• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayon

The movie is the standard alien abduction story, i watched half of it but found the movie boring so i gave up, listening to the cases is more interesting and creepy for me.

Oh man I think it's anything but standard!

wassas.jpg

It's got more cowbell.

Romulus

These kind of encounters were always reported by pilots, but they for some reason become much popular these days.

Yes, but reports were always "something was higher than me" and not "something isn't obeying the laws of physics" along with radar hits too.

The other big problem with that is SR71 comparison those pilots didn't do dangerous flybys against friendlies to the point it became part of mission briefings.

Last edited:

Crayon

What’s the consensus on Steven Greer? He is obviously full of shit, right?

So full of shit. Now, he did organize a presser back in 2000 called the disclosure project. For the time, that was a huge step in ufology and it was well done. That put him on the map.

Since then, he's slid into being a regular on the circuit and making a big career out of it. This reminds me of Linda Moulton Howe. She did great work on cattle mutilations ages ago. Whatever you think of that, she was vigilant and trying to do some real investigation. Since then.... again she became a fixture in conventions and the like. Selling books, signing autographs, and making a decades long career with a bunch of BS. Several others have gone down the same path.

Greer is on another level though. He charges people to come on alien-meeting tours with him. Just terrible. I forgive anyone for prematurely deciding we are dealing with aliens, because that is a reasonable enough conclusion. But anyone claiming to know their motivations, origins, how many species, etc is a huge red flag.

This is the kind of shit I've had to wade through for years!!!!!!! The best cases have always been military reports and testimony and now we have some of those people taking the stand. It's a whole new world. Have you ever listened to Richard Hoagland for 3 hours just to see if he can corroborate a shred of anyone else's story? It's torture!!!

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
He's one of those people that even if he was telling the truth he just comes off so slimy it would be hard to even believe him.
I didn’t even register him as slimy, although I guess he is. What put my defenses up is how he claims to have the whole story no one else has, and he knows what we need to believe, and we need to believe HIM, because there’s a lot of harmful people trying to do evil and it can only be thwarted if we listen to his sage wisdom and hidden knowledge. I’ve been down that path before. It’s how charlatans entrap their victims. It’s how many cults work.

Romulus

Greer fucks it up for people new on the topic because he has a few documentaries. That's all we need is a sleezy doctor telling everyone he has all the answers lol. 5 minutes of Fravor is more compelling than Greers entire career.

Last edited:

Crayon

I didn’t even register him as slimy, although I guess he is. What put my defenses up is how he claims to have the whole story no one else has, and he knows what we need to believe, and we need to believe HIM, because there’s a lot of harmful people trying to do evil and it can only be thwarted if we listen to his sage wisdom and hidden knowledge. I’ve been down that path before. It’s how charlatans entrap their victims. It’s how many cults work.

You're not far off the mark. A lot of people into UFOs are believers in the sense that they think aliens are here specifically to help mankind and that's all they want to hear. It is like a light religion. You may hear it referred to as the "space brothers" narrative.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
You're not far off the mark. A lot of people into UFOs are believers in the sense that they think aliens are here specifically to help mankind and that's all they want to hear. It is like a light religion. You may hear it referred to as the "space brothers" narrative.
Then Greer is probably exploiting that instinct in people, and perverting it to his own ends.

Doczu

What do you mean?
Oh, just silly sarcasm.
Sorry, should have added 'according to some' the earth is only 6000 years old (and I can name the person who really pisses me off over this young earth bullshit if you like, initials KH)

But the fact that it's 'part historic and part religious' with plenty of made up stories (lessons?) on top is why you can't believe what is written when we are talking about burning chariots from the sky and having some sort of correlation with extra terrestrial life (which is what started this conversation)
Of course you can't take the Bible at face value. We're talking about one of the earliest books, written thousands of years ago, translated many times.

Howwvee stop focusing on just Christianity. Mentions about possible alien sightings are mentioned in other religions too.
*cough* Depends which version of the bible you are referring to..

And, MAN has been on earth for about 6,000 years. This does have Biblical backing. One need only add up the ages of the forefathers, all the way back the Adam. In essence, when the Bible says that “such and such begot such and such and lived for such and such years then he died” you can just add up those years to get when Adam was born (4026 BCE).
*Cough* please show it then. I base my Bible readings on 2 polish translations (NT BP) and read some KJ in english to compare and fine my language skills and there isno mention of a 6 thousand year old Earth.

The idea of mankind being on Earth for ~6 thousand years is another can of works but please don't try to stick it to Christians. We didn't write the Old Book, we use it as part of an duology. Ask the Jews and discuss it with them.

Now, to at least try to get back on topic: i don't understand how the US system works and how much time can go between point A (the hearings) to point B (some evidence). Are we talking about days, weeks, months? Years peehaps?

Crayon

That's not artillery. It could be something else, but definitely not that.

I'd also like to see some investigation on the video. Too bad it's easier to fake stuff than ever. Too worse that's it's so easy for someone to declare everything fake out of hand.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Fascinating and jaw dropping stuff man. The info at the bottom of page 12 going into page 13 sounds a lot like what Bob Lazar was working with back at Area 51: that basketball like orb that nuked one of the crew members, trying to harness whatever energy it had. Like the document, Lazar also stated that the progress with reverse engineering whatever they found was an incredibly slow process with little progress.

Last edited:

Doczu

Is Bob Lazar the same guy who was talking about a secret service/army raid of an secret alien FOB? Where one of the guys was hit with a radioactive ray gun?

Is Bob Lazar the same guy who was talking about a secret service/army raid of an secret alien FOB? Where one of the guys was hit with a radioactive ray gun?
Sounds like something a guy called Phil Schneider talked about, during one of his Dulce Base underground facility seminars.

Crayon

Sounds like something a guy called Phil Schneider talked about, during one of his Dulce Base underground facility seminars.

The dude missing fingers, right? I love the story but nothing to go on from there. :< I'd lean towards bs because he has a whiff of self-aggrandizing about him. Hardly damning but I've found it's a pattern in the field. There are mentions of underground this and that over the years but I can't remember anyone backing him up directly.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I was 9 when that happened and I freaked out. Remember it like it was yesterday.

Wow! Would love to hear about the experience!

I just discovered this thread and am catching up on everything. Always been heavy into this stuff. No outrageous theories or anything, but I definitely think we arent alone in this universe. No fucking way.

Wow! Would love to hear about the experience!

I just discovered this thread and am catching up on everything. Always been heavy into this stuff. No outrageous theories or anything, but I definitely think we arent alone in this universe. No fucking way.
That was a time of no internet and the news only came to you on TV. The girls who saw the supposed creature were in every channel. But they remained telling the same story every single time. Nothing added, nothing subtracted. There is also a lot of myth regarding this story, some say they saw army trucks coming in and out of the city, some say a man died of unexplicable cause, but that has never been proved as far as I know. Also, to be honest, there's no way something like this could happen in this country and just be kept a secret for so many years (no one coming out and proving something like that was actually real). I do believe the girls saw something weird. The rest of the story, not so much.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
That was a time of no internet and the news only came to you on TV. The girls who saw the supposed creature were in every channel. But they remained telling the same story every single time. Nothing added, nothing subtracted. There is also a lot of myth regarding this story, some say they saw army trucks coming in and out of the city, some say a man died of unexplicable cause, but that has never been proved as far as I know. Also, to be honest, there's no way something like this could happen in this country and just be kept a secret for so many years (no one coming out and proving something like that was actually real). I do believe the girls saw something weird. The rest of the story, not so much.

It seems like a lot of people were straight up afraid to talk to anyone about the incident because of potential serious repercussions. You should check out "Moment of Contact." It's on Crackle so you can watch it for free :messenger_sunglasses:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Thanks!

Another famous Brazilian case if you're interested (subtitled by me a lonnnngg time ago, sorry for the mistakes)

Yep! The doc I suggested goes over the earlier incidents that occurred before 1996

Also, the director interviews the three girls (now all grown up) and the mother that saw the creature. He even takes them to the exact spot they saw it.

There's interviews with quite a few key witnesses and they all seem pretty damn legit, especially the guy that breaks down when describing what he saw. Sometimes body language is all you need to believe someone.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Maybe? I’ve only heard his interview with Rogan which melted my brain and led me down one hell of a rabbit hole 🥳

Maybe? I’ve only heard his interview with Rogan which melted my brain and led me down one hell of a rabbit hole 🥳
George Knapp is worth checking out on YouTube. He is an investigative reporter, who covers a lot of UFO conspiracy theories. He was the first reporter to interview Bob Lazar on television I think.

Last edited:
I'd love to know who the collaborators are.....lot of wild advancements happening right now.

Last edited:

Doczu

Yeah that's the one. Turns out it was Phil who was supposedly hit with that weapon.
Literally X-Com raid.
It's the guy mentioned by Putinahappyface mentioned

RaduN

On a certain TV show here, some time ago: A romanian invented an engine that works with water. But he was killed by the Oil mafia right before sharing his lifetime work with the world.

The blurry picture of that revolutionary inventor and martyr was of a friend's grandfather.

Yeah, that's about the level of credibility that's the norm in these physics/common sense defying breakthroughs.

MilkyJoe

Just found this quote - in case you are unfamiliar with the name - he dished out the wreckage at Roswell for reverse engineering

“there had to be a way of maintaining full deniability of the flying disk phenomenon while actually preparing the public for a disclosure by gradually desensitizing them to the potential terror of confronting a more powerful biological entity from a different world. It would have to be, General Twining suggested, at the same time both the greatest cover-up and greatest public relations program ever undertaken.”
― Philip J. Corso, The Day After Roswell

Romulus

While obviously more evidence is needed, I wonder if it's a psycological defense mechanism to protect many people's version of reality.

Because you can start at "I need better pics/footage" to "science community confirmation" to "I need to see the bodies/craft with my own eyes!" We can just keep retreating to an impossible scenario without looking at the fact that countries all over the world have been dealing with this on a official government level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom