• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines |OT| Game Over Man, GAME OVER!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

Ehm..

Yeah, ill just..

umm..

oh god..

Wow, that's actually pretty freaking awesome.

I think it's a joke taken from Duty Calls.

So, why was the Wii U version delayed? I love train wrecks, I guess I'll rent it when it's out since there aren't other games to check out lol
:(

So it was just clever video editing, and you do not actually rank up in the game? Or hear that weird sound clip congratulations?

Sojgat

Waiting on comments about the 4-player coop experience, esp on the hardest difficulties.
And for people who played the versus gametype with a bunch of friends.
And is there matchmaking for the online coop?

Playing co-op on the hardest difficulty is the way to go. Sadly, you probably need to play through the game once first to unlock the weapons. Ultimate Badass difficulty takes away the HUD and crosshairs, so you really need to unlock some laser sights, and the more powerful ammo types (which unlock at level 20). If you can play with a group of like-minded friends you could probably have a lot of fun ridiculing and laughing at the game. I would love to see the GiantBomb guys do a 4 player Endurance Run of this game more than anything in the world.

There is matchmaking for the online co-op, and all the competitive modes blow IMO.

So it was just clever video editing, and you do not actually rank up in the game? Or hear that weird sound clip congratulations?

The sound clip is from another game, but you do rank up and see the notification. There are challenges like COD and everything!

SparkTR

Has there been a non-Predator related Alien shooter that didn't suck? The last couple I can think of are Aliens Online and Alien Trilogy, and both of those were pretty much trash.

Ooops. I was only referring to the audio clip. Looks like you can rank up in the game, according to the achievements list. Maybe it's MP only? I haven't played the game, sorry :(

ironcreed

Banned
Jesus, this game looks like a train wreck. The janked out animations, the horrible sound effects, the ham, the hilariously bad A.I... just damn. This should have been budget priced straight out of the gate.

Ok, I just watched some walkthrough vids of this game.

The graphics, glitches, tearing, retarded AI, horrible animation and pacing are really only just minor issues compared to the sexist POS story.

Warning massive spoiler ahead, so don't highlight unless you're sure you want to:

Hicks coming back, with some rage inducingly boring ass explanation is probably the worst retcon I've ever seen. Honestly, this is grade A level fanfiction bullshit. This is insulting and reeks of stupid fans getting their way with a story. Horrible.

Yeah right, Weyland troops were in Orbit over Fury 161 but didn't bother to check the surface...
Hicks planting another body in the cryo tube for whatever bullshit reason...
Ripley and Newt being turned into Women in a fridge tropes just so that Gearbox can spin their macho sexist Marine bullshit story avenging the death of those poor helpless women as uber masculine males with massive guns and badass one liners.

This is downright insulting in it's infantile, sexist and condescending writing.

This is a new level of bad and embarassing. If you thought Other M was bad in it's depiction of women and character retcon, this basically takes Ripley, puts a princess gown on her and skullfucks her character and achievements in one foul coma inducing pile of vomit.

AGAIN!!!! Don't look this up if you want to experience the worst fanfiction ever produced in playable form yourself.

Jubbly

95vQZc4.jpg

Finished on Hardened, collected all but one of the stupid collectibles. Do not buy this game at full price.

5/10 for SP, going up to a whopping 6/10 for MP/Co-Op.

Amazes me that the 2010 AvP looks better than this and is in many ways a better game (even though it has its own, massive failings). Gearbox should be ashamed of this, and as nice as Mikey Neumann is, the story sucked, which is particularly galling after he openly mocked the scripting of Sega's trailer.

Does the Wii U version actually look that bad as in that video? ugh..

Haha, you people so silly, that's footage from Aliens vs. Predator 2: http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...bnh=186&tbnw=251&start=0&ndsp=18&tx=115&ty=76

daxy

Aw, this game bombing doesn't bode well for more Gearbox/2K games on Wii U and surely it'll be '3rd party doesn't sell on Nintendo platforms' instead of 'our game is not that good, so it sold bad'. There's a truth to the former, but the latter is a pretty big part of that.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Do Gearbox have like an A team and a D team or something? It's boom or bust with these guys.

Or... they use the funds from all their contract gigs and funnel it to their own personal projects and they let anything not called Borderlands die on the vine.

Huh... wonder.

Or... they use the funds from all their contract gigs and funnel it to their own personal projects and they let anything not called Borderlands die on the vine.

Huh... wonder.

This.

Gearbox seems particularly guilty of favoritism towards its more popular franchises. In truth, they never should have taken on DNF, because that game was dead 6 years ago.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

The graphics, glitches, tearing, retarded AI, horrible animation and pacing are really only just minor issues compared to the sexist POS story.

Warning massive spoiler ahead, so don't highlight unless you're sure you want to:

Hicks coming back, with some rage inducingly boring ass explanation is probably the worst retcon I've ever seen. Honestly, this is grade A level fanfiction bullshit. This is insulting and reeks of stupid fans getting their way with a story. Horrible.

Yeah right, Weyland troops were in Orbit over Fury 161 but didn't bother to check the surface...
Ripley and Newt being turned into Women in a fridge tropes just so that Gearbox can spin their macho sexist Marine bullshit story avenging the death of those poor helpless women as uber masculine males with massive guns and badass one liners.

This is downright insulting in it's infantile, sexist and condescending writing.

This is a new level of bad and embarassing. If you thought Other M was bad in it's depiction of women and character retcon, this basically takes Ripley, puts a princess gown on her and skullfucks her character and achievements in one foul coma inducing pile of vomit.

AGAIN!!!! Don't look this up if you want to experience the worst fanfiction ever produced in playable form yourself.

Holy shit. Jesus fucking shit.

I hate video games.

OrigiNull

95vQZc4.jpg

Finished on Hardened, collected all but one of the stupid collectibles. Do not buy this game at full price.

5/10 for SP, going up to a whopping 6/10 for MP/Co-Op.

Amazes me that the 2010 AvP looks better than this and is in many ways a better game (even though it has its own, massive failings). Gearbox should be ashamed of this, and as nice as Mikey Neumann is, the story sucked, which is particularly galling after he openly mocked the scripting of Sega's trailer.

Haha, you people so silly, that's footage from Aliens vs. Predator 2: http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...bnh=186&tbnw=251&start=0&ndsp=18&tx=115&ty=76

Uhh so is this already unlocked on Steam or something?

nbthedude

You guys are just mad at this game because you are not iconic if the demo. This is an amazing IP and you should be excited about it necause it is an amazing IP.

Just as Machinima/Weekend Donfirms Andrea Renee.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Damn. Might not even Redbox it now.

Holy shit. I can't believe it's 2013 and people still can't get shit right. All they had to do was copy Dead Space...or the actual movies. :|

What happened to the gearbox that made Opp Force? Hell, even Borderlands... :|

Holy shit. Jesus fucking shit.

I hate video games.

Don't,

this fan fiction is bad regardless of medium. In Fact, it's even insulting for videogame standards.

This is the result of overly zealous fanboys working on an IP they loved. It's worse than I expected, and the pandering is so disgustingly misplaced and out of touch with the key themes of the franchise that it beggars believe anyone actually wrote this shit.

The actual story and writing is even worse than the ultimate badass trailer. That at least was just stupid fascistoid nonsense, the actual story is miles worse with all the pretense.

Wii U footage.............

looks like a game I would rather play. Too bad the game that was shown there isn't coming to WiiU, but instead that turd on a stick.

Damn. Might not even Redbox it now.

Holy shit. I can't believe it's 2013 and people still can't get shit right. All they had to do was copy Dead Space...or the actual movies. :|

What happened to the gearbox that made Opp Force? Hell, even Borderlands... :|

Dead Space is actually a great example of how an Alien game might work. But then again, Dead Space was made by people with artistic integrity (despite working for EA) and not rampant fanboys who's favorite character was offed by a director that didn't give them another shootbang summer blockbuster.

I truly hope that Randy Pitchfork just acted as a PR character and didn't actually like what they were doing with the franchise. Because that would make it much more tragic.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I am just going to watch Alien and Aliens on Bluray, play the old PC version of AvP. Infestations too and cry myself to sleep, believing I live in a world where Prometheus, AvP and AvP:R nor this game exists.

shut up it doesnt exist, on the bright side I saved my some money then, I dont know is this game even worth getting at £10?? I may have to pull the trigger out of curiosity (hopefully they may have patched it by then???)

Top Bottom