• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akuma confirmed for SFV

Akuma will just get a remix of Ryu's theme like he did in 4.

Edit: Was his original theme in 4? Or did that get added with super. I meant this as a joke but I honestly can't remember.

Renekton

Akuma will just get a remix of Ryu's theme like he did in 4.

Edit: Was his original theme in 4? Or did that get added with super. I meant this as a joke but I honestly can't remember.
The "Ryu" theme is only for the story battle, usually in an active volcano.

Akuma actual SF4 theme is a remix of his classic ST one. Also Gouken's theme is the limp noodle version of it.

pizzacat

Banned
I'm never going to understand the Sakura fans that want her to be more than what she's always been

She's never evolving

The moment Dan is taken serious, ryus gameplay changes, gen isn't an old man, cammy doesn't show off her legs, chun lis thighs stop breaking necks, akuma shown as good or evil, etc is when you'll see this character change but for now (and always) she'll just be a school girl, err well bum wearing the only clothes she got mostly because her idol is a bum too.

But hey, there's always alt costumes, fingers crossed for that business woman Sakura costume

The very definition of anti hype, personally. Hopefully he isn't overpowered. Should have probably added "lol" to the end of the previous sentence.

lupinko

Wouldnt be right if he appeared in Tekken 7 before SFV :p

Also for some reason I always thought he was already in the game :/

He did appear in Tekken 7 before SFV.

Akuma reveal in Tekken 7FR: Dec 2015
Akuma release in Tekken 7FR: July 2016

Akuma reveal in SFV: November 2016
Akuma release in SFV: ??????

Can't wait to see grandpa Akuma.

Seriously though, if his V-Trigger is going into Shin Akuma.. Yesh!

Especially if it glows. Lel

Scotia

Banned
Never been a fan of Akuma but that teaser got me hyped. Can't wait for PSX. Hopefully the rest of Season 2 gets announced.

I have virtually no interest in Shotos, but its good that new characters are still coming to SFV. That back ground looked very nice too.

Hutchie

Adult Sakura :(

Pummeling? So far, he's only kept up with Heihachi, who is the weakest of the Mishima's. Kazuya is technically weaker in base form but gets elevated going Devil. Jin is stronger than both by far though.

How is heichachi the weakest? Hes beaten kazuya and then devil in tekken 2 and then beat him in 4

There's a season 2?

Ugh.

They need to just revert to the classic 'super street fighter' model because it's become quite obvious that nobody outside of 'professional' fighting game players cares for this DLC bullshit.

Sanctuary

There's a season 2?

Ugh.

They need to just revert to the classic 'super street fighter' model because it's become quite obvious that nobody outside of 'professional' fighting game players cares for this DLC bullshit.

Considering how well it's worked out for Killer Instinct, are you sure about that?

Mik317

There's a season 2?

Ugh.

I mean at the end of the day, its the same shit.

You buy the pack for damn near the same price you'd buy a super version.

myco666

There's a season 2?

Ugh.

Nobody outside of 'professionals' cared about super versions either.

There's a season 2?

Ugh.

So you want to pay $60 for the same game over again with minor changes instead of the season pass cost of $20-$30 for all the characters or pick and choose which ones you want for less. The service method is the best way for fighting games that aren't major updates in terms of gameplay. Im looking at you Guilty Gear.

Village

No really. His original ST theme and the iterations of that theme in other games are still way better. Killing Moon sounds too much like a Darkstalkers theme.

No killing moon is this Sick DnB theme, I like akuma's theme better. But I will go with the jazzy DnB everytime. It some how retains the violence of who he is whilst being smooth

KAL2006

Banned
I hope this season has more than 6 characters and some major Gameplay changes such as 2 V Triggers or Super. It needs to be as significant as a Suoer version.

Zyrox

But is he a bad character? Eventhubs prolly already on the case.

Anyway, jokes aside, cool that we are finally getting a character relevant to my interests (none of the S1 characters were for me). Hope they don't mess him up like they did poor Gief.

NZerker12

YES!!! Akuma is back. I might get actually the game now.
Also when arcade mode releases.

I doubt this is going to be a full blown Shin Akuma. The appeal of S.Akuma was that he was a OP version of normal Akuma so I doubt he will be a full character. V-trigger on the otherhand I can see. He will probably gain the usual S.Akuma benefits upon activation but like CVS2 S.Akuma will go down in 3-4 hits to balance out. What I hope is that you get to fight Akuma as a secret boss who can be fought in both normal mode and in a mode with unlimited V-Trigger which is basically Shin Akuma.

Top Bottom