• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake coming to Steam? [Steam registry entry appears]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluth54

Is the Stream reg entry basically a confirmation or were there cases where an entry appeared, but the game never game out?

Rise of Nations Gold was added to the Steam registry for awhile but hasn't been put on steam yet, which is too bad since it's my favorite RTS of all time.

I bought the Alan Wake collector's Edition day 1 for the 360. I loved it, it was one of my favorite games of 2010. I would buy it again for full price on PC if it was released on Steam. Make it happen Microsoft/Remedy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From the "'Big Picture Mode' for Steam announced" thread:

Cant wait for Alan Wake to be released now

lzh5Z.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
His words resonate from beyond the grave. Imagine that, playing Alan Wake on your couch, on your TV set, with a wireless controller but it's running from your personal computer. We are truly living in the future.

His words resonate from beyond the grave. Imagine that, playing Alan Wake on your couch, on your TV set, with a wireless controller but it's running from your personal computer. We are truly living in the future.
Z7fne.jpg

My consoles accuse me of chasing a dream. They burst into angry tears, asking if it's because they're getting older. It's true. They're aging more noticeably every day - while I am sitting still. I prefer the comfy stillness here. I am tired of consoles. These devices. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their life cycles.

Son1x

Great. I was interested in AW back when the PC version was supposed to release too. Then it somehow got cancelled and I never got to play. Looking forward to this.

Even if there's no AA because it's deferred and DX9, we're PC gamers! I'm sure someone will figure out some way to force it, and if not there's always FXAA.

PooBone

I played the game on 360, and would have preferred to play it there if PC and 360 versions released day and date. That said, this sounds like awesome news for those who aren't like me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what's the deal with CDProjekt and the PS3? I know they're not porting TW2 to the PS3, but did they ever state a reason?

Basically, they don't have the manpower to port a game to/develop a game for multiple platforms simultaneously, and downscaling the engine for the X360 is a relatively easier job than rewriting it for the PS3 and its atypical architecture.

Marek Ciemak said:

Incidentally, a PS3 version of The Witcher 2 hasn't been ruled out.

Well, this is awesome news for me. I don't really have regrets skipping on a 360 since Alan Wake is the last exclusive I really wanted for the system. Well... aside from Dust: An Elysian Tail but wtf happened to that game? It had an awesome showing and won a lot of funding after winning some summer coding festival.

Bought the CE of Alan Wake at launch, will buy this on Steam at launch. Loved Alan Wake.

I was thinking of playing it again a couple of weeks ago, but now I shall wait.

I'm scared of how true all leads and rumors are these days. These days I read "Alan Wake coming to Steam?" as "Alan Wake coming to Steam confirmed."

shinnn

Wow I think this thread moved faster than the American Nightmares one.

And half of posts are not downplaying the game. Looks my impression that GAF is really shitting on X360 nowadays is legitimate. lol

Looks like AW will finally gets the praise that it deserves on gaf :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom