as well.

Overall it was probably weaker than both S1 and S2. I mean, I enjoyed S1 more of what I remember, but I'm still very curious as to where they'll bring us next.

Pachimari

I feel like Coulson's arm, and FitzSimmons expertise are plot devices, that can make anything happen. And now he controls the ZephyrOne remotely by activating it through his arm, and all of a sudden he have a shield (which was cool admittedly), and the duo can make anything work.

Just saw that Season 4 will premiere on September 20th at 10pm. Gonna have to start shooting real soon and that means cast and guest star announcements soon. Fun!

Top Bottom