• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akuma confirmed for SFV

BadWolf

And people thought we wouldn't see him in SFV any time soon because of T7.

Let's see how Namco and Capcom's efforts compare.

Skab

Maybe they'll bring the KKZ back after 8 years if relegating it to the win screen.

If you watch the teaser thing again, the very end has the little flames coming up from the ground like his 3rd strike demon.

so maybe KKZ isnt out of the question if theyre making him like 3rd strike akuma?

Even conceding to the idea of using Akuma as soon as possible for Season 2, you would think Capcom would it hold off and have him be the last confirmed Season 2 character.

It's like how they kept Juri and Urien for last this year. Or kept Dhalsim's redesign secret until near last.
I don't think the order they're releasing the characters in has much bearing tbh. It's probably more of a "these characters were done first" kinda thing rather than "these characters generate more hype".

And there's really no reason to hold off. Capcom Cup is gonna be the high point for competitive SF for this year, and it's gonna be at a Playstation convention that's gonna be attended and watched by hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people worldwide. Why not make a compelling announcement at that time with one of your most famous characters?

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I'm just happy to have found out!!! I feel like it's impossible to get any news that isn't overwatch or Pokémon go these days on gaming media.

nded

If you watch the teaser thing again, the very end has the little flames coming up from the ground like his 3rd strike demon.

so maybe KKZ isnt out of the question if theyre making him like 3rd strike akuma?

To be fair, Akuma probably emits spectral flames doing a particularly tough crossword.

Ploid 3.0

Capcom Cup is going to be pretty hype. I hope they show a lot of the new stuff they are working on like new game mechanics that usually come with new versions of Street Fighter.

Damn. Can't wait.

Also didn't know that PSX was going to be at the Anaheim convention center this year. I might actually go. I work close by so I can just park my car there and save some cash.

Will we get a more fleshed out trailer before we get to play him?

Elbereth

Hm, this actually had me thinking...

Since Akuma was announced today, and playable at Playstation Experience... That's one less announcement for the end of Capcom Cup.

I'm actually pretty pumped about what this could possibly mean.

pizzacat

Banned
sfv-ryu-art-edit.jpg

that stage

Is this actually happening?
They've already said that the balancing is going to occur after every year's CPT ends so January next year/late December is the expected date for the patch.

With the exception of some moves being a bit too strong (Chun-Li's IA lightning legs, Ryu's j.lk) I personally would like to see the weaker characters buffed to the same level rather than the stronger ones nerfed to match the weaker ones.

Hm, this actually had me thinking...

Since Akuma was announced today, and playable at Playstation Experience... That's one less announcement for the end of Capcom Cup.

I'm actually pretty pumped about what this could possibly mean.

At Capcpom Cup they will reveal the final character for season one. It will be Rude Kid.

Juraash

He really was my favorite to play in SFIV. I remember unlocking him and feeling like I had found a character that really meshed with how I liked playing. Hopefully I'll find a similar groove with him when he drops in V.

I have 0 confidence they will have a patch ready by then. Especially if they had an expressed plan for it given how everything else has gone. I'm expecting March.
Considering the first CPT events might be as early as February, if not January, Capcom is most likely going to get the patch out ASAP else those events will not be considered a part of next years CPT which is something neither the TOs or Capcom staff wants.

EDIT: Earliest event seems to be Cannes Winter Clash which happens late February, so yeah, they need to have the patch out by late January at the latest, just so they can stomp out any bugs that might arise.

Neoxon

Considering the first CPT events might be as early as February, if not January, Capcom is most likely going to get the patch out ASAP else those events will not be considered a part of next years CPT which is something neither the TOs or Capcom staff wants.
This. Keep in mind that they've kept the CPT in mind for a lot of what Capcom did for SFV. They aren't gonna let the major balance update miss the start of CPT 2017.

I like to see people suffer.

I have 0 confidence they will have a patch ready by then. Especially if they had an expressed plan for it given how everything else has gone. I'm expecting March.

They basically have to have the patch ready before CPT. They aren't going to have it not complete before their biggest events.

Aenima

Im more excited for the season 2 balance patch. Get fucked Ryu, Ken, and Chun.

But Tokido (Ryu) just lost in Grand Finals against NuckeDu (Guile) So fuck Guile too?
And while we are at it, Nash, Mika, Cammy, Karin... or thinking better, just let the game stay as it is as is already well balanced.

Top Bottom