• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys Games announces Sweet Fuse (PSP)

I'm guessing PSN licensing fees for PSP releases have to be crazy tiny at this point?

If so, I hope that means continues niche releases like this.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
That's because Tatsuro Iwamoto worked on this game. :p

Now I'm even more interested.

Maybe I can play this game when I'm in the bathroom... With headphones on.

Andrefpvs

Wait, does that mean SCEA is finally accepting Visual Novels, or are they at the point where they won't turn down a PSP game?

Either way, we should be supporting this, I'm always curious about this genre (haven't played many VNs but what I have really interested me) and it would be great to have more localized for consoles/handhelds in the future.

Hey Aksys fellas, are you guys able to publish directly to EU PSN? * hint :)*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Now I'm even more interested.

Maybe I can play this game when I'm in the bathroom... With headphones on.
Aw. How do you think I feel when I play most harem-esque VNs where I'm playing as a dude and have to pick from an assortment of females? With the volume all the way up? Haha, kidding. I really don't mind it, but it's something to consider, I guess.

Otome games are certainly directed towards females, but that's partially because most games/VNs tend to be starring a dude. I'm sure both genders can appreciate otome games since they tackle all sorts of scenarios. I still think Hakuoki is rather gender-neutral and can easily be appreciated by guys considering its focus on political issues and war.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wait, does that mean SCEA is finally accepting Visual Novels, or are they at the point where they won't turn down a PSP game?

Either way, we should be supporting this, I'm always curious about this genre (haven't played many VNs but what I have really interested me) and it would be great to have more localized for consoles/handhelds in the future.

Well... Virtue's Last Reward came out in English for the Vita so I guess they're finally accepting VNs in English. :p

Did they deny English VNs before?

cj_iwakura

Wow, Aksys bringing the rain, Atlus left in the cold.

Interesting.

Well... Virtue's Last Reward came out in English for the Vita so I guess they're finally accepting VNs in English. :p

Did they deny English VNs before?

Sakura Wars, reportedly.

But yeah, now? Flood gates are open.

Whoever makes the OT for this should definitely mention Inafune and Iwamoto in the title. That should help us reel in some more converts.

ULTROS!

Hope I'm not the only one who thinks VNs are the only thing Idea Factory are any good at.

At least they're finally good at something. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hope I'm not the only one who thinks VNs are the only thing Idea Factory are any good at.
Nope. That's honestly what I think they should start working on from now on.

I actually like the majority of the designs in this game, which is shocking to me. One of the first dating sims where I won't know for sure who I want to pursue until I start playing.
I think the mere fact that it's incredibly reminiscent of AA factors into that. But that should be obvious.

ULTROS!

Ramune

These PSP games being released dispite the odds are giving me JP Saturn vibes that warms my gaming heart! Reminds me, I still gotta pick up both Hakuoki games this month!

So what about Fate/Extra C3, Akselziys? Caster am cry.

Here here! I saw the latest Siliconera article for the game and....that Saber and Caster be dangerous mang! I can only imagine what fangirls will do if Archer and Gilgamesh get similar treatment! O_O

cj_iwakura

To be fair, though, mk2 was an improvement gameplay-wise. Where I didn't finish Neptunia 1, I finished mk2 and platinumed it since I kinda had fun with the battle system.

No idea how Victory went.

It's not that, it's the JRPGs = pandering fanservice trend that needs to die.

Noi

no pic for Keiji Inafune himself in the game?

RUSGCru.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Edit: Dammit Noi.

cj_iwakura said:
It's not that, it's the JRPGs = pandering fanservice trend that needs to die.
Oh, yes; absolutely. Some of the stuff in mk2 was cringeworthy. I guess Victory's going to continue along those lines...

Right now I'm feeling...

Ryusei = Ayumu > Kimimaro > Subaru > Kouta > Towa

Though the top 4 are all pretty god tier going just by looks.

Marche90

Well, damn. Who would have thought?

I wonder which publisher will be the last to publish a PSP game in North America...?

Anyway, props to Aksys for taking risks like this.

Now if only someone did the same for Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes... :(

Top Bottom