• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightAI

That’s crazy you say this when it’s biblically and historically documented from ancient civilizations. We’re just gonna ignore that too??

How about quotes and scriptures of objects described as “chariots of fire coming down from the heavens” basically written down somewhere in almsot every culture or religion damn near? What about these civilizations always talking about the stars and things they’ve seen in the sky outside of wha ti mentioned above?

The alignment of the pyramids??cmon bruh. I’m not even gonna touch on how they were built but those exact details like that in that time period is very astonishing and downplayed more than anything.

I can’t believe I’m about to say this but it was confirmed to me from someone who works by that department at the pentagon and said everything grusch said is true and to keep and eye on him specifically and that we have several of these crafts in all types of conditions along with the bodies living and non living and left it at that.

I’ve been harassing them for quite a while and now that cat is coming out the bag so to speak.

Please don’t come at me over this, I’m just giving info I heard from a source that I’m friends with and we talk time to time but this caught me off guard after asking about it for so long that when we’d speak, the first thing he’d say to me was “no there’s no aliens” and we’d laugh and talk about our lives outside of what we do!
Biblically?

sono

Gold Member
To those folk referring to this being US centric. It isnt. Recent interview with Nick Pope discussing with Newsnation that this is an international phenomenon. The Russians have chased and fired upon these things

He also mentioned that Chinese have similar program to investigate these

Last edited:

Romulus

I dont think we have ever said we know all of the answers and know everything about space travel to even start laying down the rules of space travel, however, we do experiments every day testing theories, looking for new methods, increasing our knowledge and we can only go off the results of those tests as to what 'we' deem as possible at this time.

It isnt arrogance its the not knowing part (yes, scientific ignorance) and we are constantly learning more and more about how everything works through science. And so far theoretically NOTHING can come even close to the speed of light (a large object such as even a drone) using the knowledge we have. Is it possible, yes, is it improbable? using current knowledge, yes.

Its all well and good saying but thats our knowledge not some theoretical extra terrestrial species with knowledge 1 million years beyond our own, yeh, great, and that knowledge is pathetic compared to the mystical space whale which can instantly appear at any place in space time through manipulation of time and space through its blow hole.

Until extra terrestrials appear and share knowledge of how to travel faster than light or bend space time through localised worm holes (or we eventually figure it out ourselves) then we can only go off of what we know through constant theories, experimentation and testing.

And like I said, its not beyond the realms of possibility that we are indeed unique (not saying we are by the way, just that it is possible, it goes both ways this opening you mind thing)

Anyway, keep them coming, very interesting conversation, we usually have these conversations at 2am slightly inebriated.

Yes my stance isn't anyone is saying we know everything about space or even need to. Mine is that we're incredibly early, not even close to something that constituents any respect in terms of travel in space.

I think it is arrogant to say what is possible for space travel when everyone admits we are definitely in the early days of understanding space and space travel. The rules we're laying down for the speed of light are nothing but an obstacle. Brute forcing speed might not be the only way, there could be shortcuts as others have mentioned.

The best minds on the planet were saying flight was impossible not long ago. If we were debating the possibility of flight on a forum in those days, you can imagine which side of the debate people here might be on.

It's impossible to cross the Atlantic too or communicate across the planet in a millisecond. We're just in this weird early days "snapshot" that we fail to realize.

I just think it's more likely that these reports from all over the world are some species that aren't in the early days of space travel. I know that insults some people to hear. But I doubt it's some conspiracy. I'm talking about legitimate claims with pilots and radar from all over the world that describe objects moving in ways that would kill a human. Why would a Belgium General admit this to the public 50 years ago and show the video of a radar return that mirrors the statements of Iranian, US pilots going back all the way back to WW2? The idea of secret blacks ops pilots screwing with countries all over the world makes no sense either when they don't practice that.

I just think that at its core, the idea encroaches on a personal level "how dare you! humans are the best! We're unique!" I think that's the deep root of all this. It's a very human way to think that lacks perspective on our continual failures and puts all the thought process on "look how far we've come!" Every religion, nation, and ethnicity that I've spent time with, all think they're the best. That's the core human problem here in my opinion. We've been trained to think that way from a young age going back thousands of years. Phrases like we're the center of the universe, we're rulers/shepherds of the planet Earth(which is falling apart) are known to almost everyone.

it would be completely different if we were asserting something about white blood cells, gasoline engines, or something we have a very good understanding of. But it's the opposite, our incredibly confident assertions are on a subject we know the least about. I think it's more likely some species(s) are out there that really aren't that advanced, but a whole lot more advanced than us, have exercised their ability to travel the cosmos and it seems so ridiculous to us because we're in this weird early days snapshot of crude technology.

Last edited:

Doczu

200.gif

Me and my bois waiting for some heavy hitting, juicy xeno evidence.

Just_one

i truely think major information will only come out to the public once there is a video of an alien aircraft shown on tv and all world wide media talks about it.

until then everything will go unnotice and no one will care

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Can you rephrase please?

In the post that you had replied to I was referencing how pictueres aren't good enough [for skeptics] and implied moving goalposts. I gave an example of my phone which was flagship for it's time a few years ago and having a shit time photographing something like the moon in regards to complaints about potato quality "evidence" and the "we live in an age of smartphones, live stream, etc" argument about not having photo evidence. The flip side though is when there are good pictures taken then the argument becomes "it's fake" and that nothing "in terms of pictures" will ever be good enough.

Last edited:
i truely think major information will only come out to the public once there is a video of an alien aircraft shown on tv and all world wide media talks about it.

until then everything will go unnotice and no one will care
I can't imagine the level of detail scrutinizing and theorizing people will do.

itd be like if a new zelda trailer was released everyone and their mother would be dissecting each pixel of information and speculating.

I think the worst part if authentic footage/spacecraft and info came out would be all the misinformation people would be spreading whether purposefully or not. you'd still have the govt provided info and the publics own mis/disinformation.

shit would just continue to spiral.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The existence of the universe itself is an absurd concept, a paradox. As far as we know, and common sense tells us, nothing comes out of nothing, yet we all cling to this idea of something coming out of just a little something, or this God that somehow has always been there...out of zip.
We all cling to what idea? The current best understanding of how the universe came into existence isn't that the universe comes out of "nothing". It might be described as "nothing" in a colloquial sense, but in a scientific sense there is "something" there. What that is, we don't know, because known principles of physics break down when we extrapolate back far enough in time and we can no longer reliably investigate beyond the Plank time.

In the universe we see today, there are four fundamental forces: gravity, electromagnetism and the strong and weak nuclear forces. But as we look backward in time through the first moments after the Big Bang, the universe becomes so hot and dense that these forces gradually merge into each other. It all happened very quickly; from ten microseconds onward, the four forces looked just as they do today. Before that, however, there was no distinction between the electromagnetic and weak forces – and prior to 10^-36 seconds, these were joined by the strong force as well.

At this point, gravity was still a separate force – and based on current theories, we can’t look back any further in time than this. But it’s widely believed that, given a better understanding of quantum gravity, we’d find that prior to the Planck time gravity was also merged into the other forces. It was only at the Planck time, around 5 × 10^-44 seconds after the Big Bang, that gravity became the separate force we see today.

I swear the only thing the makes a lick of sense is us actually creating the universe via some time machine, but that's a paradox in itself because how the fuck did it happen the first time!?!
That doesn't make sense either.

i wish these undeniably confirmed aliens will clear things up for us.
Waiting on an implausible entity to solve your problems for you is not a pathway to true discovery and enlightenment. Do it yourself. Until we find the answers through our own tools and investigations ("we" is "humanity") please be content with the fact that the only reasonable answers to certain hard questions at the moment is, "I don't know".

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
In the post that you had replied to I was referencing how pictueres aren't good enough [for skeptics] and implied moving goalposts. I gave an example of my phone which was flagship for it's time a few years ago and having a shit time photographing something like the moon in regards to complaints about potato quality "evidence" and the "we live in an age of smartphones, live stream, etc" argument about not having photo evidence. The flip side though is when there are good pictures taken then the argument becomes "it's fake" and that nothing "in terms of pictures" will ever be good enough.

I see. Thank you for clarifying.

I disagree with your premise.

I gave an example of my phone which was flagship for it's time a few years ago and having a shit time photographing something like the moon in regards to complaints about potato quality "evidence" and the "we live in an age of smartphones, live stream, etc" argument about not having photo evidence.
Yes, your "flagship" phone has a hard time taking pics of the moon because it's so bright relative to the rest of the environment. Even $1000 professional cameras have a hard time if the camera operator doesn't know what he or she is doing. Auto modes are not very helpful for moon photos. The point of the "we live in the age of smartphones" argument is thus - you would agree that in the 1970s, 80s, 90s, etc there were very little ways to record photo or video evidence of aliens, and therefore most evidence consisted of eyewitness testimony, yes? Currently, in 2023, we have an unprecedented amount of cameras in our society ranging from personal phones to dashcams, to security cameras, and many other recording devices. Compared to the late 20th century, we have way more capacity to both record video evidence and record higher quality video evidence too.

Thus, I ask you - is the level of claims of aliens the same now, compared to the 1980s? Is the level of photo and video evidence the same now, compared to the 1980s? From what I can tell, we have the same amount of claims about aliens now, perhaps even more. The level of photo/video evidence has not also increased in kind. Why is that?

The flip side though is when there are good pictures taken then the argument becomes "it's fake" and that nothing "in terms of pictures" will ever be good enough.
You are extrapolating a hypothetical "skeptic" that is not operating on the principles of skepticism, assuming the photo evidence is actually good enough. You are creating a strawman argument by imagining an eternally obtuse person who will never accept any form of evidence that is not good. You cannot extrapolate that person from current skeptics, because at this moment in time, there is not definitive proof of aliens, so all skeptics who say, "there is no definitive proof of aliens", is correct.

Let me put it another way - do you consider people who think the Earth is flat as "skeptics"? They are skeptical, for sure, but they are not "skeptics". They ignore all evidence to the contrary and blindly stick to their way of thinking. This is not following the principles of skepticism. They can be shown a perfectly good picture of the planet Earth, yet say "it's fake" all day long, just like your imagined future aliens skeptic. This is not how critical thinking works.

If the actual evidence is strong enough, most skeptics who are following principles of skepticism will accept it.

Romulus

Thus, I ask you - is the level of claims of aliens the same now, compared to the 1980s? Is the level of photo and video evidence the same now, compared to the 1980s? From what I can tell, we have the same amount of claims about aliens now, perhaps even more. The level of photo/video evidence has not also increased in kind. Why is that?

I have a different perspective here. My brother and I were talking about this. There are tons of videos on UFO reddit. That's just one source that I follow. What I see there in six months is about equivalent to all the good UFO VHS vids we had in the 90s and early 2000s. Six months vs about 12 years. I'm just referencing the unknown ones, not the ones that are identified. People quickly toss out the starlink and drones stuff.

Alot of the vids are people posting stuff from a cellphone and they swear it was this or that shape in real life, but the cellphone doesn't capture it well enough, those are downvoted and thrown out. So we have to assume every last one of those is bullshit for years and years.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I have a different perspective here. My brother and I were talking about this. There are tons of videos on UFO reddit. That's just one source that I follow. What I see there in six months is about equivalent to all the good UFO VHS vids we had in the 90s and early 2000s. Six months vs about 12 years. I'm just referencing the unknown ones, not the ones that are identified. People quickly toss out the starlink and drones stuff.

Alot of the vids are people posting stuff from a cellphone and they swear it was this or that shape in real life, but the cellphone doesn't capture it well enough, those are downvoted and thrown out. So we have to assume every last one of those is bullshit for years and years.

So after all that filtering, are we left with anything of substance that is significantly more compelling than any photo or video evidence from 40 years ago?

Romulus

So after all that filtering, are we left with anything of substance that is significantly more compelling than any photo or video evidence from 40 years ago?

I think so. But I liken it to pics of photos that Russia/Iran etc obtained from US black project crafts like the SR71, which are probably blurry out of focus, and generally terrible, but somehow we expect to have tons of great pics from potentially otherworldly craft.

I tend to put stock in the military operations around the world that describe the objects in a similar manner with radar returns.

Last edited:

Crayon

From what I've seen there are way more pics and vids now thank to phones but they are all blurry. Almost as bad as old camcorders. Phones are just bad for that. What's more useful info is that none(?) show crazy manuevers. But yes, of course there are more.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think so. But I liken it to pics of photos that Russia/Iran etc obtained from US black project crafts like the SR71, which are probably blurry out of focus, and generally terrible, but somehow we expect to have tons of great pics from potentially otherworldly craft.
We are? I don't think we are. We have amazing camera tech now not just in phones but in professional and prosumer equipment. Even hobbyist amateur photographers have incredible access to high fidelity capture that their professional counterparts 40 years ago could only dream about. So yes, I expect the level of quality of our photo and video evidence to have caught up.

From what I've seen there are way more pics and vids now thank to phones but they are all blurry. Almost as bad as old camcorders. Phones are just bad for that. What's more useful info is that none(?) show crazy manuevers. But yes, of course there are more.

More trash, that's for sure. Which lends credence to the Occam's Razor point of view that most people are mistaken or lying.

Crayon

More trash, that's for sure. Which lends credence to the Occam's Razor point of view that most people are mistaken or lying.

I personally don't take Occam's razor too seriously. It's a nice mantra, and probably a decent starting out point, but it is just a mantra. I could arbitrarily say ghosts are the simplest explanation.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I personally don't take Occam's razor too seriously. It's a nice mantra, and probably a decent starting out point, but it is just a mantra. I could arbitrarily say ghosts are the simplest explanation.
That's not what Occam's Razor means. Occam's Razor is to prefer the hypothesis that has the fewest assumptions. From my point of view, the untrustworthy nature of human senses, the propensity for human brains to hallucinate, and the propensity for humans to lie are all well documented and well understood aspects of being human that don't require any assumptions about the existence of aliens or an unreasonably large government conspiracy that covers this information up.

Even if we did go by the more colloquial understanding of Occam's Razor of going with the simplest explanation, your example of ghosts is still invalid. Ghosts are not a proven entity and as such cannot be used as a candidate explanation.

Last edited:

Crayon

That's not what Occam's Razor means. Occam's Razor is to prefer the hypothesis that has the fewest assumptions. From my point of view, the untrustworthy nature of human senses, the propensity for human brains to hallucinate, and the propensity for humans to lie are all well documented and well understood aspects of being human that don't require any assumptions about the existence of aliens or an unreasonably large government conspiracy that covers this information up.

Even if we did go by the more colloquial understanding of Occam's Razor of going with the simplest explanation, your example of ghosts is still invalid. Ghosts are not a proven entity and as such cannot be used as a candidate explanation.

I understand and that is no more useful. All that is arbitrary and goes in circles. You can go ahead and rock it and I defer to it sometimes myself just to turn things over but I'll never uyse it to back up an argument because of how I feel about it. Again, no problem with other people using it. I just don't find it that convincing. Now I could talk about how poor on average people's recall is and the various motivations to con and I could arrive at the same conclusion as you that the visual evidence is generally crap over decades. It took a few more steps but it's more solid than a repeat-after-me declaration.

Romulus

We are? I don't think we are. We have amazing camera tech now not just in phones but in professional and prosumer equipment. Even hobbyist amateur photographers have incredible access to high fidelity capture that their professional counterparts 40 years ago could only dream about. So yes, I expect the level of quality of our photo and video evidence to have caught up.

The issue is we're basing most of this off of these military pilots' testimony and the radar techs. The one constant is their insane "erratic jerky" movements. How many of these devices are meant to capture something from another world? That's the subject matter we're discussing. Where are all these pics of black projects over the decades? We are expected to capture alien craft on all these great cameras, but not human craft? There are cellphones everywhere etc, where are the pics of the successor to the Stealth bomber? They told us it exists and even told us it's been in testing for 10 years but the only pics I've seen are official Air Force pics inside a hanger. Same goes for other countries' secret craft.

Last edited:

Crayon

The issue is we're basing most of this off of these military pilots' testimony and the radar techs. The one constant is their insane "erratic jerky" movements. How many of these devices are meant to capture something from another world? Where are all these pics of black projects over the decades? We are expected to capture alien craft on all these great cameras, but not human craft?

That's true too. Knocking down the worst evidence over and over is a dead end. That was most of what is available. The best evidence for solid object flying around was always military reports. It still is but now that standard has been ratcheted up several notches.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I understand and that is no more useful. All that is arbitrary and goes in circles. You can go ahead and rock it and I defer to it sometimes myself just to turn things over but I'll never uyse it to back up an argument because of how I feel about it. Again, no problem with other people using it. I just don't find it that convincing. Now I could talk about how poor on average people's recall is and the various motivations to con and I could arrive at the same conclusion as you that the visual evidence is generally crap over decades. It took a few more steps but it's more solid than a repeat-after-me declaration.
I don't know where you're getting arbitrary and "repeat-after-me" from. It's quantifiable, and there is reasoning behind it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Okay then go for it. I'm not offended or anything.
Go for what? Using Occam's Razor to analyze why the quality and quantity of evidence for aliens (and bigfoot and the loch ness monster and ghosts) has not significantly increased while our capacity to record such evidence has significantly increased?

I still am curious to see why you think it's arbitrary.

Last edited:

Romulus

In terms of our understanding of physics, I think this is equally impressive as the insane speed recordings. The ability of a solid object to hover at 0mph in category 4 hurricane speeds with no wings or visible propulsion.

Romulus

Poland 1983 case involving fighter jets.

In an recent interview with TVN24, reserve colonel Maciej Matysiak described a situation from June 1983, during which an unidentified object appeared over the Baltic Sea, and jet fighters from Słupsk, from the Redzikowo airport, were sent to intercept and came into direct visual contact with the object and were unable to identify it. One of the pilots reported that it was neither an aircraft nor anything that could be identified, he described the object as a "cigar-shaped" that "did not emit smoke and was spinning around its axis". He remained in visual contact with it for more than 20 minutes. Not only that, but the pilot was ordered to shoot the object, which he ultimately did not carry out, due to the unexpected rapid manoeuvres of the object. This later gave rise to prosecution proceedings for failing to carry out the order to fire aiming to shoot down the object. After landing, the pilot managed to report the whole incident to his colleagues at the airport. Later, the prosecutor's office and military counterintelligence prohibited him and his colleagues from disseminating this information.

This story was also described over the years by other Polish MSM (for example Gazeta Wyborcza in 2021). According to them, on June 6th 1983, a radar operator at the Slupsk military airport spotted an Unidentified Flying Object in Polish airspace north of Darłowo. It put everyone on high alert, especially that the Cold War was ongoing and Poland was a country that was a dependency of the USSR. During the communist era, the state border was a true iron curtain. The air border was under special protection. The Warsaw Pact, including the Polish army, was constantly preparing for a confrontation with NATO. The coast in particular was downright dotted with numerous landing troops, airfields, anti-aircraft defence bases with radars, etc. And not only Polish ones, the Red Army was also stationed here. NATO reconnaissance aircraft, including the famous SR-71, frequently appeared over this part of the country. In addition, from time to time there were attempts by civilian aircraft to escape from Poland to Sweden. As a result, almost the entire north of the country was under strict military surveillance. Action had to be taken. On duty jets from Słupsk and Zegrze became airborne immediately. A few minutes after take-off, the pilot of the TS-11 Iskra jet from Zegrze - Captain Praszczałek - was to say:

- I see the target. It is the colour of steel, looks like a rotating cigar, turns like a boomerang. There are no visible markings or features of any aircraft. The pilot's description was relayed to the Chief of Staff of the Air Force. The pilots continued to remain in visual contact with the strange object and awaited further orders. After twenty minutes, the Air Force Headquarters issued a decision: Shoot down the object! Before the pilot had time to fire, however, the object had disappeared.

Examing his verbiage after the hearing is quite interesting. Alot of the answers to these questions could simply be "no" but he chooses a very different path.

His vibe totally changes with that topic and you can see him thinking about what he wants to say. It's very interesting...

There's this thing when people know the truth to something and kinda spell it out but do it in the way that feels like a joke so no one takes it seriously. I hear that at the end with Obama saying the US having an alien space craft feels tame in the world of conspiracies now.

Last edited:

Nester99

Amazing and %100 valid response to the knee-jerk “lol showaz me da evadense!!!” crowd.

It’s really not.

The police officer and the DA are not getting a conviction without witness testimony or hard evidence. It’s a start but we need hard evidence for a conclusion.

Hope all the evidence he discusses in the hearing gets investigated quickly and released publicly.

Romulus

Some people ask how this can be kept a secret.

In black projects, they have what is called compartmentalization. Essentially, you and I can have a top-secret clearance. You can literally have a higher clearance than me and broader access, but if I work on black projects, you aren't allowed to know anything about my work unless you need to. This is incredibly serious stuff with the way they handle and restrict information. This is exactly the way they kept the black projects secret for decades and I would argue whatever they know about potential UAPs is treated with the same or higher levels of compartmentalization.

The only reason I'm mentioning this is because I've seen "how are all these people keeping it a secret?" The same way we all watched the Gulf War and suddenly saw new technology that had been in secret development for decades. The public didn't know. You're talking thousands of people.

Last edited:
Some people ask how this can be kept a secret.

In black projects, they have what is called compartmentalization. Essentially, you and I can have a top-secret clearance. You can literally have a higher clearance than me and broader access, but if I work on black projects, you aren't allowed to know anything about my work unless you need to. This is incredibly serious stuff with the way they handle and restrict information. This is exactly the way they kept the black projects secret for decades and I would argue whatever they know about potential UAPs is treated with the same or higher levels of compartmentalization.

The only reason I'm mentioning this is because I've seen "how are all these people keeping it a secret?" The same way we all watched the Gulf War and suddenly saw new technology that had been in secret development for decades. The public didn't know. You're talking thousands of people.
It's not been a secret since the 40s!

midnightAI

I'm sure you know this and you weren't claiming otherwise: the bible includes historical references that were proven to be true. The problem is separating the wheat (truth) from the chaff (BS). Say, that's a turn-of-phrase that appears in the bible!
So does Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Edit: damnit, I should have said 'Life of Brian', that has ET's in it, missed being clever.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
What's pretty clear at this point is that US intelligence believes these things are real, that they have programs to investigate them, and that some of these projects may be dark/illegally funded.

I think that alone is enough to be worth taking the issue seriously and pulling at some of these threads.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I can’t believe I’m about to say this but it was confirmed to me from someone who works by that department at the pentagon and said everything grusch said is true and to keep and eye on him specifically and that we have several of these crafts in all types of conditions along with the bodies living and non living and left it at that.

I’ve been harassing them for quite a while and now that cat is coming out the bag so to speak.

Please don’t come at me over this, I’m just giving info I heard from a source that I’m friends with and we talk time to time but this caught me off guard after asking about it for so long that when we’d speak, the first thing he’d say to me was “no there’s no aliens” and we’d laugh and talk about our lives outside of what we do!

I can't believe you said that too.

Forgive me if I reserve judgement until I hear from more credible sources than your uncle who works at Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom