• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akuma confirmed for SFV

Pachinko

Hmmmmm. Ryu's and Necalli's are different if they have V-Trigger popped, yah?

Watch them just have a chibi version of Demon unless Trigger is popped

Probably... when I say different I mean totally different though , like if he's not triggered you can do QCFX2 plus a punch or something , and while he is you also get a raging demon.

I actually thought at one point he could have a do or die version of the demon - it would do 1200 damage when triggered by perhaps if it missed, you'd die instead. That's more of a guilty gear sounding move though.

Skab

I just noticed it looks like he has longer hair. Watch by his collar when you see his back during the trailer.

Eh? Why does FANG give Sim trouble?

FANG's trap and poison can wreck dhalsim. You know that classic dhalsim situation where he keeps pressing st.mp/st.mk from a distance and you can't do anything but block? Well ,that situation is actually kinda in FANG's favour when Dhalsim's poisoned. And Dhalsim's limbs easily hit the trap.

FANG is still and has incredibly solid anti airs including a great st.lp which can often deal with teleport-ins.

FANG's EX dash can get him out of trouble after V-Trigger combos and set ups.

FANG's upballs can cancel Dhalsims own and still have one flying towards Dhalsim.

A patient FANG player can easily get the advantage over Dhalsim but the match up is still 6-4, MAYBE 7-3 at best.

Ryce

Looks pretty similar to me... Akuma stage could be an alt version of this stage.
emPYot2.jpg

They’re both Japanese temples or shrines, so they look similar in that regard, but they’re entirely different buildings.

The roof, the interior, and the general shape/size are completely different. Ryu’s temple is directly on the ground and Akuma’s is elevated with steps. Akuma’s temple has giant statues. Ryu’s temple is completely intact, whereas Akuma’s looks mostly destroyed.

They’re both Japanese temples or shrines, so they look similar in that regard, but they’re entirely different buildings.

The roof, the interior, and the general shape/size are completely different. Ryu’s temple is directly on the ground and Akuma’s is elevated with steps. Akuma’s temple has giant statues. Ryu’s temple is completely intact, whereas Akuma’s looks mostly destroyed.
It could easily be the same place, only Akuma's come and wrecked it. The stage could have an alt where it's fully built and the weather is sunny.

Zapages

emPYot2.jpg

Maybe they will do different times of day type of think aka like the halloween stage.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Adult Sakura :(

Good to see Akuma back. He probably to get back to beating up Ryu and company after pummeling the Tekken cast so much.

Pummeling? So far, he's only kept up with Heihachi, who is the weakest of the Mishima's. Kazuya is technically weaker in base form but gets elevated going Devil. Jin is stronger than both by far though.

Let's face facts here: Sakura was made to be The Jailbait Character. It's best possible scenario that DOESN'T happen, and highly unlikely from the getgo.

Anywho, I'm wondering if the morons that ordered rootkits are off the project and if some backend work got done on netcode.

I hope his CA isn't as long as it seems in the trailer, the 20 second Ultra 2 in 4 was the worst.

Truth. Ken's and Cammy's are pushing it (and also don't have the sheer hilarious wonderment that Mika's and Birdie's have).

Inuhanyou

He's just joking IMO. They put her adult form in the ending to USF4 after all. They would not do that if they didn't consider her canon adult form worth showing in game.

The same Jin that somehow Hwoarang rivals...

Disregard that, it doesn't make sense canonically in regards to what has been said/shown and they haven't stuck to that ever.

He's just joking IMO. They put her adult form in the ending to USF4 after all. They would not do that if they didn't consider her canon adult form worth showing in game.
That is probably the case.

It'll be nice to see how she fares when she does "grow up."

EDIT: Oh right, I forgot about that SF5 Karin thing. lol. I guess alt costumes are our only hope now.

Inuhanyou

She was in the Karin story mode ending and she looked how she always looks.

That was....damn don't ask me about that! All i knows is, when Sakura shows up in this game officially, she WILL be wearing her adult canon outfit. I'd bet on it

At best i think her schoolgirl outfit would be an alt

Lets not forget for some reason in SFV Ken decides to change his clothes and moves.... then in the timeline of SF3 goes back to his old clothes and forgets his new moves....

.... best not to overthink it....

That was....damn don't ask me about that! All i knows is, when Sakura shows up in this game officially, she WILL be wearing her adult canon outfit. I'd bet on it

tbh I didn't think capcom was going to add her period. They made it a point to stay from characters that appeared too much like Ryu. And they put Ibuki in a school uniform to clearly compensate for the portion of the audience who have that fetish. But with them pulling the akuma card+redesign card, I think it's likely she'll be put on the top of the queue with a different look.

Adult Sakura :(

Pummeling? So far, he's only kept up with Heihachi, who is the weakest of the Mishima's. Kazuya is technically weaker in base form but gets elevated going Devil. Jin is stronger than both by far though.

Oh wait. Never mind. Akuma got nerfed in Tekken, didn't he? Oh well, he probably better stick with Heihachi since they are both probably in the same age bracket.

Zekes!

Unfortunately, Capcom doesn't remix SF3 themes unless the character COMES from SF3. It's gonna be his classic ST theme remixed for the millionth time.

I would have loved Ryu and Chun to have their SF3 themes, but SF2 era nostalgia always seems to win :(

Though, there are hints of Ryu's 3S theme in his story mode remix...

Let me dream fam

cordy

Banned

Makes the most sense.

Capcom would sell more copies of a Sakura alt if her alt was a classic schoolgirl outfit than if her alt was a new training uniform. Makes sense from a storyline perspective as well.

Renekton

Oh wait. Never mind. Akuma got nerfed in Tekken, didn't he? Oh well, he probably better stick with Heihachi since they are both probably in the same age bracket.
Well Akuma is ageless now while Heihachi requires a constant youth formula which may turn him into a brown bear.

Rymuth

With Akuma announced I think there's less likeliness for a Season 3.

You would think they would keep that character in the back until the final update.
First, there was never going to be a season 2...now the FUD moved to season 3.

The more things change...

BasilZero

Wouldnt be right if he appeared in Tekken 7 before SFV :p

Also for some reason I always thought he was already in the game :/

Moaradin

Yeah Sakura is definitely getting a small redesign like Karin did. They'll just sell her classic outfit separately.

Neoxon

Unfortunately, Capcom doesn't remix SF3 themes unless the character COMES from SF3. It's gonna be his classic ST theme remixed for the millionth time.

I would have loved Ryu and Chun to have their SF3 themes, but SF2 era nostalgia always seems to win :(

Though, there are hints of Ryu's 3S theme in his story mode remix...
About Ryu....

Top Bottom