• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake - The First 12 Minutes (German)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
[Nintex] said:
Wii exclusive - Lol Wii, should be on HD systems instead Wii won't do this game justice.

PS3 exclusive - Wow, truely they pull out all the stops when a game is exclusive, everything should be PS3 exclusive and lead us to the promised land!

Xbox 360/PC - Lol, Xbox 360 has no exclusives, PC gaming is dead anyway and they don't play anything but WOW. Should've been on PS3 too, they're clearly biased.

Xbox 360 exclusive - Rare sucks/Forza.. pff GT is better anyway/Killzone > Halo/Peter Molyneux lies, WAT by a different developer and no PC/PS3 version? WTF M$ MONEYHATZ

That's the vocal minority on GAF in a nutshell for you
Huh? Most PS3 exclusive topics on GAF don't exactly go like that. But of course when people posted negative comments about Heavy Rain (cheesy, bad acting, bad story, non-existent/boring gameplay, it's not a "game", etc) it was constructive criticism. But when something similar happens to 360 exclusives, its always those pesky Sonybots on some personal agenda? Seriously?

I do agree with that one poster who said that it's a bit weird for MS to not advertise this game like they usually do with their exclusives. It's one of their hottest exclusives, and it's only a month away but I still haven't seen a single ad on TV. What's up with that?

Any way, really excited for this game. I get the old school Silent Hill type vibe from this game which is definitely a good thing. We need more games like Alan Wake and Heavy Rain!

Dabanton

Inanna said:
I do agree with that one poster who said that it's a bit weird for MS to not advertise this game like they usually do with their exclusives. It's one of their hottest exclusives, and it's only a month away but I still haven't seen a single ad on TV. What's up with that?

MS never usually starts TV/cinema advertising until a least a week and a half away from release.

nilam01

Banned
If it's true it's dissapointing, considering remedy said it runs at 720p.

But if the game still looks good I won't care, though I really implore devs to keep their games at 720p, ff13, splinter cell conviction, halo reach all sub hd and now alan wake ...

Apath

Inanna said:
Huh? Most PS3 exclusive topics on GAF don't exactly go like that. But of course when people posted negative comments about Heavy Rain (cheesy, bad acting, bad story, non-existing gameplay, it's not a "game", etc) it was constructive criticism. But when something similar happens to 360 exclusives, its always those pesky Sonybots on some personal agenda? Seriously?

Any way, really excited for this game. I get the old school Silent Hill type vibe from this game which is definitely a good thing. We need more games like Alan Wake and Heavy Rain!
SAYS THE PERSON WHO ONLY HAS A PSN ID! I'm onto you Sonybot SPY.

This is sarcasm/obnoxiousness.

nilam01

Banned
Shurs said:
So what do we think this game will sell during its first NPD period?

I think around 300.000, it won't be that amazing to be honest. There seems to be little advertising and it seems a lot of people don't even know it exists.

tzare

Shurs said:
So what do we think this game will sell during its first NPD period?
i think it will do similar numbers as ME2 or Uncharted2. It is not a FPS, and it is not blood and gore.
It has hype, but only amongst 'hardcore' and forum people.

Apath

tzare said:
i think it will do similar numbers as ME2 or Uncharted2. It is not a FPS, and it is not blood and gore.
It has hype, but only amongst 'hardcore' and forum people.
Both Mass Effect 2 and Uncharted 2 had critically acclaimed prequels giving them a definite boost in sales. I think it would be better to compare Alan Wake with Mass Effect 1's sales.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
derFeef said:
You get a GT without paying as well?
What good a GT is if I cant play with people online?

derFeef said:
I know, it was not meant as a question, sorry. I had more of a problem with his statement as I find it weird that SHE "refuses to pay" for a gamertag.
For online gaming, NOT for GT.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Originally Posted by Quaz51
it's 960x540, no doubt. video resolution don't change the result of the native resolution
ok, i m confused

Apath

I don't even get what the big deal is. Hasn't everyone been saying how great this game looks? Suddenly it seems it may be sub-HD and it becomes crappy looking now or something?

MCD

Kenak said:
I don't even get what the big deal is. Hasn't everyone been saying how great this game looks? Suddenly it seems it may be sub-HD and it becomes crappy looking now or something?
REMEDY LIED

Apath

MCD said:
REMEDY LIED
Yeah, that would be kinda fucked up. It would also say a lot about the 360 as I guess people see this game as "proving" the 360 can pump out PS3 level visuals.

Still, it seems people are talking like the game is suddenly going to look like shit.

derFeef

Kenak said:
I think those wo know remedy are mad because of the unprofessionell atempt of a DF guy to count pixels on screencaps from an obviously scaled down (and scaled up again) video. Those who like bad news are now storming this thread and start posting onse of those ":lol " guys over and over again.

nilam01

Banned
chandoog said:
Yet the guy still doesn't come out and SAY it's 720p -_-

I don't mean Remedy is lying but one of their dev guys should just say it and get it over with.

But they already have said it's 720p numerous times. Wether or not it is or isn't depends on when the game is finally released. Let's just wait for the final game before everyone starts panicking.

Apath

DMPrince said:
BxB402 This is really not Alan Wake support thread..

But we really don't and can't control the resolutions in Alan Wake. We're just pushing 16:9 720p out and the Xbox360 OS handles the rest. The game doesn't even know whether you're connected with HDMI, VGA, Component, Composite and whatever rez you set your 360 to.

The setup you describe is not one I've tested but if 360 games typically work on it, I'd expect Wake to work too.
?

the native resolution could be less it's just outputing at 720p which is all they are doing and saying. i don't think they claimed to have native at 720p.

DMPrince said:
the native resolution could be less it's just outputing at 720p which is all they are doing and saying. i don't think they claimed to have native at 720p.

That would just be an asshole way of lying to us. (Saying it's 720p)

derFeef

FuttBuck said:
You know, if this game does turn out to be 540p, I think that GAF might just make the internet explode.
That god of war 3 video on that site is 540p as well, what resolution does the game run again?

Kenak said:
Uh, yeah. That's why I bolded that part as a response to DMPrince. The '?' signified that the wording says he confirmed 720p -- the opposite of making it sound like the game lacked 720p.
Sorry, misunderstood.

Apath

derFeef said:
Whats not do understand, the game does 720p and whatever you set on your 360 the game is scaling up or down.
Uh, yeah. That's why I bolded that part as a response to DMPrince. The '?' signified that the wording says he confirmed 720p -- the opposite of making it sound like the game lacked 720p.

longdi

Banned
longdi said:
This is like the FF13 sub HD saga of 2 months ago. :lol

Watch from the 5:10 mark, the furniture have too many stairs stepping effects for 4XMSAA.

quote myself ftw. :D i knew i am good at these things. :D

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
DMPrince said:

Yeah I posted this very link last page myself, but what that random beyond3d guy said about native resolution being same despite what the video rez is, oddly makes sense for some reason.

I was just hoping one of their dev would just say what the native rez is in response to this new development and get it over with so we can put it to rest.

Dabanton

CozMick said:
So, Is It 720p?

I have my mouse cursor hovering over the Cancel Pre-Order button as we speak!

I think you better just cancel it mate.

There is absolutely no joy in playing any game below 720p.

Dabanton said:
I think you better just cancel it mate.

There is absolutely no joy in playing any game below 720p.

Thats true.

My scientific testing showed that my 40 days of time playing CoD4(600P) my 54k kills and 19k deaths would have been 70k kills 3k deaths but the missing 120P caused me to miss the snipers sniping from across the map with my M1911.

After every death I would talk shit to people in the lobby
"120P more resolution and I would make you my bitch"

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Inanna said:
What good a GT is if I cant play with people online?

For online gaming, NOT for GT.
Updating games? So you have never got your 360 online?

Top Bottom