• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys wants to know what kind of games you play (hint: everyone answer visual novels)

I'm amazed by how alive everyone in Danganronpa feels even if they just have several pieces of art per character, one of my favorite parts of the series.

As much as I dislike Danganronpa (played 5 chapters of it), I gotta admit, the characters are really good, as questionable as a few of the designs are.

junpei

I came to terms with the Megaman legends 3 cancellation but It would be down right criminal if ZE3 didn't happen . If there ever was a crowd funding campaign for ZE3 I would be down for the 100 dollar tier. I answered VN and Fighting games because that is what I love to see more of

the heck kind of barebones survey was that???? i was all ready to spam requests for a dmmd re:code localization
There's a request thread on their forum.

Visual novels of course!

There's a treasure trove of otome games you should definitely look into Aksys~

You can't keep Hakuoki over and over again!
As much as I like Hakuoki, I think it's high time to move on to another otome series. I hope the otome games survey that everyone did recently does some good.
Also, I wouldn't mind playing more mystery visual novels. :)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
They lost me on the region selection question.

redhood56

Banned
I voted for Visual Novels and fighting games. And can we stop bringing up ZE3, it still hurts and Aksys can't do anything to make it happen.

HardRojo

Am I doing it right?
MG5NMUQ.jpg

With the popularity of books like 50 Shades of Grey and it's sequels along with America and Europe's rich history with classic romance tales, I would love to see a Western take on Visual Novels, perhaps inspired by the works of Jane Austen and Louisa May Alcott

Have you played 80 Days on iOS?!

But OMG shot at Zero Escape 3?! TO THE SURVEY!

Mheh. The next Danganronpa game is gonna be an action game. Well...I guess the team wanted to do something different? The Persona team needed a break and gave the world Catherine.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I pretty much ticked everything but sports and casual. Less otome games please I'd rather have some more games targeted at a general audience.

I attempted VLR and found it extremely boring. I could not get into that game at all. Needless to say, I did not vote for VNs. Sorry OP.

999 and VLR are pretty slow burns that are pretty end-heavy. While the payoff is pretty good, they're not exactly exciting until way into the games.

I haven't played every VN in the world, but for the most part it isn't a fast-paced genre. Danganronpa is one exception as it's pretty crazy the entire way through. I'd recommend people try that before writing the genre off completely.

oni_saru

Visual novels of course!

There's a treasure trove of otome games you should definitely look into Aksys~

You can't keep Hakuoki over and over again!
This x100

Hakuoki is good and all but give me a different VN plz!

Also very wishful thinking but DMMd Vita would be great!!!

Zareka

I attempted VLR and found it extremely boring. I could not get into that game at all. Needless to say, I did not vote for VNs. Sorry OP.

Did you play 999 before hand? You really gotta play that game before VLR; it makes the experience way better than without.

That said, like someone said previously, they're slow burners. I was pretty bored with 999 when I first started it. Even after that, I found VLR pretty boring to begin with. They don't make great first impressions, but the more you play them, the better they get. The best part is playing through multiple times and slowly piecing the story together as you go along.

One you get through the game, the payoff is huge. Seriously, these games get so, so great the closer you get to the end it makes up for the slow start and then some.

Shizuka

I'm not sure if I'd actually want that after seeing screens for it a while back. Did they ever actually release Chiru on PSP?

I've just seen screenshots of the PSP game and it looks great, just what I'd expect from a PSP visual novel. They did release all 8 episodes on the PSP, if I'm not mistaken. The last four went under the radar.

I'll ask for Fate: Stay/Night Realta Nua for Vita and PC. I mean, it needs an official release, as good as the fan translations were. Plus Fate on Vita would be keen.

But yeah, ZE3 is also needed, but I think its out of their hands.

ohlawd

I've seen a lot of people say this. It's Zero Escape 3. Virtue's Last Reward was the subtitle for the second game.
I had a friend back when Skyrim was revealed. He kept calling it Oblivion V. I told him it's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim but he just wouldn't have it

so it must be something like that.

Top Bottom