• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akuma confirmed for SFV

Neoxon

But Tokido (Ryu) just lost in Grand Finals against NuckeDu (Guile) So fuck Guile too?
And while we are at it, Nash, Mika, Cammy, Karin... or thinking better, just let the game stay as it is as is already well balanced.
I believe Capcom mentioned something about preferring to buff the lower-tier characters rather than nerfing the higher-tier ones back at the EVO 2015 panel.

Neoxon

I'm honestly surprised that Capcom managed to keep this under wraps. Hell, even the fact that Arcade Mode is in development got leaked. Kudos to Capcom for maintaining the surprise, & I hope they continue this trend for the rest of SFV's life.

Zubz

Banned
So they're finally putting out that missing stage.....

2970172-street_fighter_v_steelbook_beauty_shot_ryu_stage_europe.png

Yeah... I was wondering how that Temple would factor in. More content's great in my book! I'm still waiting for a bundle sale on the first Season myself, but I'm still glad to see more content's coming.

why would you include elena

w h y

Because she's fantastic, that's why.

Neoxon

Right when the reveal happened, it started to rain in my area.

I think the universe was warning me of what was coming.

emag

I believe Capcom mentioned something about preferring to buff the lower-tier characters rather than nerfing the higher-tier ones back at the EVO 2015 panel.

Capcom said this back in '09 as well. Didn't pan out in Super, AE, 2012, or Ultra.

Pachinko

Now they just need to announce Sakura at Capcom Cup and balance will be restored to the universe.

Here's what I'm curious about now - Akuma's Movelist

Like the other shoto's he's got a Dragon Punch, Tatsu and a Hadouken , unlike other shot's he's also got a teleport dash thing as well as the ability to throw Hadoukens in the air. Will he retain all these abilities ?

Giving the Vskill system, it seems like making his vskill the teleport would be an easy way to do things but , does he then become the only character in the game with a different Critical art (super) based on whether his Vtrigger has popped ?

I mean, it would seem obvious that his Vtrigger should just be a "shin akuma" mode (a 3 bar trigger that stays popped like Necalli, once popped his fireballs all hit twice and his damage output increases but he takes damage faster... is how I would do it) , but maybe you can only do the Raging Demon when Vtrigger is active (with it's usual oddball input structure) , otherwise he does something closer to a normal critical art super combo thing.

Either way , I'm excited to see how he plays in SFV. I've never used Akuma much myself but I know plenty of people out there do use him and I want SFV to do better going forward.

kirblar

And its taken out of context by everyone on the Internet. It's their preference, but it's not a hard rule-they just want to avoid dumpster in good characters if they do have to nerfs them

Neoxon

And its taken out of context by everyone on the Internet. It's their preference, but it's not a hard rule-they just want to avoid dumpster in good characters if they do have to nerfs them
That's why I said "preferring".

Either way, Capcom has held back on doing any knee-jerk balancing adjustments, so I guess that's a plus.

Aenima

I dont mind if they buff my Rashid. But most of my wins are against Ken and Ryu players, so...

Giving the Vskill system, it seems like making his vskill the teleport would be an easy way to do things but , does he then become the only character in the game with a different Critical art (super) based on whether his Vtrigger has popped ?

Hmmmmm. Ryu's and Necalli's are different if they have V-Trigger popped, yah?

Watch them just have a chibi version of Demon unless Trigger is popped

HotHamBoy

Extremely safe, boring pick. BUT! I am still glad he is in and I'm hoping for a dramatic overhaul to further seperate him from Ryu and Ken.

Edit: Still haven't gotten that 50% off discount on the Season Pass here in NA. EU got it a couple months ago.

Will continue to wait, Capcom.

Hmmmmm. Ryu's and Necalli's are different if they have V-Trigger popped, yah?

Watch them just have a chibi version of Demon unless Trigger is popped
Ryu's does more damage and does stun (the only CA in the game that does) and guard breaks.

Necalli's does more damage and has a different animation.

Guile's has more hits, allows Guile to recover more quickly before the CA ends, and does more damage.

Birdie's damage all around gets increased including his CA.

nded

How would teleport build V-gauge?

that's nice, what about a standard arcade mode? I'm still waiting.

I welcome more characters but I will never be happy until I get my old school vanilla Arcade Mode

Blueblur1

that's nice, what about a standard arcade mode? I'm still waiting.

I welcome more characters but I will never be happy until I get my old school vanilla Arcade Mode

References to Arcade Mode were found in the game's code back in October. Just gotta wait for it.

CSX

So potentially we can play Akuma in SFV before Tekken 7 console even though he was first revealed for Tekken lol...

Top Bottom