• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Covenant - Trailer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

lol

source.gif

HATED prometheus, but loving this trailer. I recall loving Prometheus's trailer so I'll just remain optimistic and realistic. But yo guy.. this doesn't look bad really. Time will tell.

So i guess all the engineer lore they were slowly building with prometheus is just chucked out the window for another alien slasher film?

Granted the engineer lore was pretty shit in the first film, but going to a homeworld of sorts could have had huge potential

crustikid

Man, you all are being critical as fuck. I'm hyped as hell to see this. It's a new Alien film, come on!! I love every Alien film although I really don't care for the 4th one. Ass is gonna be in that theater seat on day one with Red Vines in hand.

I know it'll be a visual splendent soulless movie, but I'm totally hyped to see this. John Logan is writing, and he's brought us great films like Gladiator and Skyfall. Hopefully this gets a hard R, and I'm all in for day one.

big ander

So i guess all the engineer lore they were slowly building with prometheus is just chucked out the window for another alien slasher film?

Granted the engineer lore was pretty shit in the first film, but going to a homeworld of sorts could have had huge potential

(semi spoilers? I considered this information widely known but just in case)
Shaw and David are in this, in some form. so I'm sure the engineers will come up

Bishop89

I think it looks good.

Not Aliens good, but still good.

Maybe these aren't the same Aliens from the originals and don't have acid blood yet? I dunno.

More importantly, how are there eggs with facehuggers? They were snakes before right? So many questions

Man, this shows way too much. Like, it doesn't seem to leave a lot of tension.

Hopefully it's just a haphazard trailer. Xeno action everywhere. Was hoping for something more dialed back like the original, or even Prometheus. Maybe it still is but the trailer isn't doing it any favors.

Jury's out!

Even the first trailer has shown too much.

Now we know McBride is the Aliens cool fighter pilot of this movie.

Pineapple

Isn't this supposed to be a sequel to Prometheus?

It looks like a completely stand alone film that doesn't have much to do with Prometheus at all.

Savitar

This is exactly the type of shot that Ridley and Cameron avoided showing of the alein in their respective entries. It just sucks all the fear right out of the creature.

When people have seen it for 20 plus years not showing it really doesn't add to much. We know what it looks like unless they change it up.

Man, did anyone notice that quick shot at 1:56 of David walking past what looks like hundreds of dead Engineers? Holy shit that's a badass shot. Look, this trailer still didn't do much for me but I'm still in. I just hope it delves into the David and Engineer stuff more than the trailers are letting on. And I thought that last shot was great, makes the Alien feel like a force of nature again.

kevin1025

Banned
When people have seen it for 20 plus years not showing it really doesn't add to much. We know what it looks like unless they change it up.

True, but full body shots of the alien have never been too great, so strategic shots make it more horrific and terrifying. Bouncing its head on a window with a full body shot sucks the horror of the moment out.

Icolin

Banned
Better than the first trailer, but that's not saying much. Still day one because it's a fucking Alien film though.

I don't think it's chucking out the Engineer lore completely, the spores are meant to be an evolution of the black goo. There's a couple shots of a weird looking "not quite a Xenomorph" half way through that looked like the Deacon from Prometheus. I think the actual Alien might be the third act, which means that some of those shots are probably giving away the ending lmao.

Fury451

Banned
No helmets. Touching shit.

Yeah, this is a sequel to Prometheus.

It's funny really, the first movie established that facehuggers can eat through a helmet anyway, so really there's no reason they shouldn't be wearing them other than contried reasons to get glamour shots of the cast.

neoism

Nobody's seen it yet but supposedly yes unless they cut her scenes.

Should be. In what form we don't know.

There's a clip of her saying "Attention" from the first movie while the new protagonist looks at those dogtags.

shame i love that actress... Naomi Price
she must of died after where ever the went at the end of prometheus...

i think i heard that her and Ridely disnt really get along in the first one sooo that probably why shes not in the second.. ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom