• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
It’s really not.

The police officer and the DA are not getting a conviction without witness testimony or hard evidence. It’s a start but we need hard evidence for a conclusion.
Wrong. People are convicted for murder and many other serious criminal acts based on eye witness testimony ALONE, and few cases have a witness as credible as Grusch. “Beyond a reasonable doubt” does not mean pictures, DNA, or video footage necessarily. Witness/expert witness testimony are valid evidence. The analogy of Grusch as an investigator is spot on because that was literally his job - to report SAP’s to proper oversight authorities. He’s presenting his findings and now it’s on Congress to “take it from here”.

I agree we need more to come out though, Grusch needs to be in a SCIF, and part of me thinks at this point things will dissolve into the ether because for whatever reason, they won’t be able to hear the details from him. Not to sound conspiratorial, but that really is the last step and I think the “powers” won’t let it happen.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It's been incredibly frustrating these past few years. It feels like we're on the cusp of a huge reveal, but it's being dragged out for years.

I have huge UFO blue balls. World governments should just come out with everything they know so I can bust this UFO nut.

MMaRsu

Banned
More evidence that the American military had vehicles a long time,with eye witnesss. Also diagrams of how they work.

Holy shit at all those people dying when they invented or claimed to have invented free energy. JEsus christ.

How is that not a bigger thing?

All of a sudden these people died? Yeah right

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

It's been incredibly frustrating these past few years. It feels like we're on the cusp of a huge reveal, but it's being dragged out for years.

I have huge UFO blue balls. World governments should just come out with everything they know so I can bust this UFO nut.

That'd be done on purpose

Holy shit at all those people dying when they invented or claimed to have invented free energy. JEsus christ.

How is that not a bigger thing?

All of a sudden these people died? Yeah right

I haven't looked at the vid yet but did it mention that one person who got a motor to work on water? Had a newscast on it in the 70s/80s and mentioned he was going to sell and died a bit later?

Nester99

Wrong. People are convicted for murder and many other serious criminal acts based on eye witness testimony ALONE, and few cases have a witness as credible as Grusch. “Beyond a reasonable doubt” does not mean pictures, DNA, or video footage necessarily. Witness/expert witness testimony are valid evidence. The analogy of Grusch as an investigator is spot on because that was literally his job - to report SAP’s to proper oversight authorities. He’s presenting his findings and now it’s on Congress to “take it from here”.

I agree we need more to come out though, Grusch needs to be in a SCIF, and part of me thinks at this point things will dissolve into the ether because for whatever reason, they won’t be able to hear the details from him. Not to sound conspiratorial, but that really is the last step and I think the “powers” won’t let it happen.

I am not sure what you are trying to say that is different than what i said.
Grush is not an eye witness, He interviewed the witness, time for them to make statements under oath to Congress.

Interviewing the investigator is not eye witness testimony and will not get a conviction. Is it credible, yes, is it enough? no.

I absolutely agree with your second paragraph. They wont let the next steps happen.

If only everyone was as open to this as Michio. People asking for credible voices well here's one.

Michio Kaku

"Let's say they are extraterrestrial. Then what does it mean for a physicist? Well, you talk to a physicist about these objects, and most physicists would roll their eyes, look up in the sky, raise their hands and say "impossible" because of the fact it takes centuries, centuries for a rocket to go from one planet to another planet in another solar system, impractical. But you see, there's a mistake there. The mistake there is to assume that the aliens are a few hundred years more advanced than us, that's the mistake that a majority of scientists make. That's why they say "bah-humbug, no way these objects can reach us. They're too far away." But you see, let's now assume that they are millions of years more advanced than us. And of course, the universe is over 13 billion years old."

( The bolded part sounds like a couple posters earlier lol)

Last edited:

Smoke6

The bible is neither a science book nor is it a history book.
Well that’s what you think!

From my understanding it just has bits and pieces to a long history of what’s been going on here since before our time. You can call it what you want but it’s mentioned in bibles from all religions just about. It’s in ancient texts and all!

So when you think about GOD creating earth, did he do it from his home or did he do it from space?

midnightAI

Well that’s what you think!

From my understanding it just has bits and pieces to a long history of what’s been going on here since before our time. You can call it what you want but it’s mentioned in bibles from all religions just about. It’s in ancient texts and all!

So when you think about GOD creating earth, did he do it from his home or did he do it from space?
I don't think about God creating the earth?
And God supposedly created space so how did he do it from space if space never existed in the first place? (Oh, and according to the bible this happened 6000 years ago, but that's another (tall) story)

But my personal opinion and bias aside, even most Christians including Priests etc. will tell you that the bible is not a history book, it's a religious book. And 'if' there are such things as extra Terrestrials then that puts in to question the whole concept of God as written in the bible and other religious texts.

Last edited:
Also man I'm so thankful NeoGAF exists. Ive been going back and forth between this place and resetera and the amount of restrictions they have on this topic is insanity. You can't post YouTube videos that aren't highly reputable, you can't post things that aren't confirmed, you can't talk about crackpot theories.

It's hard to comprehend how you can have a topic about aliens being on earth and not get into the weeds of possibilities and speculation. I mean having a topic about aliens being here for years and not being able to discuss it without walking on eggshells is wack. Getting bans over that? Insanity. If you don't like it, If you don't believe it ...then don't enter the thread. Idk how anyone can enjoy being on such a heavily moderated forum.

midnightAI

Also man I'm so thankful NeoGAF exists. Ive been going back and forth between this place and resetera and the amount of restrictions they have on this topic is insanity. You can't post YouTube videos that aren't highly reputable, you can't post things that aren't confirmed, you can't talk about crackpot theories.

It's hard to comprehend how you can have a topic about aliens being on earth and not get into the weeds of possibilities and speculation. I mean having a topic about aliens being here for years and not being able to discuss it without walking on eggshells is wack. Getting bans over that? Insanity. If you don't like it, If you don't believe it ...then don't enter the thread. Idk how anyone can enjoy being on such a heavily moderated forum.
What's the point of a forum if you can't talk about stuff and put your point across?

We may have disagreements but that's what makes it interesting, if we all thought the same then why post at all without alternative viewpoints?

MMaRsu

Banned

You cant even talk about one of the most succesfull videogames of the year over there. They crazy af

I'm really hoping the people who worked in reverse engineering programs start testifying under oath. Ross claims he's talking with people who were on those programs. Also claims some are considering coming forward. That'd be wild.

Sirolf

Quoted for thruth.. Thanks GAF !!

Crayon

What's the point of a forum if you can't talk about stuff and put your point across?

We may have disagreements but that's what makes it interesting, if we all thought the same then why post at all without alternative viewpoints?

Resetera has unfortunately evolved to be backwards about precisely everything.

Last edited:

Crayon

So more like Reversera? (I'll see myself out)

nicholas-cage-funny.gif

Doczu

I don't think about God creating the earth?
And God supposedly created space so how did he do it from space if space never existed in the first place? (Oh, and according to the bible this happened 6000 years ago, but that's another (tall) story)

But my personal opinion and bias aside, even most Christians including Priests etc. will tell you that the bible is not a history book, it's a religious book. And 'if' there are such things as extra Terrestrials then that puts in to question the whole concept of God as written in the bible and other religious texts.
No. There is nothing in the Bible that states the Earth is 6 thousand years old.
This is an idea made up by a XVII century arch bishop who thought the genealogies in the Bible are acurate. They are not, his theory isn't even considered valid anymore (not counting some pr*testant tv priests from the US) and i would love if keyboard atheists did a little more of research (which they are supposedly known for) than copy-pasting reddit level crap.

The Bible is a mixture of a religious and historical book, with the New Testament being more historical accurate than the Old book and that one can be considered a fan-fic history of the middle east.

Romulus

I think a strange angle I heard was that Grusch probably isn't lying, and he saw programs that are designed to look like UAP reverse engineering programs.

So the entire list he is providing are the ones deceiving him would be the implication.

That's almost more difficult to believe, especially if/when they are called into testify.

Crayon

I think a strange angle I heard was that Grusch probably isn't lying, and he saw programs that are designed to look like UAP reverse engineering programs.

So the entire list he is providing are the ones deceiving him would be the implication.

That's almost more difficult to believe, especially if/when they are called into testify.

That's on the table for me, but the fact that this has been going on so fricken long makes it hard to believe.

Yeah that seems kinda weird. Especially since Ross is claiming theres some willing to potentially testify soon like you said.

midnightAI

No. There is nothing in the Bible that states the Earth is 6 thousand years old.
This is an idea made up by a XVII century arch bishop who thought the genealogies in the Bible are acurate. They are not, his theory isn't even considered valid anymore (not counting some pr*testant tv priests from the US) and i would love if keyboard atheists did a little more of research (which they are supposedly known for) than copy-pasting reddit level crap.

The Bible is a mixture of a religious and historical book, with the New Testament being more historical accurate than the Old book and that one can be considered a fan-fic history of the middle east.
Sorry, should have added 'according to some' the earth is only 6000 years old (and I can name the person who really pisses me off over this young earth bullshit if you like, initials KH)

But the fact that it's 'part historic and part religious' with plenty of made up stories (lessons?) on top is why you can't believe what is written when we are talking about burning chariots from the sky and having some sort of correlation with extra terrestrial life (which is what started this conversation)

Liljagare

*cough* Depends which version of the bible you are referring to..

And, MAN has been on earth for about 6,000 years. This does have Biblical backing. One need only add up the ages of the forefathers, all the way back the Adam. In essence, when the Bible says that “such and such begot such and such and lived for such and such years then he died” you can just add up those years to get when Adam was born (4026 BCE).

Draugoth

Gold Member

The SR-71's BlackBird was developed in 1964. That plane is impressive even by today's standards. You dont even have to have an alien to be in the realm of ultra classified.

So they probably have stuff cooking up that look sci-fi shit somewhere

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
This might be too meta if so sorry but why'd our good friend nope out of here after trying to shut everyone down who even considers the possibility that we might have been visited by extraterrestrials?

Crayon

And, MAN has been on earth for about 6,000 years. This does have Biblical backing. One need only add up the ages of the forefathers, all the way back the Adam. In essence, when the Bible says that “such and such begot such and such and lived for such and such years then he died” you can just add up those years to get when Adam was born (4026 BCE).

"Enoch begot Methusehla. who lived for 900 years. He did not smoke, drank lots of water, and always wore sunscreen."

Liljagare

Anyway, the only thing coming out of this is again going to be more book deals and 0 evidence.

Christians, muslims etc, alien believers, are all on the same level.

0% evidence, and everyone keep on grasping onto halmstraws.

UPA's, if they exist are from this planet.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

Even if you disconsider fossil evidence, we have archeological evidence of advanced human neolitic societies from upwards of 9500 BCE, which contradicts any date given by young earth creationists (see Göbekli Tepe)

Last edited:

Liljagare

Even if you disconsider fossil evidence, we have archeological evidence of advanced human neolitic societies from upwards of 9500 BCE, which contradicts any date given by yougn earth creationists (see Göbekli Tepe)

Which has nothing to do with the subject.

On a fun note, we actually have evidence of advanced civs from over 80K years ago, still, has nothing to do with this topic.

Last edited:
The SR-71's BlackBird was develoepd in 1964. That plane is impressive even by today's standards. You dont even have to have an alien to be in the realm of ultra classified.

Yeah this is why the UAP's arent the thing that interests me. I can totally believe the US has tech like this ( though it doesn't make sense to test the tech dangerously close to the navy ).

To me what's interesting is the black programs that involve reverse engineering exotic tech and there being bodies. That's obviously the crazy bit of this.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Yeah this is why the UAP's arent the thing that interests me. I can totally believe the US has tech like this ( though it doesn't make sense to test the tech dangerously close to the navy ).

To me what's interesting is the black programs that involve reverse engineering exotic tech and there being bodies. That's obviously the crazy bit of this.

If I had access to technology from extraterrestrial civilizations that could give me an edge agaisnt other countries in an arms race i would want it to be a secret too

Last edited:
If I had access to technology from extraterrestrial civilizations that could give me an edge agaisnt other countries in an arms race i would want it to be a secret too
Oh I totally get why they'd keep it secret. In the wrong hands it could be dangerous.

Having said that, it's also keeping society back potentially. If they have access to free energy we could transform our world for the better...

Romulus

The SR-71's BlackBird was developed in 1964. That plane is impressive even by today's standards. You dont even have to have an alien to be in the realm of ultra classified.

Agreed.

But I disagree that the SR71 came off like sci-fi because it made sense. When the SR71 was being designed, they already had fairly advanced jet fighters. These were built to carry payloads of armament and needed to perform a variety of missions. The SR71 was purpose-built for speed. It was a speed demon, and that makes complete sense. If you strip out all the electronics from your car, all the bullshit you don't need, and quadruple the engine power, it will go much, much faster. Not minimizing the SR71 at all because it was a feat for what it was designed for but it wasn't anywhere close to head scratching scifi. Just looking at the thing you could tell it was a bullet. I think the X-15 was much faster though only a few years later too.

The stuff pilots are reporting now is very different. They don't even take into consideration aerodynamics or the forces of gravity it seems.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Oh I totally get why they'd keep it secret. In the wrong hands it could be dangerous.

Having said that, it's also keeping society back potentially. If they have access to free energy we could transform our world for the better...
I know we are dealing with hypotheticals here, but what is the right hands? US government/military? The only way this isn't dangerous is if it's in no one's hands (absolute power corrupts absolutely)

Last edited:
I know we are dealing with hypotheticals here, but what is the right hands? US government/military? The only way this isn't dangerous is if it's in no one's hands (absolute power corrupts absolutely)
Well yeah I agree that ideally it's in no one's hands. However, I think if North Korea or Putin got ahold of tech like that they could easily be the world superpower which to me is terrifying. I think it's terrifying in anyone's control but in the wrong hands it can be used to take over and no one would be able to stop them.

Crayon

Ever seen Communion?

MV5BYThjNGM5YzAtZDk0ZC00MTZlLTlhOTktZjMxYjk3YmQ0OGI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA1NDY3NzY@._V1_.jpg

Some people hate it. I love it. Walken makes you feel like you are going insane with him. It's based on the book and I think it's super creepy.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ever seen Communion?

MV5BYThjNGM5YzAtZDk0ZC00MTZlLTlhOTktZjMxYjk3YmQ0OGI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA1NDY3NzY@._V1_.jpg

Some people hate it. I love it. Walken makes you feel like you are going insane with him. It's based on the book and I think it's super creepy.

The movie is the standard alien abduction story, i watched half of it but found the movie boring so i gave up, listening to the cases is more interesting and creepy for me.

Agreed.

But I disagree that the SR71 came off like sci-fi because it made sense. When the SR71 was being designed, they already had fairly advanced jet fighters. These were built to carry payloads of armament and needed to perform a variety of missions. The SR71 was purpose-built for speed. It was a speed demon, and that makes complete sense. If you strip out all the electronics from your car, all the bullshit you don't need, and quadruple the engine power, it will go much, much faster. Not minimizing the SR71 at all because it was a feat for what it was designed for but it wasn't anywhere close to head scratching scifi. Just looking at the thing you could tell it was a bullet. I think the X-15 was much faster though only a few years later too.

The stuff pilots are reporting now is very different. They don't even take into consideration aerodynamics or the forces of gravity it seems.

These kind of encounters were always reported by pilots, but they for some reason become much popular these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom