• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alice in Chains, Mastodon, Mars Volta members form new band Giraffe Tongue Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einhander

The all-star collaboration unites Alice in Chains singer William DuVall, Mastodon guitarist Brent Hinds, Dillinger Escape Plan guitarist Ben Weinman, Dethklok bassist Pete Griffin, and former Mars Volta drummer Thomas Pridgen.

Hinds, Weinman, Griffin, and Pridgen first came together last year to work on a full-length album. Early on in the sessions they were joined by Juliette Lewis, but ultimately they settled on DuVall to serve as their lead singer. Nevertheless, some of Lewis’ vocals will be featured on the forthcoming LP.

Weinmann explained the group’s origins during a recent appearance on Australian journalist Christina Rowatt’s new podcast Riffing with Christina (via Loudwire).

“[Juliette] is actually not our main singer. She guested … Yeah like everybody kinda takes an Instagram picture and makes their own press around it. But me and her have been working on songs, some of which are for Giraffe Tongue, some of which were just jams that we were working on or whatever. And she did some cool vocals on some of the GTO stuff. Actually, William [DuVall] from Alice In Chains is who has been singing with us.

“Most of the music was written before [William] got involved … But everybody is definitely in this band, it’s a real democracy … You know, it’s a little different for me, it’s been great. Because Dillinger has obviously been my baby since the beginning. You know while everyone contributes, it has always been … it was my vision and baby. So with GTO it’s really a combination of all the elements, all the pieces. So it’s really interesting, it’s been great for me to collaborate like that … And I think when you hear it, it really does sound like all of us in one band somehow.”

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/...form-new-supergroup-giraffe-tongue-orchestra/

Damn. What a lineup. :O

They have my attention.

Christ alive stop talkin about it, just release when you've got something in the can. This project has been teased and in the works for years. Skeptical with Lewis on vocals but will give a listen for everybody else.

Gray Matter

Listening to mastodon (the hunter) right now, love Brent's work, he's awesome. I have at some point heard of all the members in this, should be good.

Thomas Pridgen is one of the GOAT drummers, so ill check it out

Dude makes Bedlam in Goliath

giphy.gif

Love that record.

Don't care about anybody else in there besides Alice in Chains dude so I'll pay attention for HIIIIIIIIII-IIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIII IIIIIIIII IIIIII IIII III III M

_Ryo_

Hopefully we will actually be able to hear DuVall's voice in this. Unlike Alice in Chains where his vocals a buried to hell, even though he is supposedly lead vocalist...

hokahey

Man, this project has been incubating for years now. Original Jane's Addiction bassist Eric Avery was in this once upon a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom