• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Romulus Trailer Coming Tomorrow

MayauMiao

Live Long And Prosper Star Trek GIF

clarky

Gold Member
Expecting a turd, so hoping to be pleasantly surprised at the same time.

Either way ill be disappointed.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
The ONLY good Alien related media were Alien, Aliens and Alien Isolation, nothing else exists.

PS: I enjoyed Prometheus for what it was/tried to do and it was beautifully shot but...too many idiotic/meme-like moments to take it seriously and the less i say about covenant the better...

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Updated OP with trailer, if a mod would kindly change the topic title accordingly.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Cautiously excited. Seems like to shares some plot with that Aliens (Dark Descent?) isometric game that came out a few months back, or maybe it is using the "before Ripley showed up to the station" backstory they had for Isolation (ohhhhhhhh, what if it ends with her arriving?). No androids yet but I'm sure they will be there.

I just hope they can have a slower alien lifecycle than in recent films. The idea that a facehugger gets you, chestburster comes out, and an xeno adult is running around in like 6-12 hours never sat right with me. Go with the Gibson "infected zombies" angle if they need an intermediate threat between facehugger and xeno. Space is vast, travel is (well, kinda) slow, so a 3-4 day delay while survivors survive as chestbursters incubate and grow seems reasonable.

MiguelItUp

Very hyped, very excited. As always I'll be going in with zero expectations so I'll leave with something. I'm just so happy to finally be getting another new Alien film.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I had no idea. I assumed they want to make a connection because SHARED UNIVERSE LOLOLOL.

Well, since we're talking about it.

Leaked stuff from the screenings:

Apparently they find the Alien Ripley shot out at the end of the first movie, extract and disassemble its DNA all the way back to the Prometheus black goo and use that to make new modified Alien variants in this movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom